Winless season probable

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I've been watching other MWC games these last two weeks and have to say it's highly likely we lose every game this season.

Extremely likely with Allen getting hurt and our other QBs throwing like Tebow. This is going to be a very long season.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Coffman will be back, but winless season is absolutely possible. So excited for the bottom ten!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This team looked horrible on paper. We all knew it...we were cringing the moment the depth charts were released. That said, I didn't think this rough patch would be quite this bad. If this team can't handle North Dakota and Eastern Michigan, I don't want to imagine what future foes will do to Wyo this season.

...and if injuries hit this team...my gawd, this group might be special in 2015. The wrong kind of special.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

New Mexico vs Wyoming will be the powder puff game of the year both teams have invisible defense but can run the ball.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:New Mexico vs Wyoming will be the powder puff game of the year both teams have invisible defense but can run the ball.
My gawd, I forgot about that game. Two awfully pathetic defenses. Someone will win 72-69.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Yes, we will lose every game this season. I have never seen a worse defense than what we have now. We will be 20+ dogs every game out and be setting records the wrong way. You shouldn't rush for over 400 and lose bad. Going to be Koenning bad year.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:New Mexico vs Wyoming will be the powder puff game of the year both teams have invisible defense but can run the ball.
My gawd, I forgot about that game. Two awfully pathetic defenses. Someone will win 72-69.
That's two weeks away and I'm watching Tulsa just poop all over New Mexico in terms of running through arm tackles but New Mexico could still beat them.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Unless there is substantial improvement or the other team gets arrested, all of them, we won't come within 2 td of anyone in a weak MWC.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand

Oh ye of little faith.

Have some koolaid, relax, listen to some Allman brothers, and stop thinking this group of rookies won't get better.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

No one thinks they won't get better. They just aren't likely to ever be better then the competition.

I'm sure there will be done games that look better but the isn't a game in the schedule I'll pencil in as a win.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

I will go out on the limb...the Pokes will definitely win at least one game this year.

I won't try to pick which one however...lol.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand

poop o deer w2d: have some faith re the power of the small guy v the well trained, equipped, boob enhanced ass holes at the summer camp across the lake. Keep calm and bill Murray on.

Our guys are getting there. I'm on for the ride.

Sorry for the bravado, but I got my tickets for next week. Where ya'll going to be?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Sad to admit I agree, hope we're wrong
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

yopaulie wrote:I will go out on the limb...the Pokes will definitely win at least one game this year.

New Mexico. At home. After that.... :(
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
yopaulie wrote:I will go out on the limb...the Pokes will definitely win at least one game this year.

New Mexico. At home. After that.... :(
There's that optimism.

Really though, we were crushed by a team that will probably take last in the MAC. We're going to make New Mexico look like Ohio State.
52-56
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

This IMO tells it all, Very few fans think we have a chance to beat anyone.

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:This IMO tells it all, Very few fans think we have a chance to beat anyone.

Over 50% think we can win at least one.....compared to 47% who don't. Hell, we would have beat EMU if Allen didn't break his collarbone. I think with any improvement at all we have a decent chance at either UNM or UNLV. Might be dogs, but we'll have a chance.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Maybe if New Mexico's players all get food poisoning, followed by some industrial accidents and lose some limbs. Then I like our chances to only lose by 10 or so.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:This IMO tells it all, Very few fans think we have a chance to beat anyone.

Over 50% think we can win at least one.....compared to 47% who don't. Hell, we would have beat EMU if Allen didn't break his collarbone. I think with any improvement at all we have a decent chance at either UNM or UNLV. Might be dogs, but we'll have a chance.
Allen doesn't play defense.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

JimmyDimes wrote:

Big difference between thinking we can beat someone and that we will beat someone. Personally, I think it's more than possible that we win one or two games, but I still think it's unlikely unless we see major improvement from several players, AND we catch a team on a bad day.