What's with all the bitching?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 110 times

Seriously, everyone needs to calm the f down. We allegedly got a coach that has been successful everywhere he's gone. (FCS & FBS) I don't understand the logic that this is a "good enough" hire. Hiring a D2 head coach would have been "good enough". Hiring a wide receiver coach that has never been even a coordinator would have been "good enough". Hiring a mediocre FCS head coach would have been "good enough". Instead hired a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING COACH. Granted it was at the FCS level, but 40-2 is a mind boggling record at ANY level.

You guys that are freaking out obviously wouldn't accept any name but Jeff Tedford. I was on the Tedford bandwagon too, but Bohl was a very close second. If you're going to cry yourself to sleep and cancel your season tickets go ahead, but be miserable by yourself and stop dragging the rest of us down with you.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

So only those with your exact opinion can post on this board. Got it.....
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote:Seriously, everyone needs to calm the f down. We allegedly got a coach that has been successful everywhere he's gone. (FCS & FBS) I don't understand the logic that this is a "good enough" hire. Hiring a D2 head coach would have been "good enough". Hiring a wide receiver coach that has never been even a coordinator would have been "good enough". Hiring a mediocre FCS head coach would have been "good enough". Instead hired a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING COACH. Granted it was at the FCS level, but 40-2 is a mind boggling record at ANY level.

You guys that are freaking out obviously wouldn't accept any name but Jeff Tedford. I was on the Tedford bandwagon too, but Bohl was a very close second. If you're going to cry yourself to sleep and cancel your season tickets go ahead, but be miserable by yourself and stop dragging the rest of us down with you.
+1000
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

HR_Poke wrote:So only those with your exact opinion can post on this board. Got it.....
Why am I not shocked that you were the first one to whine about this thread.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote:Seriously, everyone needs to calm the f down. We allegedly got a coach that has been successful everywhere he's gone. (FCS & FBS) I don't understand the logic that this is a "good enough" hire. Hiring a D2 head coach would have been "good enough". Hiring a wide receiver coach that has never been even a coordinator would have been "good enough". Hiring a mediocre FCS head coach would have been "good enough". Instead hired a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING COACH. Granted it was at the FCS level, but 40-2 is a mind boggling record at ANY level.

Please quit mischaracterizing my position. Wyoming needed and deserved a better hire at this critical junction. This isn't a knock at Bohl by any means, but is one on Burman.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Brew_Poke wrote:

Please quit mischaracterizing my position. Wyoming needed and deserved a better hire at this critical junction. This isn't a knock at Bohl by any means, but is one on Burman.
I was making a generalization, not any individual poster's stance. For the record I'm not a Burman fan either. He's done some good things, but he's also had some major missteps. This hire looks great on paper, and if the rumors floating around about the contract they gave him are true Burman truly gave everything he could to get Bohl here. This is absolutely a make or break hire, and Burman will be run out of town if it fails.
Last edited by WYO1016 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Brew_Poke wrote:

Yeah they dont get it.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:

I was making a generalization, not any individual poster. For the record I'm not a Burman fan either. He's done some good things, but he's also had some major missteps. This hire looks great on paper, and if the rumors floating around about the contract they gave him are true Burman truly gave everything he could to get Bohl here. This is absolutely a make or break hire, and Burman will be run out of town if it fails.
this wasnt just a make or break hire for burman it was one for the whole university. Bohl may work out but right now m underwhelmed when we needed a grand slam hire. Weare getting left behind even in our own conference. We needed a chris petersen like hire and im not sold that this was it
Cowduck
Cowpoke

The people who are complaining are literally only saying "Glenn failed and therefore Bohl will."

This. Is. A. Terrible. Argument.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

HR_Poke wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:

I was making a generalization, not any individual poster. For the record I'm not a Burman fan either. He's done some good things, but he's also had some major missteps. This hire looks great on paper, and if the rumors floating around about the contract they gave him are true Burman truly gave everything he could to get Bohl here. This is absolutely a make or break hire, and Burman will be run out of town if it fails.
this wasnt just a make or break hire for burman it was one for the whole university. Bohl may work out but right now m underwhelmed when we needed a grand slam hire. Weare getting left behind even in our own conference. We needed a chris petersen like hire and im not sold that this was it
Nor am I, but it is promising. We could have hired Stu Pidasso and paid him $50K a year, but our AD stuck his neck out and put his own job on the line for this hire. He made the investment for the school and for us, so I'm going to continue to support my alma mater and stand behind the program.
CNPOKE
Buckaroo

Yep and as I have said the bitchers cannot name one candidate that was legit who Burman should have hired instead! He obviously went after Tedford in the beginning. This was a great hire!!

Go Pokes
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke

Cowduck wrote:The people who are complaining are literally only saying "Glenn failed and therefore Bohl will."

Yeah continued dismissive attitudes and mischaracterization of others' arguments will really help elevate the dialog here. :thumbdown:
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:

Nor am I, but it is promising. We could have hired Stu Pidasso and paid him $50K a year, but our AD stuck his neck out and put his own job on the line for this hire. He made the investment for the school and for us, so I'm going to continue to support my alma mater and stand behind the program.
Tedford would have been less of a risk.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Brew_Poke wrote:
Cowduck wrote:The people who are complaining are literally only saying "Glenn failed and therefore Bohl will."

Yeah continued dismissive attitudes and mischaracterization of others' arguments will really help elevate the dialog here. :thumbdown:
Ok, then further explain your position.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

I too wanted Tedford but will jump on the Bohl bandwagon and hope he can lead the pokes to our first MWC Championship! It is a good day to be a Wyoming fan as a new chapter and hopefully a great one will begin.....for those disappointed here is the link to what the NDSU folks are going through......they don't think it was a move up.....we'll see! :coffee:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthr ... to-Wyoming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

Wyoming seriously couldn't have made a better hire imo. Bohl was always my #1 guy but thought it was a pipe dream. Tedford is great but I love the Bohl's style all-around. He is the perfect type of coach for my preference. He is basically not only a home-run hire to me but close to a grand slam.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke

Cowduck wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:

Uh, no. You've soured the conversation here, and my point of view has been expressed several times on the board.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Cowduck wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:

He is a risky candidate like the last two coaches as he doesnt have fbs hc experience. At this point after 20 odd years of mediocre
Football at a time when the landscape is leaving us in the dust isnt the best time to gamble on someone like bohl.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I just want names from the naysayers of who they think we should have hired and WERE INTERESTED:

Please, name our better options.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Thought experiment: if you flip flopped Bohl's NDSU tenure and his Nebraska tenure chronologically, would that change anyone's opinion?