Extremely Low Expectations this year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

I hope I'm wrong 2 years in a row. Last year I had very high expectations and thought 8 wins was the minimum. But now I realize you simply can't win without more than 1 D1 caliber Wide Receiver. Add to that Terrible special teams and it really shows how great the Defense was once again just keeping the team in some games. The Qb's looked terrible simply because the WR's sucked so bad and could never get open.

This year, with a new regime coming in and a very tough schedule I see 4 wins.
How in the world are we going to score on Texas? It would have to be off of a turnover (short field) or a defensive score. I don't see our O moving the ball at all on Texas. I hope its not completely humiliating given the fact so many people will be watching. Our dbacks better have the game of their careers to keep Texas under 50 points. Colt McCoy throwing to Jordan Shipley will be a nightmare.

I'm actually worried about Weber State. The game is a no win scenario. Winning is expected, but losing and you can prepare for a 0-2 win season. And Weber State is excited after a good season last year with a lot of players back.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Funny how you mention 50 points for Texas. I keep having the number 56 running thru my head like some sort of premonition. The only reason it may be less is if Texas calls off the dogs or the Pokes are scoring (which seems unlikely). I only hope I am wrong. One can always remember the 7-0 upset of Baylor in the inaugural of War Memorial.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

As likely it is that UW will have a poor season, I can't stand when fans do nothing but look at the negative side of everything. That's not a fan at all.
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

J-Rod wrote:As likely it is that UW will have a poor season, I can't stand when fans do nothing but look at the negative side of everything. That's not a fan at all.
Ironically, these worthless posts are 10x more annoying.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

I agree that true fans should stay positive regardless of how bad the scenario appears, but even beyond that, I don't see why more people aren't optimistic regarding this squad. This team compares heavily to last year's team, but with one major difference, coaching. Joe Glenn did a lot of things right, but in terms of scheming, he absolutely belonged at schools like Montana and UNC. This wore on the players folks. Even when the talent is there, its hard to get psyched for a game where you feel the opponent is more prepared.

As far as the offense goes, its apparent there is a lack of playmakers, period. But Karsten Sween has been absolutely wasted under Glenn, Cockhill and Cole. Although Sween isn't as mobile as DC would like for his system, his quick accurate arm is designed for this type of spread, short passing offense.

My prediciton:

I see wins against... Weber St, Florida Atlantic, UNM, SDSU, AFA and UNLV.

And I think CSU is a toss up, but I lean towards a loss.

6-6 (4-4)
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Seems like many of you have actually seen DC and staff coach at Wyoming against other programs already. I guess I must have slept through a season after Glenn's last year. Please tell me how they did.

Come on guys. We don't know how this will go. I think it is silly even guessing how many we will win on a year we do know the coach and his performance let alone a new one. The only thing we know is we have 105 players, a stadium under construction, a new coach (could be good, bad or in the middle), a schedule that would make many teams cringe and 7220ft. I think it looks pretty ordinary except the stadium but that is needed.

Let us all have an open mind this season. No expectations. Celebrate our wins regardless who they are with a Buckin' Horse Pilsner or any other beverage that is worthy of our tradition. If we lose we should still gather together and cry over some beverages. If we do these things we will be more likely to show up and support our team which can't hurt their performance.

The seed was planted in the spring let us see how it finishes in the dead of winter. I think all of us will be surprised one way or another.
Go Pokes!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

East_Popcorn_State wrote:
J-Rod wrote:As likely it is that UW will have a poor season, I can't stand when fans do nothing but look at the negative side of everything. That's not a fan at all.
Ironically, these worthless posts are 10x more annoying.

False.

Fans hitting the panic button before the season starts is extremely annoying. You win the non-post of the week award. :)
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

I hate to agree with east popcorn, but he's right about the receiving corps. It's gonna be a really tough year running the spread with a team full of stone hands receivers. I see us getting 7 wins myself, but these first couple years are really going to be hard. Sween can get the job done, I just hope that HCDC has stuck those wideouts on the jugs machine 24-7.