Play without thinking

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Texas Tech is employing a high tempo offense that features no playbook. Their coach wants his players to play without thinking. I wonder if this approach is similar to what Wyoming is doing?

This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

That's interesting. I like watching Texas Tech's offense.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

i'm hoping so, we're gonna see truly how good of an offensive guru DC is this year(hopefully)
hithere
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:i'm hoping so, we're gonna see truly how good of an offensive guru DC is this year(hopefully)
I don't think we'll see that out of Christensen until next year, when he's the OC somewhere like Western Kentucky.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

hithere wrote:
stymeman wrote:i'm hoping so, we're gonna see truly how good of an offensive guru DC is this year(hopefully)
I don't think we'll see that out of Christensen until next year, when he's the OC somewhere like Western Kentucky.
Hahaha. Okay. Even if DC gets fired this season, you can almost guarantee he will be an OC at a BCS school. Did you forget about his days at Mizzou?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I thought that that is how you're supposed to play. You drill, drill, drill in practice until it becomes automatic and then, in a game, it is part of your instinct. You can't waste time thinking. Sort of like driving a car - you do it with a modicum of concentration, but not a lot of thinking.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Stepping stone U, aaargh, and time to rebuild again, gets old fast...oh well it's Wyoming
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:Stepping stone U, aaargh, and time to rebuild again, gets old fast...oh well it's Wyoming
Stepping stone?
Maybe.
But if he gets fired and gets an OC job at a school that isn't in the SEC, or high level BCS (like Mizzou) it would be a step back for him.

I don't think DC is leaving. He wants to have a big year this season, then amaze people with Brett Smith his senior year. I think DC is staying here for a while. If he produces the results WE want and HE wants, I think he stays through Thompsons senior year (providing Thompson gets 2 starting seasons).
Maybe he goes to a big BCS school by then, no way to know what jobs will be available by then. Hell Mizzou might be getting a new coach then, same with Washington. Both are schools that DC would love to go to.

I have no problem with him leading Wyo to a few MWC titles, and many bowl games, and Top 25 rankings before he goes to a big time school.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:
stymeman wrote:Stepping stone U, aaargh, and time to rebuild again, gets old fast...oh well it's Wyoming
Stepping stone?
Maybe.
But if he gets fired and gets an OC job at a school that isn't in the SEC, or high level BCS (like Mizzou) it would be a step back for him.

I don't think DC is leaving. He wants to have a big year this season, then amaze people with Brett Smith his senior year. I think DC is staying here for a while. If he produces the results WE want and HE wants, I think he stays through Thompsons senior year (providing Thompson gets 2 starting seasons).
Maybe he goes to a big BCS school by then, no way to know what jobs will be available by then. Hell Mizzou might be getting a new coach then, same with Washington. Both are schools that DC would love to go to.

I have no problem with him leading Wyo to a few MWC titles, and many bowl games, and Top 25 rankings before he goes to a big time school.
I'm with you on this one BeaverPoke. I always get excited this time of year. I was driving to work the other morning and saw them out practicing and today I the damn music woke me up after getting called in late last night.

Dave Christensen isn't here to lose games. He's a strong headed mo-fo that has recruited alot of talent. He's taking over the offense (which was basically his to begin with). The defense is key this season. But at the end of the day, I back this team and staff up until the end of the year, so here's to 13-0!

Go Pokes!
Brandon
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

*14-0