Gregg Brandon from Bowling Green is Fired!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 238 times

After watching what Bowling Green did to us at the war this year, I was of the opinion that Brandon was a pretty good coach and one who might have a chance at a higher paying university.

I don't know much about Bowling Green, other than the year I spent attending an Ohio MAC school...but it seems that they have some pretty big expectations. Brandon was at BG for 6 years. In those 6 years he had a record of 44-30 with 3 bowl game appearances. I am pretty sure that if a coach led us to 3 bowl games in 6 years with a record of 44-30, then he would be in line for an extention.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3733383
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

Brandon took over for Urban Meyer, right? The MAC was an improved conference this year.. with Central Michigan and Ball St... tough to compete. But I agree, that kind of performance would have warranted an extension.
ImageImageImageImage
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

DUMB, DUMB move by Bowling Green. Did they ask themselves a question before they fired him: Who can we get that's better? I don't think BGU can.

They started off the season with a big win over a ranked Pitt and still went on to have a good season. The MAC is actually really competitive this season and BGU was still a good team.
I'm good for 3!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Hope we can snatch him up to work on our staff.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Fullback41 wrote:Hope we can snatch him up to work on our staff.
Wasn't he an assistant here at one time? That could certainly help in trying to coax him back to Laramie. Although he may be looking for another HC job...
I'm good for 3!
armchaircoach
Buckaroo

He will look for another head coaching job. He must have got side-ways with the athletic administration or they are smoking somthing. I agree they will not find someone else to have this kind of six year record. If he can't find a head job right away look for him to be an assistant for a couple of years at a BCS school and then a head coach again. He was a nice guy when he was here and will, I'm sure, land on his feet.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

According to the story I read this a.m., BGSU was failing their APR and were losing schollies as a result. That would be the reason to let him go.