Benjamin's job to lose

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I get the feeling the coaching staff is just enamored with Benjamin's upside and combo attack and that unless he really screws up that he'll be starting against Weber St - no matter what Sween does.
UW44
Buckaroo

Yep, me to. If you look at his scrimmage stats in comparison to Sween's you would think Sween may be slightly ahead by virtue of not turning the ball over, but in watching Benjamin its easy to see that his big play ability is far ahead of Sween's. Benjamin has made mistakes, but he throws a great deep ball, he has a strong and accurate arm, and he can run very well. Our offense could suprise a lot of people if Robert becomes more comfortable with the system.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I still hope they throw the redshirt on ACS this season.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I don't thin ACS would lose his redshirt unless he actually enters a game. I would like to see Sween as backup and only bring ACS in if absolutely needed.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Redshirt is only burned if he enters a game and is not determined until the end of the season, so I think they should stick it out with Benjamin and Sween this year. Only bring ACS if both Sween and Benjamin suffer season long injuries.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Are redshirts allowed to suit up? Here, our redshirts are typically sitting in the student section during the games.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

the coaches will play who they want to play, sometimes it is the best player available, sometimes it really not.

I remember last season for Hawaii, we started Inoke Funaki, whom every Warrior fan knew wasn't even the 4th best QB on the roster, but he was the coaches favorite. Not saying Benjamin isn't the best QB Wyoming has, he just might be. Just saying that A+B doesn't always equal C in these situations.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

red shirts wear jeans and there jersey and chill on the sideline...but that was during glenns era also at MSU and Iowa red shirts suit up for home games only