Players you hate to cheer for

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

How many of you have players on your pro team that came from Cowboy rivals or we're flat out dirt bags in college.

For me It's Escobar, I really dislike most anyone out of SDSU but it's worst because he is a large TE that is basically going to replace Witten as long as he plays good. He is a good sized TE but I just hate rooting for him lol.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Hillman for SDSU now playing for Denver. I respect what he can do, doesn't mean I have to like it.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Not only when a college rival is on your favorite team, but when a Poke goes to a rival pro team.
Like Kurt Ta'fasu (sp?) on the Raiders or Malcolm Floyd on the Chargers. I will cheer for any poke in the NFL, but when they are on a rival of the Broncos, it sucks sometimes lol.

Joel Dressen from CSU on the Broncos, Hillman from SDSU on the Broncos, Zane Beadles from Utah on the Broncos.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Not only when a college rival is on your favorite team, but when a Poke goes to a rival pro team.
Like Kurt Ta'fasu (sp?) on the Raiders or Malcolm Floyd on the Chargers. I will cheer for any poke in the NFL, but when they are on a rival of the Broncos, it sucks sometimes lol.

Joel Dressen from CSU on the Broncos, Hillman from SDSU on the Broncos, Zane Beadles from Utah on the Broncos.
Did you know Beadles is coach Joe Legerski's stepson?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

zappinpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Not only when a college rival is on your favorite team, but when a Poke goes to a rival pro team.

Really??? I had no clue.
I don't hate Beadles, I like him, it's just that my brother and some of my friends are die-hard Ute fans, and they like to rub it in that Beadles (and no Pokes) is on the Broncos, as we are all Broncos fans. But since Unrein has been doing work for the Broncos, they don't ever rub it in anymore.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Speaking of the Donks, I hope Wolfe is OK. He took a nasty hit in the exhibition game and was ambulanced to the hospital.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
zappinpoke wrote:

Really??? I had no clue.
I don't hate Beadles, I like him, it's just that my brother and some of my friends are die-hard Ute fans, and they like to rub it in that Beadles (and no Pokes) is on the Broncos, as we are all Broncos fans. But since Unrein has been doing work for the Broncos, they don't ever rub it in anymore.
Dressen's brother, Jason played for the Poke's and Joel would have come to Wyoming but Dimel eliminated the TE position from our offense so Joel went to CSU instead.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

What about players that you didn't really like in college, but once they went pro you ended up kind of liking them?
For me the biggest one is Kawhi Leonard from SDSU, and now on the Spurs.
I never really liked him @ SDSU, but now that I see how big of a douche Jamaal Franklin @ SDSU is/was I realized Leonard wasn't bad at all. Plus he is quietly turning into a star in the NBA. Great defense, has the ability to score, and rebound, and is not cocky or self centered like most NBA players.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Speaking of the Donks, I hope Wolfe is OK. He took a nasty hit in the exhibition game and was ambulanced to the hospital.
I heard is going to be okay. He is flying back on the team flight, and there is an outside chance that he will be playing in the next preseason game.
Scary moment for sure, but I think they were being extra safe, which to me is the right call.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

zappinpoke, what kind of offense did Dimel run? Was it a pure pass happy spread with all WRs?
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:zappinpoke, what kind of offense did Dimel run? Was it a pure pass happy spread with all WRs?
The first year was spread offense. I forgot who the OC was that first year. Under Dimel we had a different OC each year. I think his second year the OC quit just before the season began and Dimel filled in as the OC. His last year Manny Mansakis brought his triple shoot offense in. I always felt a little bad for Jay Stoner as the kid had to learn a new offense every year he was in our program.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Tim Jefferson was one of those players for me.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Jim McMahon for me. Hated he played for the basterds but I liked seeing him play on T.V. during the 1985 season when he was with the Bears.

He's the ONLY BYU player I'll ever like.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

i always hated cheering for joey porter when he was a steeler
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Zane Beadles and Mitch Unrein, only because they play for the dreaded Broncos, I love what Mitch did at UW but I can't stand the Broncos at all, also that Eric Weddle at Safety for San Diego used to play for the Yewts
Sure there's many more but can't think of any at this time.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Brett Keisel is that way for me. He's from my home town (Greybull) so it's hard not to root for him. I didn't even know where he went to college; I just knew it wasn't Wyoming. Once I looked it up and found out he went to BYU I have a hard time rooting for him. Why oh why were't you a cowboy Brett?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

COS Cowboy wrote:Brett Keisel is that way for me. He's from my home town (Greybull) so it's hard not to root for him. I didn't even know where he went to college; I just knew it wasn't Wyoming. Once I looked it up and found out he went to BYU I have a hard time rooting for him. Why oh why were't you a cowboy Brett?
as far as i understand he and yBu had a bit of a falling out over the roethlisberger in reno situation.....since then he's always announced GHS as his alma mater when they play on nbc

"Brett Keisel....Greybull High School, Go Buffs"
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

whyoh wrote:
COS Cowboy wrote:Brett Keisel is that way for me. He's from my home town (Greybull) so it's hard not to root for him. I didn't even know where he went to college; I just knew it wasn't Wyoming. Once I looked it up and found out he went to BYU I have a hard time rooting for him. Why oh why were't you a cowboy Brett?
as far as i understand he and yBu had a bit of a falling out over the roethlisberger in reno situation.....since then he's always announced GHS as his alma mater when they play on nbc

What happened in Reno?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Wyokie wrote:
whyoh wrote:

What happened in Reno?
Big ben the deed assualted a girl. From my understanding, Brett has stuck by him and defended it or something. i don't know details.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

djm19 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
whyoh wrote:

What happened in Reno?
Big ben the deed assualted a girl. From my understanding, Brett has stuck by him and defended it or something. i don't know details.
I heard about the rape but not Brett defending the asshole. Big Ben is why I can't stand the Steelers.