Up next: a humiliating defeat to San Diego State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

I wonder if we can stay within 20 points. Would not be shocked if San Diego State built leads of up to 30 points before the back off and we close the gap to 19.

The good part is that after this road game the next 2 on the road will be much closer. They may not be wins and that means either of them or they might both be wins. Hopefully we get at least one road victory this year in MWC play.

Well here is to hopes that the Pokes can pull a big surprise in San Diego but if I were betting I would say it would be something like San Diego State 84 Wyoming 65.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I think it all depends on the first 10 minutes. If we lay down like we did at UCLA, BYU, Utah, NM, then we are in for a long night and double digit loss.

Sucks.

I thought we would be competitive this year...not league beaters...but competitive.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I was at the game last year. We fell behind 19-0 and scored only about 10 points in the first half. I remember that with about 3 minutes left in the half, the crowd started to chant "you have 4 points". Well, with the exception of 1 game this year and 2 last year, we are completely noncompetitve in every road conference game, usually down by 15 or more by halftime.

I believe this group of players has zoned out Schroyer. They sure don't play very hard for him. 88-60 SDS.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Is it my imagination, but don't the Pokes seem to do better when they move the ball briskly down the court, set up quickly, then let fly early? Seems like when Ewing lopes down with the ball, and everybody is standing around, the opponent defense is more than ready to take care of things - and they usually do.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12 wrote:Is it my imagination, but don't the Pokes seem to do better when they move the ball briskly down the court, set up quickly, then let fly early? Seems like when Ewing lopes down with the ball, and everybody is standing around, the opponent defense is more than ready to take care of things - and they usually do.

We do seem to play much better up tempo, and attaching before the defense is all set.
God is a Cowboy
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

I actually see this being a much closer game than most of the other posters. I feel like we match up pretty well with San Diego St. I don't see us pulling out the win though. I see us being down by around 5 points at the half and losing by about 10.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

TheRealUW wrote:I actually see this being a much closer game than most of the other posters. I feel like we match up pretty well with San Diego St. I don't see us pulling out the win though. I see us being down by around 5 points at the half and losing by about 10.
Wow, spoken with true intelligence. How did you get so knowledgable about basketball? And, how do you not get angry when the basketball team sucks this bad?