Dave Christensen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Here is a link to the bios for Dave Christensen. He is the OC at Missouri.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footb ... ave01.html
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Rumor has it Christansen is on NM's list as well.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Does he have any ties to Wyoming or the rocky mountains? Would he use Wyoming as a stepping stone?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Hate to break it to you guys, but Christiensen is on every school's list that is looking for a HC. I think he'd be able to turn us around, but UW would be a stepping stone for him. He is going to get offers for big money from big schools, so I don't forsee him coming here.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Why is everyone so concerned about whether a coach is going to use us as a stepping stone or not?

Sure I would love to get a coach that comes in and establishes a winning tradition and stays for the next 10-20 years. Guess what we have been very successful in the past by getting coach's who want to climb the ladder. If we get a guy in here who turns things around and takes us to 2 bowl games in 3 years and then moves on, so be it. Its up to the AD to keep hiring good coaches at that point and then maybe just maybe you find a real good fit and someone stays at some point. I'm not suggesting we shouldn't look for a coach who may be intereted in staying, I'm just saying we should focus on coach's with a good potential to succeed and worry about keeping them after they are here! I would rather be 10-2, MWC champs and worrying about how to keep a coach, then I would at being a constinent year in and year out 6-6 and hoping for a bowl game. Just my :twocents:
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Look at the Utards. They stunk for years before Urban "stepping stone" Meyer coached for only 2 seasons including a BCS bowl. Think the Utards think Meyer was a bad hire. Here they go to another BCS bowl 3 years after he's gone.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

We need a household name as HC right now. Honestly, I don't care who that is...Gary Barnett, John L. Smith, etc. We are coming off of 10+ years of poop football, and don't need to wait 3 or 4 more years to win.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I agree with Snowman and Dread, we don't need to worry about stepping stones, just who will help us win now.

I somewhat agree and disagree with McPeachy, we need to win now not rebuild for several years, but that doesn't necessarily mean we need a big name. Find the best whoever it is, and hire them, whatever it costs. That's what I think we need.

I also think Marty English is a good linebacker coach and should try to be kept, maybe he has the best talent, but of all the positions his guys seemed to produce the most.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

The example of Urban Myer as a stepping stone is not a good one. He didn't recruit the players who made the run for the BCS the previous staff did. They had the talent to do what they did before Myer got there, but I agree he did help them with his system. He took off and did the players he recruited get to the BCS again well maybe some of them but the majority would have committed to Whittingham.

Get someone who is good and who will stay for a while so we are not a coaching carousel and have the up and down years we are used to.