Got my tickets for the NU/UW Game...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

In Section 40, Row 86. For some reason, I thought the visitors sat in opposite corner (southwest) - at least they have at all of the other games I have been to at Memorial Stadium. 6 inch wide seat. Surrounded by red. Time to get some bright as hell yellow shirt.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

how much did you fork out??? just curious, will be there with my folks just sad it's like going to an NFL game
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

I think they were $60 each.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 110 times

Got mine, too! Can't wait to see the Pokes beat up on the bugeaters!

Image[/url]
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

how did you get them???
nirv117
Ranch Hand

How many rows are there in that area? I am in row 91
God is a Cowboy
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 110 times

stymeman wrote:how did you get them???
Through the Cowboy Joe Club
StickNnod
Buckaroo

LawPoke wrote:In Section 40, Row 86. For some reason, I thought the visitors sat in opposite corner (southwest) - at least they have at all of the other games I have been to at Memorial Stadium. 6 inch wide seat. Surrounded by red. Time to get some bright as hell yellow shirt.
Sec 40 is southeast end zone - top section. I don't know how many total rows there are... maybe 110? You should plan on arriving early...very early. I hear it's a bitch getting all the way up there.
here is your view:

The other visitor section is directly across - under the small video screen.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

StickNnod wrote:Sec 40 is southeast end zone - top section. I don't know how many total rows there are... maybe 110? You should plan on arriving early...very early. I hear it's a bitch getting all the way up there.
here is your view:

The other visitor section is directly across - under the small video screen.
Wow. You sumbitches really do accommodate visiting fans in spectacular fashion. :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I want to go early and tailgate - try out all my new tailgating toys. I need to see if there is a place to easily do that as a visitor.
God is a Cowboy
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

I have been to quite a few Nebraska home games. 1994 v. CU (Salaam, Stewart and the boys), the Texas game where Rickie Williams couldn't be stopped, a game with A & M where NU drilled the Aggies, the Alex Henery kick v. CU (and subsequent smackdown of the CU QB by Suh after an interception) and several other losses to CU. I have sat in quite a few different places. It is an experience. It is very cramped. And you have to get to your seat fairly early, if you want to enjoy the pregame, which is a good show.

For StickNnod, did they move the visitors to that end with the revamp of the stadium? Was it always there, in addition to the block of seats under the screen you mention?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

i'm gonna have to wait until the day of and see if I can't get some at a more reasonable price, still gonna be a fun atmosphere!!!
StickNnod
Buckaroo

LawPoke wrote:For StickNnod, did they move the visitors to that end with the revamp of the stadium? Was it always there, in addition to the block of seats under the screen you mention?
When I was in college - that northwest corner was the only visitor section I remember. It was in the Big 8 days and I don't think there was very much demand for traveler seats back then. There may have been some visitors tucked up there. It was a long time ago. I think after the Big 12 fiasco started there was an obligation to provide more visitor seating, so they re-appropriated that little section and moved the students to the nether-regions of the northeast in order to clear out all the good seats for the big money donors.

You probably could have done a little better, but not for sixty beans. The northeast visitor section are really pretty good seats, I sat there for the pitt game in 2005. Easy to get in and out, too. I got tix thru a friend of mine who is on the Pitt faculty and paid $85 a seat face.

To which "several losses to CU" are you referring? I guess you're talking about 02 and 04?
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Yep. 02 and 04.

My wife is originally from Lincoln and I grew up watching Nebraska, as my folks and their respective families were from Oshkosh and Crawford. The 80's were painful (even with 9 or 10 wins a year), but the 90's made up for it. Since I graduated from UW, I still track the Huskers, but my passion is the Pokes. I figure NU has enough rabid fans...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

if anybody has any extras please let me know as I'll happily take them off your hands...thanx
StickNnod
Buckaroo

I think if you just show up with a few sheckels in your pocket you won't have much trouble finding decent seats to this one by just wandering up 10th street. The closer to kickoff, the better you'll do. Enjoy the game and thanks in advance for bringing your money to Lincoln.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

StickNnod wrote:I think if you just show up with a few sheckels in your pocket you won't have much trouble finding decent seats to this one by just wandering up 10th street. The closer to kickoff, the better you'll do. Enjoy the game and thanks in advance for bringing your money to Lincoln.
thanx for the heads up. it's like going to an NFL game...lol mini style, or the way it's going the minor NFL league...lol

Hey wyopig, i've emailed and im'ed you about what we've talked about and no answer, do you still have connections for the game>>>just curious...thanx