Pokes beat Johnson and Wales 105-64

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

I know it was Johnson and Wales, but I was impressed with the way the team played. It sounded like we were playing much more as a team and had a bit less one-on-one offense. It was nice to see Mikhail have a better game offensively. We need him to be a viable threat against smaller teams. He also dominated the boards as he should have against such a small team. Ogirri may have broken out of his shooting funk going 4-9 from behind the arc. Our offense will be devestating if he can consistently knock down the three. Brandon looks like he might make a run for player of the year. He can put a game on his shoulders at any time and take over offensively. I've been very impressed with his vision and ability to draw defenders and find open teammates, and the best part is, they are actually finishing. We still need to improve on our defense. 64 points is too many to give up to a Johnson and Wales caliber team. I highly doubt we will be putting up 105 against the likes of UNLV and company, so it's critical we improve on defense. Pokes did what they were supposed to do...nice win.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

One bad thing about playing such a bad team is we were very lazy at times on defense, and tried to many fancy pases, went for steals that we shouldn't have etc. because we knew we would blow them out any way.

Our defense gave up way to many points for the competition we played (as you mentioned) we also didn't seem to know how to attack a zone a times, and settled for shots instead of creating better ones.

But we won, and can move on to better competition.
God is a Cowboy
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Well, I was wrong. Schoyer did beat Johnson and Wales. And, after Glenn has gotten fired, maybe the administration will put Schoyer on notice that he is next.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Maybe they'll let him actually get all of our scholarships back to use first since the previous coach helped them get taken away.
God is a Cowboy