Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

B-Smith had a total qbr of 99.
From 0-100, getting a 99 is pretty awesome. Better win MWC player of the week.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:B-Smith had a total qbr of 99.
I think he shares it with Fales a lot better win for FSU than AFA, if Smitty doesn't share it or win it I will be pissed. If it was a closer game he could have had 600 yards himself.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

mrtnt3x wrote:
I think he shares it with Fales a lot better win for FSU than AFA, if Smitty doesn't share it or win it I will be pissed. If it was a closer game he could have had 600 yards himself.
Fales lost though. Considering he's the QB for SJSU. Carr is the QB for Fresno.

It'll be between Carr and Smith this week for OPW.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
mrtnt3x wrote:
Fales lost though. Considering he's the QB for SJSU. Carr is the QB for Fresno.

It'll be between Carr and Smith this week for OPW.
You're right, brain fart, was referencing Carr
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
gbpoke
Cowpoke

The difference between Carr and Smith this week is that Smith only had what like 6 incomplete passes in the game and rushed for over 130 yards and a TD. Carr had 21 incomplete passes and had 8 yards rushing. To me it's a no brainer, although Fresno beating Boise at home is slightly more impressive than win overall than Wyoming smashing Air Force.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 57 times

Brett Smith was, hands down, the best football player in the MWC yesterday. Frankly, he was one of the best football players in the country yesterday. Regardless of what his future in professional football holds, I have no doubt that he the University of Wyoming Cowboys has one of the top 5 college football QB's in the nation this year.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Where is this rating from? The ESPN web site of QB ratings has Smith at 29th with a rating of 155.8. I don't know what goes into this rating, but I am assuming that there are other organizations rating QB's.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote:
Where is this rating from? The ESPN web site of QB ratings has Smith at 29th with a rating of 155.8. I don't know what goes into this rating, but I am assuming that there are other organizations rating QB's.
It's on ESPN, but it's the total QBR rather than traditional quarterback rating...it takes scrambling into account as well as passing, believe there are a few other differences but 100 is perfect on this system
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

Adv8RU12 wrote:
Here is the link explaining what QBR is:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68332 ... ack-rating
ROFLcopter
Buckaroo

gbpoke wrote:The difference between Carr and Smith this week is that Smith only had what like 6 incomplete passes in the game and rushed for over 130 yards and a TD. Carr had 21 incomplete passes and had 8 yards rushing. To me it's a no brainer, although Fresno beating Boise at home is slightly more impressive than win overall than Wyoming smashing Air Force.
Smith balled out hard and I won't complain if he gets it. But "slightly more impressive"? Really? Air Force is terribad. Boise isn't the Boise of the past but they will probably still win double digits this year.

As for the incompletions...watch the BSU-FS game on replay, there were probably 9 or 10 drops. Really uncharacteristic of our WRs.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

ROFLcopter wrote:
gbpoke wrote:The difference between Carr and Smith this week is that Smith only had what like 6 incomplete passes in the game and rushed for over 130 yards and a TD. Carr had 21 incomplete passes and had 8 yards rushing. To me it's a no brainer, although Fresno beating Boise at home is slightly more impressive than win overall than Wyoming smashing Air Force.
Smith balled out hard and I won't complain if he gets it. But "slightly more impressive"? Really? Air Force is terribad.

As for the incompletions...watch the BSU-FS game on replay, there were probably 9 or 10 drops. Really uncharacteristic of our WRs.
Given that AF is terrible, Smith's stats are still better than Carr's against AF. Coincidence? I think not. As for dropped balls, a couple of Smiths were dropped balls as well. So, wtf does it matter if it is a dropped ball or a straight incomplete pass? It is still an incompletion. Smith was much more impressive.
ROFLcopter
Buckaroo

one-smooth-poke wrote:
ROFLcopter wrote:
Smith balled out hard and I won't complain if he gets it. But "slightly more impressive"? Really? Air Force is terribad.

Given that AF is terrible, Smith's stats are still better than Carr's against AF. Coincidence? I think not. As for dropped balls, a couple of Smiths were dropped balls as well. So, wtf does it matter if it is a dropped ball or a straight incomplete pass? It is still an incompletion. Smith was much more impressive.
You brought up incompletions dude. I watched both games. Wyo's WRs dropped a few, sure, but nothing like the large-scale butterfingers that hit everyone on FS except for Burse.

Stats against AF? Carr was 28/32 for 452 yards and 4 TDs against AF last year with a torn ab muscle in 3 quarters of play. Whatever. Their defense is terrible.

If he wins, great for him. Both QBs had great games. Your homerism is showing if you think either was that much more impressive.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wow, I expected a Wyoming win, but not complete domination. Color me surprised, and happy! Wyoming looks legit this year, and I couldn't be more excited. Brett is just an absolute beast!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Weekly Leaders

Season Leaders

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... -in-week-4

Check this article out about Brett Smith it is on the main "Mothership" CFB page but you have to look for it.