Weber Faithful Penciling Win..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I was at the ND State game. They whipped our ass on the both sides of the ball. For some reason the receivers decided to drop every ball in the 2nd half and we got a couple lucky turnovers. I felt sorry for that ND st. QB, he was on the money and they kept dropping key 1st downs. We actually won a game where we weren't the better team and Jake Scott actually made a field goal! It was bizzaro world that day.
I'm good for 3!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Its ridiculous for either side to pencil in a win right now. For starters, War Memorial is a tough place to win, regardless whether the Pokes are good or not. So its tough for Weber fans to realistically predict an easy win or any win at all. But on the other hand, Wyoming is going into a uncharted territory with CDC's new offense. The offense was not up to snuff at all at the end of spring, the inconsistency of the offense is all Weber needs to gain confidence in order to win the ball game. Inconsistency with offenses like this normally results in lots of TO's, so I think its hard for either Wyoming fans or WSU fans to say this game in the bag. Not saying you are all guaranteeing a win, I know one poster here is thinking it though ;)

But for Wyoming's sake, I hope they pound WSU. Cause if they don't....things could get chaotic against Texas.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

Cornpoke wrote:I was at the ND State game. They whipped our ass on the both sides of the ball. For some reason the receivers decided to drop every ball in the 2nd half and we got a couple lucky turnovers. I felt sorry for that ND st. QB, he was on the money and they kept dropping key 1st downs. We actually won a game where we weren't the better team and Jake Scott actually made a field goal! It was bizzaro world that day.
Accurate assessment. ^^^

This is BYU Lite Lite though, serious business.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=37636

Apparently a couple of the resident dipwads on eGriz think a Weber win is imminent.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=37636

Apparently a couple of the resident dipwads on eGriz think a Weber win is imminent.
A couple of buddies of mine from Hawaii thinks Weber could beat Wyoming. Yeah, right! And I'll be dating a adult tv by then as well. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I don't think anyone can honestly say that we should be guaranteeing the Weber St game as a win. It was pretty obvious that a FCS school can come in to Laramie and compete (as NDSU showed last year, and they ended up being a pretty lousy FCS team).

Do I think we lose to Weber - No, but after the close call last year, I won't be expecting an easy victory either.

J-Rod said that the offense wasn't up to snuff after the end of spring, which isn't entirely true. Yes, at the spring game the offense was pretty pathetic, mainly due to the receivers un-ability to catch the football. But at the same time, it was probably one of the nastiest days you could imagine to play football outdoors - freezing temps and consistent 40 mph winds. However, during the course of spring practice, the offense showed signs of life and often beat the D, which hasn't happened in several years. We were also without one of our better receivers throughout spring (Bolling).

I believe DC will have the O playing much better than the last few years and the D should be on par with the previous seasons, which to me, means a pretty drastic improvement overall. I think we beat Weber by 14 and play Texas a lot closer than the pundits expect. As long as DC can score a few more points and more importantly, hang on to the f-in football, then we should be alright.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyokie wrote:

A couple of buddies of mine from Hawaii thinks Weber could beat Wyoming. Yeah, right! And I'll be dating a adult tv by then as well. :roll:
That's because Weber damn near kicked Hawaii in the teeth last year.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

PokeNer wrote:I don't think anyone can honestly say that we should be guaranteeing the Weber St game as a win. It was pretty obvious that a FCS school can come in to Laramie and compete (as NDSU showed last year, and they ended up being a pretty lousy FCS team).
NDSU wasn't a lousy team until they were done in Laramie. The Cowboy defense hurt quite a few Bison for an extended period of time, which hurt them down the road.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

PERCISELY!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The question is, can one of the highest rated teams in the bowl series (Weber State in preseason top 10) match up with one of the lower rated teams in Division I ? Well, obviously yes. Look at what App. State did to Mich. last year. Go through the records back to 1945 and see how close some of the games the Pokes played against Div II were.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:
Hawaii beat Weber State by 19 despite losing nearly everything, from Brennan to Bess to Jones....everything! Yet the game was not even a contest. Take it from someone who actually watched the game, if Greg McMackin had not called off the dogs UH would have won by 40+ points. 2 Weeks later Weber State played Utah better then they did against Hawaii. :roll:

Probably should make it a different thread, but anyone got any predictions for the WSU game? I think one fall camp is not long enough for either Wyoming or WSU to get their offenses up to par(WSU is breaking in a new OC). I think UW's defense will over power the lack of offense UW will have early on.

Weber State - 13
Wyoming - 20
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Hawaii beat Weber State by 19 despite losing nearly everything, from Brennan to Bess to Jones....everything! Yet the game was not even a contest. Take it from someone who actually watched the game, if Greg McMackin had not called off the dogs UH would have won by 40+ points. 2 Weeks later Weber State played Utah better then they did against Hawaii. :roll:
Hawaii was down 17-7 at the half. Not exactly calling off the dogs.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
They have selective memoies. Remember, they think the WAC is better than the MWC. :roll:
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:
Wow.....didn't know football was played by halves only now....lucky for you that is not the case. Or your Montana Grizzlies would have finished the 2008 regular season 8-4 instead of 11-1 ;) Or worse...Wyoming would have finished 2-9-1 :oops: :D ;)

Fact is, Weber State got whipped by UH in the worst rebuilding year the Warriors have had in a long time.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

Probably should make it a different thread, but anyone got any predictions for the WSU game? I think one fall camp is not long enough for either Wyoming or WSU to get their offenses up to par(WSU is breaking in a new OC). I think UW's defense will over power the lack of offense UW will have early on.

Weber State - 13
Wyoming - 20
Weber State is a quality that can beat a lot of good FBS teams. Like J-Rod said, considering all Hawaii lost (basically everyone on offense including one of the best QB's in college football history in Colt Brennan and one of the best coaches in college football history in June Jones) beating WSU by 19 was a solid win. Heck, WSU was a play or two away from ending Utah's unbeaten BCS bowl season. I predict UW losing by 7-10 pts against Weber State.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
That was because our 4th best QB on our roster (now our RB) was starting because of injuries, academic problems and other issues involving our other QB's. Hawaii outscored WSU, 29-0 in the 2nd half and if Tyler Graunke started the game, Hawaii would've won 57-17.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:The question is, can one of the highest rated teams in the bowl series (Weber State in preseason top 10) match up with one of the lower rated teams in Division I ? Well, obviously yes. Look at what App. State did to Mich. last year. Go through the records back to 1945 and see how close some of the games the Pokes played against Div II were.
I don't think the Pokes have ever played a Div II team (excluding basketball), or at least not in the current division allignments.

I think it needs to be pointed out that probably our worst teams at WY even beat the top FCS/div1A teams. Remember the Koening years when we beat Furman? Yes, we were outplayed to an extent by NDSU last year (but we truly had an inept offense) and the team still showed up come crunch time....

We won't overlook Weber State and I fully expect the team to be very well prepared for them. Honestly, I would be surprised if we dont win by 10 pts or more.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

J-Rod wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Wow.....didn't know football was played by halves only now....lucky for you that is not the case. Or your Montana Grizzlies would have finished the 2008 regular season 8-4 instead of 11-1 ;) Or worse...Wyoming would have finished 2-9-1 :oops: :D ;)

Fact is, Weber State got whipped by UH in the worst rebuilding year the Warriors have had in a long time.
The difference between what I said and what you said is that Hawaii called off the dogs despite being down by 10 at halftime, rather, I never said Montana ran away with any game.. or even mentioned them. But you can't really claim "calling off the dogs" when you were being beat at the half.. not a totally dominating performance until the 2nd half. It doesn't matter which QB started for whatever reason, the score was what it was, the rest is just excuses and speculation.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:The question is, can one of the highest rated teams in the bowl series (Weber State in preseason top 10) match up with one of the lower rated teams in Division I ? Well, obviously yes. Look at what App. State did to Mich. last year. Go through the records back to 1945 and see how close some of the games the Pokes played against Div II were.
I don't think the Pokes have ever played a Div II team (excluding basketball), or at least not in the current division allignments.

I think it needs to be pointed out that probably our worst teams at WY even beat the top FCS/div1A teams. Remember the Koening years when we beat Furman? Yes, we were outplayed to an extent by NDSU last year (but we truly had an inept offense) and the team still showed up come crunch time....

We won't overlook Weber State and I fully expect the team to be very well prepared for them. Honestly, I would be surprised if we dont win by 10 pts or more.
It should be noted that Furman went on to play in the 1-AA national championship the year Wyoming beat them. :twocents:
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

It should be noted that Furman went on to play in the 1-AA national championship the year Wyoming beat them. :twocents:
And my Hawaii buddiies never remembers that! I've told them that at least twice!