Muojeke it is called DEFENSE

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyNative
Ranch Hand

I sat and watched four times while his man went straight to the basket for a layup while Muojeke stood there with his finger in his ass totally confused. Twice Ogirri or Davis had to leave their man wide open to cover Muojeke's man. Is this guy to stupid to play defense or what??
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

And did you notice the opening tipoff? Waddell controlled it and Ogirri stood flatfooted while a NM player stepped in front of him to pick it off.
WyNative
Ranch Hand

HUH!!!!!!! the idiot doesn't play defense he's here for his 15 second ESPN highlight and thats it.
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

you are speaking of the MWC FOY. Schroyer is more than happy with everything he does so you should watch it fella... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 57 times

Freshman of the year can be a very misleading award. If a guy comes into a young team, he has a much bigger chance of seeing significant playing time and playing a much larger role on the team than if he comes into a team filled with upperclassmen. I've always been a bit skeptical of the FOY being on a lower level team. It usually means there wasn't a whole lot of talent on the team, so the freshman got the chance to contribute a lot. There might be better freshman on the other teams in this league right now. They just might be trapped behind a bit more depth and talent than what we have. I like the looks of Afam, but his defense does need to impove significantly if he wants to be a true force in this league. Honestly, does Afam see the floor much this year is he plays for SDSU? I don't know. I don't mean to take away from his award. I'm more than glad to have the FOY. He has a lot of room for improvement though.
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

I am just being sarcastic...You are 100% correct.

Afam will have trouble next year if he doesn't work on his understanding because no matter what we think he is not the focus of defenses this year but will be next season.

Next year he will be expected to be "that guy" and I truly hope he has what it takes..because this year he is closer to 100 in turnovers than he is in assists..
WyNative
Ranch Hand

PL_Julian wrote:you are speaking of the MWC FOY. Schroyer is more than happy with everything he does so you should watch it fella... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know but it pisses me off to watch guys bust their ass and two guys (Ogirri is just as bad) playing only one end looking for the 15 second ESPN highlight. I wish Schroyer all the luck in the world and hope he succeeds here but I can't stand the son of a bitch. I would much rather dislike a fella and have a winning team than a Joe Glenn who I really liked but can't win.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I know Moujeke has some work to do, but you guys aren't giving him enough credit. The dude shut down Dandridge last night, and held Cummard to a terrible shooting night. Cummard got his points, but a lot were at the line late and he also had some wide open looks when the Poke were pressing.

He has been improving immensely on D, and I think the guy is going to have a great career at UW. Moujeke can flat out play, and with three more years he will definitely go down as one of the better players to wear the brown and gold.
sharpshooter
Buckaroo

Pretty funny about defense and other things.
Yes Muojeke has been a liability on defense, but if anyone is going to question Sean Ogirri's defense the second half of the year then your crazy....He fights through screens and he basically locked down Toppert who was the main reason we lost in the PIT....

I think however with Ewing and Sean playing tough D that it takes a lot of energy out of them to take their normal shots from deep. Ogirri is a shooter and he's not waiting for his 15 second highlight, unless it's a football pass to Thiam for the biggest play of the game....

We need a better press breaker when we go up in this game and hopefully the refs won't give Nevill any calls tonight...it's going to be tough but seriously tivo these games and watch them again because a lot gets lost when you watch it the first time around....

Go Pokes
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

persoanlly i think Afam and Sean have both really been digging down in the defensive end lately and I also think some of the early problems with defense weren't all on the individual players as much as it was on the scheme Schroyer was trying to run.

in the beginning he had the perimeter players switching on screens but not the bigs so with driblle penetration the bigs didn't get into help potition.When everybody switched everything they defense was better.

Now earlier on ogirri didn't fight over picks and gave up alot of open looks that hurt and afam wouldn't fight through a pick at all..ogirri has gotten much much better with his effort and afam has done better but still has his moments like NM on senior day.he is a freshie and will learn

he also has played quite a bit of zone against teams with good shooters and they knocked down shots...everybody knows not to zone shooters but anyway.

in the 2 Utah games he tried to double down to help on neville which IMO is a mistake.neville won'tbeat us by himself but we need to make him catch up the block instead of deep and don't double because he can see the floor and pass out of that to open trey ball shooters.

lastly we have a very short bench of productive players especially at the one and two and although we may like to see up your ass intensive pressure they have to be careful and not get in foul trouble..if ewing fouls out being the only pg we are finished so i woild rather him back off instead of taking chances. Same goes for ogirri..

overall i think everybody has played better defense
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Speaking of Moujeke and defense, how sweet was that rejection on the three ball late in the game by Martinez or Toppert? He was a little out of position, but hustled back, swatted it, and damn near saved it. That play alone shows me how much he has improved over the course of the year.
WyNative
Ranch Hand

PokeNer wrote:Speaking of Moujeke and defense, how sweet was that rejection on the three ball late in the game by Martinez or Toppert? He was a little out of position, but hustled back, swatted it, and damn near saved it. That play alone shows me how much he has improved over the course of the year.
I just finished watching the rerun on CBS-C don't have the MTN. A little different than before hopefully UTAH is all spent from their game with TCU and we could sneak another win in then play BYU and whop their ass. I am sure Brandon has thought of that senerio.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 57 times

BYU isn't going anywhere. This is their last night in Vegas. SDSU is going to put it on them. Paying back SDSU for 2006 would be a very sweet feeling.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

TheRealUW wrote:BYU isn't going anywhere. This is their last night in Vegas. SDSU is going to put it on them. Paying back SDSU for 2006 would be a very sweet feeling.
You got it Real...eff BYU...and let's pay back the spaztecs!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...