Utah bars finally open to the public

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

From the Northern Wyoming Daily News:
Now we can drink happily while getting through Utah as fast as possible!

Utah bars to mark end of liquor restrictions

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Jeremy Kristic and several of his friends pounded on the door at Oscar’s bar Wednesday promptly at 11 a.m. They wanted it to open immediately, and they wanted to drink. They had after all other bars to go to — before closing time at 1 a.m.

“This is the one day we can go out to experience all the different kinds of bars,” said Kristic, a 30-year-old private investigator.

Bartenders in Utah threw open their doors Wednesday as the state ditched a 40-year-old requirement that customers fill out an application, pay a fee and become a member of a private club before setting foot in a bar.

“It’s 40 years of oppression come to an end,” said Dave Morris, owner of the bar Piper Down in Salt Lake City. “There’s this national perception that we don’t have bars here, so hopefully this gets out there that we’re open for business.”

To celebrate, Morris organized a 16-bar pub crawl to celebrate the novelty of being allowed into a bar without having to pay first. One crawl was set for Wednesday, another with a different lineup of bars was scheduled for Friday.

The new rules are an effort to boost the state’s $7 billion-a-year tourism industry and make the state appear a little less quirky to outsiders.

In the posh ski resort town of Park City, many locals took the change in stride. The area has long been known for bending state rules to accommodate tourists and many locals never bought a club membership.

“I don’t think it’ll change too much. It’s kind of open here,” said Bruce Morrison, while downing a beer at No Name Saloon on Park City’s historic Main Street. Morrison said he didn’t remember the last time he paid for a membership in Park City.

In Ogden, bartender Rich Miros at Brewskis happily scraped off lettering on the door that said the bar was a private club. The bar gets plenty of tourists from a nearby downtown hotel and skiers coming back from a day at the slopes at nearby Snowbasin.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

It will take YEARS for that mess to turn around and feel somewhat "normal". Bad part is, they will still inforce the alcohol by volume 3.2 rule, and other bogus rules. Utah sucks ass.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

True indeed. Montana passed a law yesterday saying that our breweries can now start brewing beer to 14%, instead of the old 7%. W000000t!!!! :) I'm pretty excited to see what these local breweries can start turning out for European style beers.. 2-3 of those will knock you on your can. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

McPeachy wrote:It will take YEARS for that mess to turn around and feel somewhat "normal". Bad part is, they will still inforce the alcohol by volume 3.2 rule, and other bogus rules. Utah sucks ass.
Then you better not ever move to Oklahoma! All they have here is 3.2 crap.

BTW, there are several "dry" counties here as well...
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

Finally, after a hundred years of just raping young girls against their will, the elders have decided to resort to getting them drunk before putting the pork to 'em.

:lol:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Even though the above post was so wrong, I laughed my ass off.
ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

pokerupfront wrote:Finally, after a hundred years of just raping young girls against their will, the elders have decided to resort to getting them drunk before putting the pork to 'em.

Brutal
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Even though the above post was so wrong, I laughed my ass off.
big z wrote:
pokerupfront wrote:Finally, after a hundred years of just raping young girls against their will, the elders have decided to resort to getting them drunk before putting the pork to 'em.

Brutal
My pleasure fellas! :thumb: