WYO vs. Utah in SLC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

big z wrote:Time for what? I've heard from CSU fans that Wyoming is just a slight step above a JUCO program?

Regardless, I'm hoping it's going to be a good game.
Who's CSU?
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyoming played in two bcs bowls back in the 60's - they just weren't called bcs back then. There weren't all of the other smaller bowls back then either. We were 1 - 1.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Did you really need to bring them into this? Stay focused.
big z
Ranch Hand

evilpoke wrote:Did you really need to bring them into this? Stay focused.
Just repeating what i've heard, another good one is that you'll be dropping down to FCS into the Big West with Weber State.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Then the CSU (whomever they are) fans are obviously retarded. There's no such thing as the Big West conferences in FBS or FCS football. :thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

I think z's been sneaking out and hitting the coffee.

:wtf:
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

big z wrote:
evilpoke wrote:Did you really need to bring them into this? Stay focused.
Just repeating what i've heard, another good one is that you'll be dropping down to FCS into the Big West with Weber State.
See, what CSU fans fail to tell you is that Colorado is going through a crippling economic crisis, which will soon cause CSU to raise tuition for in-state and out-of-state students, meaning more and more of the athletic budget will have to go to scholarships, as to, say, paying for coaching salaries.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

big z wrote: I'm not on here to troll, just talk some football......

....Time for what? I've heard from CSU fans that Wyoming is just a slight step above a JUCO program?
Hmmm... I'm reading between the lines and you're border-line trolling. I'm sorry you need to do this since the MWC board is down.

By the way, go look up our records against BCS teams in general and I bet we're pretty similar. We have a coach now...not a cheerleader. I'm still bitter about a few years ago but our coach is friends with ur coach, so our sportsmanship rivalry is over.

I think its pretty sweet that you guys are having a black-out on halloween for that game. I may go to that one.
big z
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:
big z wrote:Here is a fact for you:

At the moment Wyo is 1-8 in their last 9 vs. Utah and 4-11 in their last 15. What in those numbers tell you there is any reason not to think that the next 15 years won’t look like the last 15 years?
Who doens't have a stellar record against us this decade. When you do the math, you'd realize that the difference between 1-8 and 4-11 is 3-3. That is about the time Utah finally had a program under McBride.

I have some facts for you:

Wyoming has finished ranked 8 times to Utah's 5. And, since 1950, Wyoming leads the series 30-27....and that included the best years of Utah football.

The cycle is about to change for both teams.
Where are you pulling that all time record from? I'm showing it 49-31-1 for the U, here is the link. Check it on page 110

http://utahutes.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hot ... mg-109-115
big z
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Then the CSU (whomever they are) fans are obviously retarded. There's no such thing as the Big West conferences in FBS or FCS football. :thumb:
Sorry that is my bad, it's the Big Sky
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

dapokes wrote:
big z wrote: I'm not on here to troll, just talk some football......

....Time for what? I've heard from CSU fans that Wyoming is just a slight step above a JUCO program?
Hmmm... I'm reading between the lines and you're border-line trolling. I'm sorry you need to do this since the MWC board is down.

By the way, go look up our records against BCS teams in general and I bet we're pretty similar. We have a coach now...not a cheerleader. I'm still bitter about a few years ago but our coach is friends with ur coach, so our sportsmanship rivalry is over.

I think its pretty sweet that you guys are having a black-out on halloween for that game. I may go to that one.
No, not trolling. Just trying to defend myself.

The blackout game last year versus TCU was by far one of the loudest games i've ever seen in RES. It's a good time, if you can you should definetly come down.
big z
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
big z wrote:Time for what? I've heard from CSU fans that Wyoming is just a slight step above a JUCO program?

Who's CSU?
CSU - Colorado State University
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

big z wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

Who's CSU?
I know. I was being a smart ass. ;)
ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
big z wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

Who's CSU?
I know. I was being a smart ass. ;)
I figured as much
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

CSU is also known as Fort Fart U. or Fort Fudd U.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
big z
Ranch Hand

You seriously think that's the record versus the U? Think about it, and look at that site again. Respond back after you've done that.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

CFDB is pretty accurate when it comes these kinds of things. I've never found a reason to dispute what they say.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

MrTitleist wrote:CFDB is pretty accurate when it comes these kinds of things. I've never found a reason to dispute what they say.
Just checked my official 2008 UW football media guide (I ALWAYS have it handy) and CFDW has the correct numbers. Prior to the 2008 loss:evil: , the series was at according to the OFFICIAL records,...

Utah leading the the overall series at 48-31-1. So, aftyer the Utah win it is now Utes in the lead at 49-31-1.

Any questions?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

big z wrote:Here is a fact for you:

At the moment Wyo is 1-8 in their last 9 vs. Utah and 4-11 in their last 15. What in those numbers tell you there is any reason not to think that the next 15 years won’t look like the last 15 years?

Sounds like something a Wyoming fan may have said to a Utah fan in July of 1969 except the record was 12-2 in the last 14.

So, nothing in those numbers themselves tell me it will remain the same. The past means nothing in the future, but keeping a quality coaching staff, and continually investing into the athletics program to maintain a winning tradition will go a long way. I do see Utah being a quality program for a while, but you could easily go with out a conf championship in football for 20 years. Trust me that is not fun.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!