WYO WRESTLING...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PokerOfPoway
Buckaroo

By the way, our wrestling program is headed upward...ya, Title 9/plus since Wyoming HS went to a 3 sport season....times are tough but we did hire a killer coach and the program is only on the way up!!! The one coach who we should keep no matter what but most don't give a flying.........7-2 duals...what the hell - his first of coaching and teaching the kids that have been with the program how it is done! Rankings will come and people should be filling the gym! Yes, I played football, basketball, wrestling and track when they had the 4-sport season in WYO...can't even fill the weight classes now in WYO H.S...........sad :( Support the Cowboy Wrestlers DAMN IT :)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I've long been an advocate for Cowboy wrestling. Man am I glad they're doing well. The best part of this year's Cowboy team is that they're so young.. this team is only going to get better. Branch has made a HUGE difference in this team. Great hire by Wyoming, the look of Cowboy wrestling has substantially changed this year.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

This is a young team. We just whipped Duke 36-6 (Duke usually has a decent program). This team leads all of D1 wrestling in total wins and is in the top 5 in total pins...UNBELIEVABLE!!! And our 3 ranked wrestlers (Onufer, Leblanc and Martines) are all very young!! In fact, I think it is very arguable that wrestling is our most successful program right now at Wyoming. If this team continues to improve, expect national rankings easily in the top 15 over the next few years.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I suspect the team will be ranked before the end of the season.
ImageImageImageImage
PokerOfPoway
Buckaroo

Glad there is some interest...hey with Title IX...at least we have wrestling...miss the baseball team though :) Go Pokes...stick em!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

It'd be tough to drop wrestling at Wyoming.. a very long tradition of it there.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Pokes absolutely destroyed conference foes NDSU and SDSU this weekend. There can be no denying that the wrestling team is our best program right now. The way the freshmen are competing on that team has to have people excited!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Three of the freshman were ranked in the top 25, last I looked.
ImageImageImageImage