Some one please get this Douch Bag a towel to cry on

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/ ... /24820397/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Jesus that guy is as whiny as that joke of a coach they have. Maybe beat one team on the road that matters, then cry.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

This actually should be good for CSU. They will play (probably) a lot more games in the NIT than they would have in the Big Dance. They might even win it. Which is better: Win the NIT or one-and-done in the NCAA?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:This actually should be good for CSU. They will play (probably) a lot more games in the NIT than they would have in the Big Dance. They might even win it. Which is better: Win the NIT or one-and-done in the NCAA?
One and done in the NCAA. Recruits don't care about the NIT. They want NCAA appearances
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 155 times

So, CSU is the first MW team with 27 wins to get snubbed. If I recall, only one team with at least 25 wins had been left out. I can't remember which thread it was but someone had good info on that
W-Y, Until I Die!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Good story about RPI manipulation though:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/ ... /24829067/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

The only thing that made the fact Wyoming got into the tournament was that CSEwe did not. I love it!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

just when i feel they got shafted(which they "kinda" did) then I see this guy and he gets my blood boilin and then I decide Naaaa let them wallow in the NIT glory...lol
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Hopefully Shyatt takes notice too.

The RPI and wins don't really matter all that much.

We need to go out on the road next year and beat some quality teams. Simple as that. Don't tell me that Montana is quality. IDC what the rpi of Montana is. No one got in the dance because of a win against Montana (besides beating Montana in the Big Sky Championship).

We have got to go on the road and pick up some wins. Over REAL teams. Let's call Kansas. And K-State. Simple as that.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Hopefully Shyatt takes notice too.

We need to go out on the road next year and beat some quality teams. Simple as that. Don't tell me that Montana is quality. IDC what the rpi of Montana is. No one got in the dance because of a win against Montana (besides beating Montana in the Big Sky Championship).

We have got to go on the road and pick up some wins. Over REAL teams. Let's call Kansas. And K-State. Simple as that.
Doesn't even have to be teams like Kansas or K-State. Why are we not calling Nebraska, Wichita State, Iowa State, Iowa, VCU, Richmond, some of the UC schools. There is no reason we can't play some of these other mid major teams that have had recent success. Especially the school close, why are we not doing a Midwest tour every year. I am at work and don't have the ability to access the numbers, but I would bet my paycheck that you switch out Stetson and Southern with teams like the Bugeaters and The Shockers and we would have a much more significant RPI, BPI, and SOS. There are teams that can benefit us without guaranteeing a butt whipping.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We assume of course the ad has not attempted to schedule these teams.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:

Doesn't even have to be teams like Kansas or K-State. Why are we not calling Nebraska, Wichita State, Iowa State, Iowa, VCU, Richmond, some of the UC schools. There is no reason we can't play some of these other mid major teams that have had recent success. Especially the school close, why are we not doing a Midwest tour every year. I am at work and don't have the ability to access the numbers, but I would bet my paycheck that you switch out Stetson and Southern with teams like the Bugeaters and The Shockers and we would have a much more significant RPI, BPI, and SOS. There are teams that can benefit us without guaranteeing a butt whipping.
It's about time, makes for better bball watching, it's more what the fans want not numbers
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I do want to note that Shyatt said he wants to schedule harder.

His first year back was scheduling patsies just so the the team got confidence.
Remember when we went back to back seasons with 10 wins? That's why Shyatt scheduled easy.
Year 2 we scheduled decent, with Illinois State and SMU. "I'm a grown ass man"-Leonard Washington.
Year 3 we played at Ohio State and at CU, and had SMU again, this time at home. Lost all 3.
Year 4 we hoped some regional teams would be good. CU, Denver, Montana State, etc. but also had to worry about Nance being ready for game 1.

Year 5. Next year. We may be the hot team that people want to schedule. We may not be. This next week will let us know.
But regardless, we must take the best game we can get. We need to go out on the road.
Who cares if we lose some games? We have confidence. The MWC is fearful that Shyatt has finally turned the corner at Wyo. We will win some conference games. We will have Josh Adams as a senior.

So, why don't we schedule some hard games. Worst case scenario? We lose games in a rebuilding year, and we let Josh Adams show how skilled and talented he is to NBA scouts as he puts up 20+ ppg.
Best case scenario? We lose 5 seniors and the MWC poop themselves because we are playing just as well as this year.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The main reason is that those teams will not return the game in Laramie. At some point we will have to play some road money games like the Ohio st. game last year, but it would be bad form for a MWC team to do that at a MVC or A-10 school. We can play at a Big 12 school though.

I have been one of the more critical posters regarding the schedule, but I know that if Shyatt could have gotten those types of teams to Laramie he would have done so.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote:

The main reason is that those teams will not return the game in Laramie. At some point we will have to play some road money games like the Ohio st. game last year, but it would be bad form for a MWC team to do that at a MVC or A-10 school. We can play at a Big 12 school though.

I have been one of the more critical posters regarding the schedule, but I know that if Shyatt could have gotten those types of teams to Laramie he would have done so.
I am ok with that. If we need to go out on the road to earn our place, earn our respect, SO BE IT. I would far rather go play Wichita State and maybe lose a close game, but gain the RPI, SOS, BPI, and experience boosts than to play and blow out Stetson at home and watch all of those fall. That is just me.