WYO vs. Utah in SLC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
big z
Ranch Hand

What are your predictions? This is going to be the "Blackout" game for us again this year, and it's on Halloween. How many of you guys will be rolling down here, we tailgate pretty hard so if you're interested in having some full come up to the tailgate lot.

What's your prediction?
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

Utah wins it 27 - 14. tough battle till 4th, where a cowboy turnover helps utah gain a two score lead, and the utes hold on to prevail...

that is realistic.

but i think the cowboys should be tough and have a chance! hopefully
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The difference, I think, will be in the Poke offense. Since Utah will be going against a defense
that will be the same, in the sense that the coaching philosophy is the same as 2008, the Utes
will again spank the Pokes, as it did in 2008. The only hope is that the Poke offense can keep up
to make it close.
big z
Ranch Hand

Might not be that great as it's on halloween.

There is talk of keeping the tailgate lot kid friendly for this game and turning it into a big trick or treat event for the kids. I've got a 6 year old daughter who comes to the games with me a few times throughout the season, she'll be going to this one with me.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

At this time, Utah has to be a large favorite. Wyoming's defense will be as good or better than last year - especially our secondary due to more experience. The questionmark is the offense - can it be tuned in by the end of October? I think it will be better than last year with one of the best offensive minds in the country at the helm now, but do we have the personnel to run it effectively? I don't think we will know until we get into a game. I think you will see a totally different Wyoming team - much more competitive, agressive, and harder hitting.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I'd have to agree w/ WYCowboy.. Utah is the favorite in this game, but I expect it to be closer than last year.. at least, the turnovers should be minimalized. I would hope for this game we won't be playing musical QBs either, that sure didn't help the team out. I would say those two factors will make it a closer game. How will Utah respond without Brian Johnson at QB?
ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:I'd have to agree w/ WYCowboy.. Utah is the favorite in this game, but I expect it to be closer than last year.. at least, the turnovers should be minimalized. I would hope for this game we won't be playing musical QBs either, that sure didn't help the team out. I would say those two factors will make it a closer game. How will Utah respond without Brian Johnson at QB?
It's going to be an interesting season, Corbin Louks is my favorite to be the starting QB. He's been in the system the longest, and has had two season under Brian to get a better feel for the game. He was a Passing QB in highschool, but has turned to a running QB at the U. We haven't seen him throw the ball that much besides the Red/White game this spring.
23handicap
Buckaroo

big z wrote:What are your predictions? This is going to be the "Blackout" game for us again this year, and it's on Halloween. How many of you guys will be rolling down here, we tailgate pretty hard so if you're interested in having some full come up to the tailgate lot.

What's your prediction?
Wyoming will win this game.
big z
Ranch Hand

23handicap wrote:
big z wrote:What are your predictions? This is going to be the "Blackout" game for us again this year, and it's on Halloween. How many of you guys will be rolling down here, we tailgate pretty hard so if you're interested in having some full come up to the tailgate lot.

What's your prediction?
Wyoming will win this game.
That's it? What are you basing that on?
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

Wyoming opens the season with two teams way better than Utah. Take Weber for instance, they so nearly kicked Utah's ass last year, and had it not been for the obvious MWC biased officials, would have had it in the bag.

Texas is always better than Utah, regardless of win loss records, when was the last time Utah beat up on Texas.

By the time this game rolls around, Utah will be shaking in their cinderella slippers.

Joe gets lifetime passes to Wyoming/Utah games played at Salt Lake City.
big z
Ranch Hand

pokerupfront wrote:Wyoming opens the season with two teams way better than Utah. Take Weber for instance, they so nearly kicked Utah's ass last year, and had it not been for the obvious MWC biased officials, would have had it in the bag.

Texas is always better than Utah, regardless of win loss records, when was the last time Utah beat up on Texas.

By the time this game rolls around, Utah will be shaking in their cinderella slippers.

Joe gets lifetime passes to Wyoming/Utah games played at Salt Lake City.
Still bitter about what happened two years ago? There is no way WYO comes into SLC and wins, not going to happen. This years defense maybe better than last seasons, i'm expecting more turnovers on the WYO part and the score is going to be about the same as two season ago. Good luck with that!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

We mostly just like to use the Cowboy Joe flipping off graphic. :thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

Here is a fact for you:

At the moment Wyo is 1-8 in their last 9 vs. Utah and 4-11 in their last 15. What in those numbers tell you there is any reason not to think that the next 15 years won’t look like the last 15 years?
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:We mostly just like to use the Cowboy Joe flipping off graphic. :thumb:
Yes we do.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

big z wrote:Here is a fact for you:

At the moment Wyo is 1-8 in their last 9 vs. Utah and 4-11 in their last 15. What in those numbers tell you there is any reason not to think that the next 15 years won’t look like the last 15 years?

Um, I would say the 20 years before that you conveniently left out, Anyone can choose and pick a good time in their history, but it is foolish to think things will stay that way forever. Good try, but you can't thwart our optimism by regurgitating recent history.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

Little big z's right, not too soon to get the juices flowing for this potential hall of shame game-

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... G%26um%3D1

Only $15.99 plus S&H!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Who doens't have a stellar record against us this decade. When you do the math, you'd realize that the difference between 1-8 and 4-11 is 3-3. That is about the time Utah finally had a program under McBride.

I have some facts for you:

Wyoming has finished ranked 8 times to Utah's 5. And, since 1950, Wyoming leads the series 30-27....and that included the best years of Utah football.

The cycle is about to change for both teams.
big z
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:

Who doens't have a stellar record against us this decade. When you do the math, you'd realize that the difference between 1-8 and 4-11 is 3-3. That is about the time Utah finally had a program under McBride.

I have some facts for you:

Wyoming has finished ranked 8 times to Utah's 5. And, since 1950, Wyoming leads the series 30-27....and that included the best years of Utah football.

The cycle is about to change for both teams.
Here is another quick fact:

BCS Games Played:

Utah: 2
Wyo: 0

BCS Games Won:

Utah: 2
Wyo: 0

I'm not on here to troll, just talk some football.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

But you forget, the BCS has only been around for what.. 5, maybe 10 years? A lot of teams haven't played in or won BCS games.. just give it time.
ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:But you forget, the BCS has only been around for what.. 5, maybe 10 years? A lot of teams haven't played in or won BCS games.. just give it time.
Time for what? I've heard from CSU fans that Wyoming is just a slight step above a JUCO program?

Regardless, I'm hoping it's going to be a good game.