Cowgirls lose on the road at Montana

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Lady Griz downed the Cowgirls this afternoon 71-64. Pretty good game, Cowgirls got off to a 13-2 start, hitting three's, everything was falling. Lady Griz battled back and it went back and forth from there. Cowgirls hit 11 three's or something.. crazy. They got into some pretty bad foul trouble, Vanderjagt didn't really play in the 2nd half because of fouls. Definitely a young team, not as dominant as last year, but this team will finish better than 6th. I'll have some pics up later.
ImageImageImageImage
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

Titleist, thanks for the update. No offense to Montana who has a great coach and always fields a great woman's team.....but from watching previous games it is one of the worst places to get homered.
Great experience for those young Cowgirls at any rate.
I can tell you now that I honestly feel we will contend again this season. TCU, Utah, UNM, and SDSU are all really good but, with the exception of Elliot, I think Legerski can out coach them and our players are certainly more disciplined than the likes of TCU, SDSU, UNLV.
GO COWGIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Not too many homer calls.. they went both ways today. Montana will be better this year than last.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyoming Cowgirls vs. Montana Lady Griz

Pictures from today's event. They're a tad bit blurry, my camera hates taking pictures of basketball for some reason. Click the link above for more pics.

ImageImageImageImage
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Montana started four seniors that are the class of the Big Sky and a perennial NCAA Tourney team. The young Cowgirls did fine considering it was at their place in a very hostile environment. When Aubrey gets back, look out MWC.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"