Weber Faithful Penciling Win..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:
The difference between what I said and what you said is that Hawaii called off the dogs despite being down by 10 at halftime, rather, I never said Montana ran away with any game.. or even mentioned them. But you can't really claim "calling off the dogs" when you were being beat at the half.. not a totally dominating performance until the 2nd half. It doesn't matter which QB started for whatever reason, the score was what it was, the rest is just excuses and speculation.
It is completely irrelevant what the score was after one half, fact is Hawaii dominated Weber State when it mattered. The final score is all that mattered, heck we wouldn't even be posting like this is LWJ and Inoke had not fumbled in the redzone twice in the 2nd Quarter.

Once again.........Fact is, Weber State got whipped by UH in the worst rebuilding year the Warriors have had in a long time. 8-)

Anyways! Back to topic....

The WSU fans are always talking up a storm, they thought they were going to torch UH last season, heck they also thought they would light Montana up a second time in the 2008 season(They lost). Regardless of what anyone thinks, there are many unknowns about the 2009 Wyoming Cowboys. There is a drastic change in offenses and philosophies going into this season. How the players respond and how quickly they learn will determine how the Pokes do in 2009.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Weber thinks they're the kings of the mountain because they beat Montana for the first time since 1997, then they were spanked in the playoffs. Whoops. One good season doesn't make you king. Funny about Weber though, they were barely playoff eligible last year as they only had 7 D1 wins. Two losses to FBS teams, then 2 wins vs. D2/NAIA schools, plus a loss to Eastern Washington at the end of the season almost disqualified them from the playoffs. Strength of schedule may have saved them last year.
ImageImageImageImage
weberwildcat
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:I think the Weber faithful are misguided. After a tough loss to Eastern at the end of the year, eeking out Cal Poly, then totally wetting the bed against Montana.. yeah..

So anyways, is there stud receiver Etuati even going to be playing this year after being tossed in the slammer during the playoffs last season? It's funny how Weber beats Montana once in the last umpteen years, now they're king s##t and can take on the world.. good luck with that.

A Weber fan found the Wyo board!

A. Mr Titleist knows who I am and we are both regulars on the CS forum and he knows dang well no Weber fans on there are predicting wins over both Wyo and CSU in back to back weeks. I wouldn't say anyone is too misguided. We know we aren't expected to win the game and it wil be a big challenge.

Yes we did say both games appear to be winnable and we are very excited for the challenge very similarly to Wyo preparing for Texas. Is there something wrong with this? Should we not be excited for our first game and assume and hope we lose by 50? Of course we are excited to play a big boy.

B. Yes it was a tough loss to a very good EWU team that was just outside of the top 25. Then "eeking" out a win over Cal Poly the week after? By "eeking" do you mean beating the No. 3 team in the nation in the first rd of the playoffs 49-35 on the road just 7 days after Poly lost @ Wisconsin by 1 in overtime in a game where they missed 3 extra pts? Then I agree on the "eeking".

And then wetting the bed against Montana on the road in the semifinals? It was a close game and they still had a shot at winning in the last half of the 4th with the final being 24-13. In the regular season WSU beat No. 3 Montana 45-28. They both got a home win against the other and YES i realize UM's win was the better one to have.

C. Your "stud" Eteuati will NOT be playing this year. To answer your question since you know so much about Weber state is the reason is not that he went to jail. The NCAA will not permit him to play due to graduation. You are only allowed 4 yrs of play.
weberwildcat
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:Weber thinks they're the kings of the mountain because they beat Montana for the first time since 1997, then they were spanked in the playoffs. Whoops. One good season doesn't make you king. Funny about Weber though, they were barely playoff eligible last year as they only had 7 D1 wins. Two losses to FBS teams, then 2 wins vs. D2/NAIA schools, plus a loss to Eastern Washington at the end of the season almost disqualified them from the playoffs. Strength of schedule may have saved them last year.

You are correct, we should not be excited about our football team attempting a second very good season in a row. After all we normally struggle to go .500 and prior to 2008 hadn't won our conf in 40 yrs.

We have been a basketball school for our entire history. Anyone in this conf is excited after beating UM no matter what.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Good to see ya made it over here, Weber! Took ya long enough!
ImageImageImageImage
weberwildcat
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:Good to see ya made it over here, Weber! Took ya long enough!
Ha Ha damn!! Y didn't you tell me about it??

All I ever saw was the GoWyoGo which you gotta pay to join. The hell is that about??? $$ to post? EL OH EL

Glad to see there was more than "hell's half acre"
billings
Ranch Hand

Wyo 35
Weber 17

Benjamin and Terry light up a Weber Defense that had to replace almost all their starters from last year. Weber will start slow this year. Glad to play them early.

Weber will beat Montana again this year during regular season but Montana State will win the Big SKy.
Big SKy playoff teams will be MSU and Weber (LOL Bold predictions)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

billings wrote:Wyo 35
Weber 17

Benjamin and Terry light up a Weber Defense that had to replace almost all their starters from last year. Weber will start slow this year. Glad to play them early.

Weber will beat Montana again this year during regular season but Montana State will win the Big SKy.
Fightin' words. :thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

weberwildcat wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Good to see ya made it over here, Weber! Took ya long enough!
Ha Ha damn!! Y didn't you tell me about it??

All I ever saw was the GoWyoGo which you gotta pay to join. The hell is that about??? $$ to post? EL OH EL

Glad to see there was more than "hell's half acre"
I have the website userbar in my sig line over at CS.com.. or do you have them turned off like I do?
ImageImageImageImage
billings
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
billings wrote:Wyo 35
Weber 17

Fightin' words. :thumb:

LOL I knew that would get a response.