Schedule's Out

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Mr. T, you better be in Wyoming gear, or else you'll get dressed up in navy blue, sheep green, white, and yellow with a couger mascot head with sheep horns attatched.
I will be in brown and gold. I, however, cannot guarantee that my friends will be dressed in brown and gold, as they are Montana guys.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
Scheduling around elk-season? Or getting the majority of the games in the fall when the weather is nice and Laramie is a desirable place to come to?
Or both?
Wyo should realistically schedule the majority of their home games in the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season.
I was mainly referring to only 2 home games in approximately 2 months.

Looking at it though, it really is only a couple of games between each home game. Not too bad. The bye stretches the time out. It just seemed like a long stretch of only 2 home games in 2 months
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Scheduling around elk-season? Or getting the majority of the games in the fall when the weather is nice and Laramie is a desirable place to come to?
Or both?
Wyo should realistically schedule the majority of their home games in the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season.
I was mainly referring to only 2 home games in approximately 2 months.

Looking at it though, it really is only a couple of games between each home game. Not too bad. The bye stretches the time out. It just seemed like a long stretch of only 2 home games in 2 months
Hopefully, after that long stretch, Pokes fans will be jonesin' to go to War Memorial. Maybe bigger crowds?

Provided that the product on the field has improved...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Well boys, I'm pretty confident that the product on the field won't be worse than the DC era. Worst coach next to Koenning in 40 years. But I am less sure about the improvement in quality translating to wins next year. Toughest schedule we've had since the MWC lost all the big dogs..Our defense might improve-but I dont know about the offensive line. ...we just need to be patient again-and know that whatever team we see next year is still partly influenced by to DC. Hope that his time in Utah is everything he and the Utes deserve.
I'm glad we are playing Montana.Hope that becomes a fixture in the schedule.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

The only thing that makes our schedule different from years past is the extra BCS game. However, the two other OOC opponents don't seem to be a strong as other non-bcs opponents in the past.

I think next years team will be better based on coaching alone. Add in a much stronger off season conditioning program and a Cowboy Tough mentality, and I see us winning at least two more games next year......same with the past two coaching changes.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WyoAlum1987 wrote:Well boys, I'm pretty confident that the product on the field won't be worse than the DC era. Worst coach next to Koenning in 40 years.
Hahaha, oh my god, are you being serious?

We went to 2 bowl games in 5 seasons.
If this was Texas, we could say that he is among the worst, but guess what? We are WYOMING.
2 bowls in 5 years is almost the best we have done in 40 years!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
WyoAlum1987 wrote:Well boys, I'm pretty confident that the product on the field won't be worse than the DC era. Worst coach next to Koenning in 40 years.

If this was Texas, we could say that he is among the worst, but guess what? We are WYOMING.
The best we ever did in the past 40 years was from 1987-90 under Paul Roach...

3 bowl appearances in 4 years, two outright WAC Championships in a row, beat the Unnamed Ones in Provo, embarrassed the same school on national T.V. a year later on ESPN, AND was ranked #10 for 2 weeks in 1988.

Plus we had the best looking uniforms and helmets we ever had.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Mr. T, you better be in Wyoming gear, or else you'll get dressed up in navy blue, sheep green, white, and yellow with a couger mascot head with sheep horns attatched.
I will be in brown and gold. I, however, cannot guarantee that my friends will be dressed in brown and gold, as they are Montana guys.
If you're friends don't show up in at least a Wyoming cap, you still get that costume.
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Beaver,
Its cute how your man crush on DC still comes out from time to time.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

3 bowl appearances in 4 years, two outright WAC Championships in a row, beat the Unnamed Ones in Provo, embarrassed the same school on national T.V. a year later on ESPN, AND was ranked #10 for 2 weeks in 1988.

Notice I didn't say DCs 5 years was our best.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WyoAlum1987 wrote:Beaver,
Its cute how your man crush on DC still comes out from time to time.
Lol are you serious?

I am stoked he is gone, just because I unfortunately proved you wrong, you think I am defending DC?

No, I am pointing out we suck, and DCs tenure wasn't as bad as you would like to think.
Did it suck? Yeah, but what Wyo coach doesn't?
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Best in 40 years? Lay off the whohitjohn Beav...Only 3 coaches in the last 40 years have a worse W/L percentage than DC.
Koening, Glenn and Lewis.
Glenn is .425 to DC's .44-but Glenn played against MUCH tougher competition. Besides that, Glenn forged a connection between the team and the state. DC never did like us all that much, and it showed. DC got embarrassed in the New Mexico Bowl-actually anyone who plays in the New Mexico Bowl should be embarrassed, but thats another story...Glenn>DC.
Lewis coached in the late 70's and had a much worse W-L than DC. His OOC games were Michigan State, Washington, Arizona, LSU-you get the idea. He was no gem, and Pat Dye made us forget all about him. But he was better than DC. So yeah, DC is the worst in 40 years, hell, I'd even go 50-with the exception of Koenning-who was a nice kid, just out of his depth.
Sorta like you in this conversation Beav...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

And all I'm saying is that we had FAR FAR FAR better than CDC! Roach gave a damned about Wyoming. CDC didn't and it showed.

Still feel bad for Glenn but......

Koenning had NO business whatsoever being a HC.

As for Dimel...well...he screwed over everyone that one night after hours at a bar in Laramie screwing a waitress on a pool table.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Glenn liked it here and was a great guy, and Breske was pretty damn good as a DC depsite his limited talent, but Glenn was just not a FBS HC material. But I will always respect him. DC, well, he had an eye for QBs and the occassional skill player, but damn. Just, damn.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

And all I'm saying is that we had FAR FAR FAR better than CDC! Roach gave a damned about Wyoming. CDC didn't and it showed.

Still feel bad for Glenn but......

Koenning had NO business whatsoever being a HC.

As for Dimel...well...he screwed over everyone that one night after hours at a bar in Laramie screwing a waitress on a pool table.
Nobody should feel bad for Glenn......and I'm confused how Dimel nailing a chick on a pool table screwed us over?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BJC wrote:
Wyokie wrote:As for Dimel...well...he screwed over everyone that one night after hours at a bar in Laramie screwing a waitress on a pool table.
Nobody should feel bad for Glenn......and I'm confused how Dimel nailing a chick on a pool table screwed us over?
It was symbolic of what he and Lee Moon, Sr. would eventually do to our football program.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I would argue Dimel wasnt that bad...other than leaving without addressing team but whatever. I actually think his replacement ...running people off....etc caused the majority of the issues.

People say Dimel had poor recruiting......he brought in some decent talent....a lot of which was run off. I never understood the hatred...although I was only there for less than a year of him. Whiskey bottles, old men with their grandchildren swearing at him......

Liked it that our fanbase was so passionate though! :twocents: