Dietz leaves program

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Carl Spackler
Buckaroo

Wyoming Head Coach Heath Schroyer announced Monday that Michael Dietz of Casper has decided to leave the Cowboy basketball program for personal reasons.

Dietz, a 6-7, 185-pound guard from Natrona County High School, was enrolled in summer school at UW as a freshman and had attended three days of classes with other Cowboy freshmen and returnees before informing Schroyer of his decision.

“We are disappointed that Michael has decided to leave the program,” Schroyer said in a press release. “He is a quality young man who we felt had a great future in our program. We wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.”

Schroyer indicated he would not have any further comment.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

its probably best for him

i dont think hed be playin much anyway.

wyo is stacked at the 2, 3 and 4 with guys who have better talent than dietz.

at the 2 we have Jackson, Manzano,and Davis...and Muojeke

at the 3 we have Muojeke, Dermody, MBaye, and Harrison

at the 4 we have Thiam and Waddell... and MBaye and Dermody

he wouldnt have played much, and probably wouldnt have been all that good
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

3 days of summer school???? WOW! If he can't handle 3 days of summer school, we don't want him at all anyways.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

This is purely my speculation, but I think Dietz wanted to play right away. Schroyer probably told him he would be redshirting for sure and Dietz said goodbye. You think they would have discussed that before he started summer school, but that's my guess as to what happened. If Dietz plans on playuing right away, then he better head to a local community college.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Would it be correct to assume that it is now too late in the game to get a quality replacement scholarship player? So will Shroyer just hang on to the scholarship and wait and recruit a good player for the following season?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:3 days of summer school???? WOW! If he can't handle 3 days of summer school, we don't want him at all anyways.
No kidding. What a LOSER. He should have never been recruited (Heath blindly took a page out of Buckymac's recruiting guide) thinking if he signed a Wyoming kid, the natives would smile. Good thing it only took 3 days (hilarious) instead of 2 years like the other Eggbert wannabe Platt!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...