Cowboys to host New Mexico, let's sellout the AA!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

http://www.wyonation.com/2015/01/cowboy ... ellout-aa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UW is making a huge push this weekend to sell out the AA. The weather is good (so far), the team is good, and UW is going to put on quite an event for this game. I suggest if you're in the area and want a weekend road trip, this is the weekend to do it! Go Pokes!
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

To add to that....3-Star CB Donzale Roddie (offers from Utah, Colorado, Boise State, Washington State to name a few) will likely be in attendance. Would be nice to impress on a rare trip from a solid recruit.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

count me in!!!!!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

There are only 25 seats left in the lower bowl for Saturday!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:There are only 25 seats left in the lower bowl for Saturday!
Sad part about that...it includes the season ticket holders that regularly don't show. The high dollar sum-bitches that bought tickets just to buy tickets (based on their priority point level) whether they wanted them or not, whether they use them or not. So although it will be technically sold out, it won't be full. I hate that.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:There are only 25 seats left in the lower bowl for Saturday!
Sad part about that...it includes the season ticket holders that regularly don't show. The high dollar sum-bitches that bought tickets just to buy tickets (based on their priority point level) whether they wanted them or not, whether they use them or not. So although it will be technically sold out, it won't be full. I hate that.
Agreed. Main reason for posting was to let folks on here know so they can buy their tickets before they are gone. One of the upper sections sold out too. I assume someone is bringing a big kids group to the game.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Agreed. Main reason for posting was to let folks on here know so they can buy their tickets before they are gone. One of the upper sections sold out too. I assume someone is bringing a big kids group to the game.

I was just going to ask about the upper deck...I mean it's great that there are 43 tickets left down below, but the upper deck has been as bare as my gf in college all season.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Only 10 tickets left now in the lower level.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Thanks for posting that link. Wow, those are hefty ticket prices. No wonder people don't go...awful pricey imho. Burman....smh
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

$38 for a lower bowl ticket.

I am kind of mixed about that. I buy season tickets, so I don't pay that much attention to single game ticket costs.

I think, Wyoming fans will get treated to a helluva game Saturday, and a Cowboy win...over what is usually a top ranked MWC team. To me, it would be worth paying that price. To others, there is the upper sections...which are roughly the cost of going to a movie.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:$38 for a lower bowl ticket.

I am kind of mixed about that. I buy season tickets, so I don't pay that much attention to single game ticket costs.

I think, Wyoming fans will get treated to a helluva game Saturday, and a Cowboy win...over what is usually a top ranked MWC team. To me, it would be worth paying that price. To others, there is the upper sections...which are roughly the cost of going to a movie.

yeah, I agree with your post. I would pay the lower bowl tickets too...and if I lived in Wyo I would just have season tickets. I just wish the upper seats were a little cheaper so families in laramie could go. I am no accountant/business man so i could be wrong, but $10 seats in the nosebleeds seems a little easier to swallow. Think about a family of 5 wanting to go to a game...100$ vs 50$ with the game on tv? Which is another thing...we should black out locally in my opinion.

EDIT*** OK I just realized there are $12 tickets. Should have looked closer. ignore me.

It's gonna be a great game and i hope we pack that place.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 250 times

Dutchnation wrote:

yeah, I agree with your post. I would pay the lower bowl tickets too...and if I lived in Wyo I would just have season tickets. I just wish the upper seats were a little cheaper so families in laramie could go. I am no accountant/business man so i could be wrong, but $10 seats in the nosebleeds seems a little easier to swallow. Think about a family of 5 wanting to go to a game...100$ vs 50$ with the game on tv? Which is another thing...we should black out locally in my opinion.

EDIT*** OK I just realized there are $12 tickets. Should have looked closer. ignore me.

The way I see it is it's worth it to get more people in the arena with lower ticket prices. A portion of the lost ticket revenue will be made up up through concessions, merchandise sales, parking and programs sales due to the increased number of fans at the games. The athletic department might not maximize revenue in the short-term, but in the long haul I think it would make the a.d. money by building goodwill with the fanbase and growing support for the program and university. :twocents:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I hope to make it, all things considered.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

UW giving away 5 iPads and 2- 42" TVs at the game!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

The one positive thing I can say about CSU is their ticket prices. I believe I paid $10 a ticket for tickets at Moby for the Border War.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The lower bowl is down to a couple of single seats. I've never sat in the upper bowl and am not going to start now. Does anyone have any lower bowl tickets they want to get rid of? I'm willing to pay 10 over face value for good seats.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote:
Dutchnation wrote:

The way I see it is it's worth it to get more people in the arena with lower ticket prices. A portion of the lost ticket revenue will be made up up through concessions, merchandise sales, parking and programs sales due to the increased number of fans at the games. The athletic department might not maximize revenue in the short-term, but in the long haul I think it would make the a.d. money by building goodwill with the fanbase and growing support for the program and university. :twocents:
kinda what i was getting at, just not as eloquently.

Looking forward to this game. And if it is getting the butts the website is claiming then it will be LOUD and a tough place for the the lobos to play.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

It's going to be loud, without a doubt, but the question is, how close does the lower bowl get to actually filling up?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

And....the lower bowl is sold out