WYO @ SJSU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Play like this Saturday and the Lobos will blow us out
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Adams carried this team the entire OOC schedule and anyone that is being hard on him now had no respect for him and what he did at the beginning of this season. He was doing it all alone and the team is finally starting to step up and score and he is in a bit of a funk but it's about damn time someone else steps up.

I hate seeing Adams playing bad but it's somewhat understandable after everything else he has been able to do.

One thing I'll say for Adams he is being extremely uncharacteristic in driving in and passing out which SJSU picked up on and started to step in the lane early picking off his passes.
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

3 times down the court. 3 TO's by Adams
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Adams should have been pulled at halftime! WTF is he doing?!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

That was atrocious.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Frustrating
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

What an embarrassing loss. This is an awful team with their #1 player fouled out and we can't consistently score. What a joke. We're about to be their 3rd ever conference win
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I didn't expect this from Adams but we've lived or died by him so it's no surprise.

Young teams don't play well on the road in conference
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Beat by a glorified JUCO
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Man this was just bad bad bad.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Adams is clearly our most valuable player and has won us a great deal of games, but he flat out lost us this game tonight. Not only that, but it was the worst conference loss we've ever had.... very disappointing.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:Adams carried this team the entire OOC schedule and anyone that is being hard on him now had no respect for him and what he did at the beginning of this season. He was doing it all alone and the team is finally starting to step up and score and he is in a bit of a funk but it's about damn time someone else steps up.

I hate seeing Adams playing bad but it's somewhat understandable after everything else he has been able to do.

One thing I'll say for Adams he is being extremely uncharacteristic in driving in and passing out which SJSU picked up on and started to step in the lane early picking off his passes.

Josh really screwed us in that final minute. It is what it is.

I respect everything Josh has done since he was a freshman. Hell, even his final HS game I got a lot of respect for him. But that doesn't change the fact that Josh turned the ball over 3 times in the final minute on 3 straight possessions. Just because he busted his all season, all 4 years, and I acknowledge he stunk it up and blew it for us tonight doesn't mean I don't respect him.

He has won us far more games than he has lost us though, so it is what it is.
On to the next game.

Go Pokes.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Tough loss but we are a young team and other teams will lose to San Jose in conference out there this year. We just have to try to bounce back Saturday.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I can't think of an adjective that properly describes just how ugly that game was. SJSU literally did everything they could to lose the game but we simply refused to capitalize. I don't know what it is about playing there but every time I've watched us play in that middle school gym of theirs we look like all we care about is hurry up and get the game over with. Very little emotion, lack of discipline, sloppy sloppy sloppy. We had no urgency at all in the last couple minutes of the game. Trying not to knock the guys too much cause I fully expected we would have stinkers like this with the ups and downs of this team, but sure is tough to swallow the way they played tonight. Don't know whats up with Adams the last couple games, tonight I thought it looked like he lost his confidence. Head was hanging, looked to pass off instead of score, got caught in the air and turned it over several times, loose with his dribble, he just looked like a beaten dog. Need Josh to just be Josh. Rough game, but lets move past it, grow from it, and kick some butt the next time out.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

seattlecowboy wrote:Tough loss but we are a young team and other teams will lose to San Jose in conference out there this year. We just have to try to bounce back Saturday.
No one else is going to lose to them they suck.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:Tough loss but we are a young team and other teams will lose to San Jose in conference out there this year. We just have to try to bounce back Saturday.
No one else is going to lose to them they suck.
Not at all going to sugarcoat our loss, but I'll agree to disagree. SJSU lost in OT to CSU, and had a 2nd half lead on SDSU, so I expect they're gonna win a couple more conference games this year. Just sucks we were first.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Why Naughton only 9 min? We got out boarded by 18. I swear sometimes he's not paying attention. And how many times is McM going to drive and get his poop blocked. Geez. How many layups did we miss? Seven? This was 10 giant steps backward.

Shyatt has little sense of who's playing well and who's not on any particular night. Shoulda put Naughton in with Herndon and fed Herndon. And let JJ dribble penetrate, dish or shoot. Ugh. Poorly coached game
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Fugly! I shut it off, couldn't stand to watch anymore. Shyatt needs try a new allocation of minutes. Not sure I care to watch Trey anymore, same for Lieberman and dalton.
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

What perplexes me about Coach Shyatt is:

Does he play to the strengths of the team?

or

Does he play to hide the weaknesses?

Getting out rebounded game after game is a weakness. Teams have figured out how to collapse on drives by Adams and how to cover the kick out pass Adams makes. When those teams do not do that well or when the Pokes get off the quick shot and make it, then the Pokes are poised to win. Getting beat by 17 boards means that the opponent got that many more chances to score. Isn't an objective of basketball defense to limit your opponents opportunities to score and maximize yours?

Coach Shyatt has his team "in" the games, but the style of play also keeps the opponent "in" the game as well.

The killer is that UW is once again the source for helping really bad teams find success. Football gives NM a win a few years ago that was their first in many MWC games and gives Eastern Michigan their first OOC road win in like 20 years. Now giving SJSU their first win in 27 MWC games. Unfortunately, UW programs tend to tip towards the weaker side of competitiveness it seems like.

Simply frustrating to lose, but the way in which it occurs and to really bad programs on top of it all.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

little bit sad, just like not winning the powerball last night, i'm thinking we'll win on at home and drop them all on the road, just the norm with this young team, sure hope Josh breaks outta his funk fairly soon, but to lose to a team that hasn't won a MWC game in their last 27, smh, where is Lieberman, he kinda scares me going into next year