So did Brett not get a combine invite?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

i know herron and huff did.....but i haven't heard a thing about brett
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:i know herron and huff did.....but i haven't heard a thing about brett
I don't think that list is even out yet
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Combine isn't until April. There's plenty of time for them to get the invites sent out.

EDIT: I was way off. Combine starts mid-February. I'd expect to hear something soon.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:Combine isn't until April. There's plenty of time for them to get the invites sent out.

EDIT: I was way off. Combine starts mid-February. I'd expect to hear something soon.
Eh, late February
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Combine isn't until April. There's plenty of time for them to get the invites sent out.

Eh, late February
sooo....just a few weeks away?

http://wap.rivals.com/message2.asp?SID= ... 5&Team=241" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://inagist.com/all/426768893642678272/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

those are both 6 days ago....haven't heard a thing about brett
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

I wish Brett Smith the best, but I thought his decision to declare for the draft was a bad idea from the start and felt that he better be sure that he could go in rounds 2-4 to make it worth his while, and despite what his "people" told him, I was always skeptical that he could right now. Anything lower and I felt that he could've been able to improve his draft stock by coming back for 1 more year at Wyoming. Every mock draft I've seen just keeps predicting him lower and lower. In this one from earlier this week:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1936 ... wl/page/37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herron has nearly passed him, they are both projected in the 5th round. And this isn't an example of a writer being a hater either, because just a month ago he wrote about how Smith could go round 2. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1902 ... now/page/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And if he doesn't even get an invite to the combine. . .well, I'm thinking he probably shouldn't have declared this offseason.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Really concerned with no combine invite.....wish the kid the best and I hope he surprises people.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

At this rate is he going to be lucky to be picked up as an undrafted free agent. His dad should have convinced him to stay another year.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

HR_Poke wrote:At this rate is he going to be lucky to be picked up as an undrafted free agent. His dad should have convinced him to stay another year.
Sad turning of events. I wished he would have stayed as well, but honestly, would he have flourished in the 3 yards and a cloud offense coming to campus next fall? I think probably not.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

"three yards and a cloud of dust".........this sounds familiar to another coach from a few years back....I think this was a good hire but a little concerned
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I don't think we know that he isn't invited to the combine. I would be shocked if he wasn't. He is always easily in the top 10 qb's listed in the draft. there are more than 10 qbs at the combine. The NFL hasn't released their list of attendees yet.
I don't know where he will be drafted but I think its funny that mock drafts can change so much when nothing has happened. One guy has him in the 2nd round then a month later 5th or later when nothing has gone on between there but the senior bowl where he obviously didn't play. He hasn't worked out for any teams yet or anything. My guess is he will go to the combine and depending on his performance go somewhere from 2-5 rounds. My money on 3rd or 4th.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:At this rate is he going to be lucky to be picked up as an undrafted free agent. His dad should have convinced him to stay another year.
Sad turning of events. I wished he would have stayed as well, but honestly, would he have flourished in the 3 yards and a cloud offense coming to campus next fall? I think probably not.
His stats might have gone down but I think he would have benefited more by staying and learning a better system that the pro's use. I though Bohl said he wasn't doing the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense. He said it was counterproductive
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

HR_Poke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
His stats might have gone down but I think he would have benefited more by staying and learning a better system that the pro's use. I though Bohl said he wasn't doing the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offense. He said it was counterproductive
Not sure. He likes to control the clock, and the line of scrimmage though.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BJC wrote:"three yards and a cloud of dust".........this sounds familiar to another coach from a few years back....I think this was a good hire but a little concerned
Easiest to do (teach, be successful at, etc.), when you don't have all the parts in place.

I think we will see it more than not.
Dear Karma,

HR_Poke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Not sure. He likes to control the clock, and the line of scrimmage though.
You can do that in a West Coast passing offense too.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

Bretts a hell of a kid. Beaverface said I was full of poop on another post regarding Bretts declaration for the draft.
So, here we are a couple weeks out and no takers on rounds 1-4; he may get a look in round 5 and he may be undrafted and attend a couple try outs. This was a bad move on Smiths part, and a dream can easily become a nightmare. For Smitty's case I hope not and for Beaver- oh well keep spewing your love of yourself and completely flawed insight into anything athletic. You're all you got bud.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

It is hard for me to believe that he doesn't have a plan of some sort. You would think that a kid who was a staple of the Manning Camp two years in a row would have more interest. Hmmmm I don't know what to think about this one?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think it's too early to say it was a good decision or a bad decision. Give it some time we don't know anything yet.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Brett smith is still getting some buzz.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/19 ... dar/page/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Peyton Manning is keeping Brett on QT so that he becomes a Bronco!