1-3 tonight or 2-2?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

TCU has started out in good shape. They barely beat UNLV at their place with a couple of thousand not too vocal fans so that had to be worth at least 3 points. I have seen them on TV lots of times and they do have some good players that UW will have to contend with. They are not deep which if UW can get them into foul trouble will create some problems.

The concern I have is which UW team shows up? The one that leaves lots of wide open 3 pointers and-or cannnot get a rebound or the one that beat SDSU even if it was in Laramie.

If UW does not play well then TCU puts it on us. If UW plays well it will be a tight game all the way like the SDSU game was. There is very little chance UW puts it on TCU.

Win tonight and that makes this team 2-2 with one home and one road win. Lose tonight and drop in the early conference race to 8th place. I am thinking we lose a really tough game and will only be one game out of last place. Good thing there is still a lot of games left to play.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

PorkerPoke wrote:TCU has started out in good shape. They barely beat UNLV at their place with a couple of thousand not too vocal fans so that had to be worth at least 3 points. I have seen them on TV lots of times and they do have some good players that UW will have to contend with. They are not deep which if UW can get them into foul trouble will create some problems.

The concern I have is which UW team shows up? The one that leaves lots of wide open 3 pointers and-or cannnot get a rebound or the one that beat SDSU even if it was in Laramie.

If UW does not play well then TCU puts it on us. If UW plays well it will be a tight game all the way like the SDSU game was. There is very little chance UW puts it on TCU.

Win tonight and that makes this team 2-2 with one home and one road win. Lose tonight and drop in the early conference race to 8th place. I am thinking we lose a really tough game and will only be one game out of last place. Good thing there is still a lot of games left to play.
I think we've seen improvement. The key will be how much since the UNLV game. TCU isn't as good as their record would indicate, but they are still solid.

Home teams (except Air Force) have only lost one game in conference play this year (BYU over CSU). So, the record at this point needs to be taken with a grain of salt. We've only played one home game and this will be our third road game.

Pokes in a close one.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

My guess is that if TCU learned anything from the Wyo-UNLV game they will be getting inside easily. If not, then the open-look 3-pointers could sink the Pokes. Advantage TCU.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:My guess is that if TCU learned anything from the Wyo-UNLV game they will be getting inside easily. If not, then the open-look 3-pointers could sink the Pokes. Advantage TCU.
TCU is 3rd from last in 3pt shooting.

I'm taking the Pokes.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I know this may seem like an overly extreme statement, but I think this game is the most important game of the entire season. A good showing with a close loss like at Utah State or Boise State isn't good enough anymore. I'm looking at this game less as a momentum swinger and more as a litmus test of where the Pokes really stand in this conference. I see a lot of posters talking about the improvement they expect to see as the season progresses and how dangerous we will be come tourney time. We've played 17 games! What you see now, is what we are going to get for the most part. We aren't a good defensive team and that's going to be a problem the rest of the season. It's almost like people just expect it to click one day and all of a sudden we become a decent or even good defensive basketball team. It just doesn't work like that. Every single college basketball team in the nation plays better at home, but we obviously have to play some road games from time to time. I'm convinced this game will tell me everything I need to know about how this season will finish. Win this game (by 1 point or 20 points) and we end up with a legitimate chance to get into the NIT. Lose this game and the NIT doesn't even give us a sniff.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:My guess is that if TCU learned anything from the Wyo-UNLV game they will be getting inside easily. If not, then the open-look 3-pointers could sink the Pokes. Advantage TCU.
Looks like TCU DID learn from the Wyo-UNLV game. In fact they are getting inside drives even easier than UNLV. And notice the defense. TCU is on everybody like a glove EVERYWHERE in the half-court, not just by the circle. And they are actually running what appear to be plays. The Pokes are just trying to find a player open enough to toss it to. The refs aren't helping enough by not calling any rough stuff on TCU.