Devin Moore

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

OK, so were just 4 games in, and Wyoming has not even played a conference game yet, but this kid has to be a front runner at this point for MWC offensive MVP. He is on pace for 1400 yards, and that splitting carries right down the middle with Seldon, who is on pace for nearly 800. He nearly single handedly accounted for our entire offense against Ohio and the 34 points it took to win it. Any thoughts on who else in this conference is a front runner at this point? Max Hall looks good, but I'd say not at Moore's level. Shaun Carney? Donovan Porterie looks real sharp. I'd say at this point him and Moore are the two best offensive players in this conference.
MWC 1/3 1st team:
QB- D. Porterie (UNM)
QB- M. Hall (BYU)
RB- D. Moore (WYO)
RB- R. Ferguson (UNM)
WR- B. Swain (SDSU)
WR- M. Smith (UNM)
WR- G. Bolling (WYO)

p.s Check out the stats for the MWC!
Wyoming=
2nd Rush offense
1st Rush Defense and total defense. We are allowing 2.0 YARDS A CARRY! Next is UNM at 3.2! And we are allowing almost 100 yards a game total D less then number 2! D. Moore is 2nd in rushing but is averaging 6.8 yrds a carry to Ferguson's 4.6. Wow. The stats dont lie. We are last in categories such as QB sacks allowed, turnover margin, kick return yards allowed. Clean these areas up, and settle Sween in, and things could look really nice come December!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

First of all, Moore is, no question, one of the top MWC players. But, on the other hand, stats CAN lie. For example, a high batting average in baseball, does not directly correlate with high value to the team. It is when the hits come that are important, how the player reacts to clutch situations, and other things that aren't normally quantified, that often count. Luckily, Devin seems to have the intangibles qualitiy on his side.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Coach Cochill is an idiot, why would you give seldon more carries then Moore when Moore is doubling Sledon up in yards every game.......200 rushing yards on only 19 carries. Give him the ball!!!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I agree, give him the ball. I don't want to take ANYTHING away from Seldon, because we absolutely need him this year to get us over the hump, plus he had some crucial big runs for us in the game. He provides a different look, and allows D Moore to catch his breath. After last week, I am scared to see us drop back to throw at any time, we might need to get a third running back in the backfield. :) Anyway, Moore & Seldon put the offense on their back and got us another W.

GO POKES!!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think the run game is perfect pound seldon twice then hand to devin the D cant react to the speed Ligthning and Thunder Thunder and Lightning wow they're kicking a** i wish devin would score more but 3 yards and in is thunder time
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I'm in agreement here. Our O did awesome, with the exception of the turnovers. 441 yards of total Off. Good. Cockhill cannot change the turnovers, that's the players.
And Seldon and Moore are pretty even in rushing. Give them both the ball close to or equal amount of times. And the passing scheme was great, we just didn't execute and turned the ball over. Ohion new we would run. and so we tried spreading the defense to open up more holes for Seldon and Moore.
This is just Sweens soph year. He'll turn it around. Besides I think it really helped motivate him when he threw the TD pass that won the game.
Go Pokes. Good game Offense.
And my hats off to Cockhill for calling a good Offensive game.
Go Pokes. Figure out a way to beat TCU.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:I'm in agreement here. Our O did awesome, with the exception of the turnovers. 441 yards of total Off. Good. Cockhill cannot change the turnovers, that's the players.
And Seldon and Moore are pretty even in rushing. Give them both the ball close to or equal amount of times. And the passing scheme was great, we just didn't execute and turned the ball over. Ohion new we would run. and so we tried spreading the defense to open up more holes for Seldon and Moore.
This is just Sweens soph year. He'll turn it around. Besides I think it really helped motivate him when he threw the TD pass that won the game.
Go Pokes. Good game Offense.
And my hats off to Cockhill for calling a good Offensive game.
Go Pokes. Figure out a way to beat TCU.

You know what, yo are right, my post was a reaction to being SO frustrated watching us continuously give the ball back to the Bobcats. I hope you are right that Sween will be motivated by the dramatic 4th down winning pass. He is just a soph, but he is our starter, and needs to step up. BTW, that pass that Hetrick threw might possibly be THE WORST THROW I have EVER seen. Watch the replay, it is scary how bad a decision that was. I still disagree that Cockhill "called a good game". Yes, it is true that the players turn the ball over, but some of those plays should not have been called to put them in the situation. I still say hats off to Thunder and Lightning, and one of the best Defenses we have ever had.

GO POKES!!