CFN MWC Football Write-Up

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Don't know if it was posted from the August 8th publish date, never saw it, so...

http://cfn.scout.com/2/886016.html

Appears they are predicting us to finish 2 & 10. Ouch. The unit rankings are interesting as well...no respect for the Pokes.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

2-10.. sucky. We'll definitely be better than 2-10.
ImageImageImageImage
big z
Ranch Hand

I think it's going to be closer than a lot of you guys are predicting. Weber is going to be a good team this year.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Weber can play offense, but their D leaves something to be desired. If Trevyn Smith is stopped early, it's going to be a long day for the Weber O.
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

big z wrote:I think it's going to be closer than a lot of you guys are predicting. Weber is going to be a good team this year.

I hope they are a good team, that way we will know what we need to work on. After practicing with your own team, you need a test from someone else to find out what the weaknesses are. One thing I am confident of is our defense being tough. If our offense and our turnover margin improves even slightly, we will be tougher than Weber St. expects
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

big z wrote:I think it's going to be closer than a lot of you guys are predicting. Weber is going to be a good team this year.

I think it is going to be closer that a lot of folks think as well. Like UW 17 Weber 0. Our defense is steller, and a shutout wouldn't surprise me a bit. Question for UW will be if we can generate that 17 points.
Dear Karma,

big z
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:

I think it is going to be closer that a lot of folks think as well. Like UW 17 Weber 0. Our defense is steller, and a shutout wouldn't surprise me a bit. Question for UW will be if we can generate that 17 points.
You honestly think UW is going to score that much? McBride will have his guys ready to play, I see a 17-12 win for Weber.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

big z wrote:You honestly think UW is going to score that much? McBride will have his guys ready to play, I see a 17-12 win for Weber.
I actually think McBride is a decent coach...er...maybe recruiter...er...something. Hey, Urban won with his kids, so that has to count for something. BUT...I honestly don't see Weber coming out of the gate on September 5th in Laramie like they have already played 10 or 11 games. I don't think the purple kitties score a point...and in fact, I think after their first 3 & out series on O and a few big time hits, they run scared the rest of the afternoon.
Dear Karma,

big z
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
big z wrote:You honestly think UW is going to score that much? McBride will have his guys ready to play, I see a 17-12 win for Weber.
I actually think McBride is a decent coach...er...maybe recruiter...er...something. Hey, Urban won with his kids, so that has to count for something. BUT...I honestly don't see Weber coming out of the gate on September 5th in Laramie like they have already played 10 or 11 games. I don't think the purple kitties score a point...and in fact, I think after their first 3 & out series on O and a few big time hits, they run scared the rest of the afternoon.
Are you coming down to SLC for the game in october? If so i'll put a six pack on the weber game with you, local brewed SLC for a local from WYO. Game?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

big z wrote:Are you coming down to SLC for the game in october? If so i'll put a six pack on the weber game with you, local brewed SLC for a local from WYO. Game?
I think we are going to make the trip...not 100% sure, but it is a great possibility. So yes, you have a bet. And if we don't show for Utah, I will have you call up one of the many liquor stores (probably in Laramie...so I can enjoy it on gamedays) and make good. I will provide the phone number of the store, etc. :D
Dear Karma,

big z
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
big z wrote:Are you coming down to SLC for the game in october? If so i'll put a six pack on the weber game with you, local brewed SLC for a local from WYO. Game?
I think we are going to make the trip...not 100% sure, but it is a great possibility. So yes, you have a bet. And if we don't show for Utah, I will have you call up one of the many liquor stores (probably in Laramie...so I can enjoy it on gamedays) and make good. I will provide the phone number of the store, etc. :D
Well i'll be around, when the season kicks off not sure how much i'll be on the board until the game gets a little closer. Let me know if you decide to make the trip down.

Z
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

big z wrote:Well i'll be around, when the season kicks off not sure how much i'll be on the board until the game gets a little closer. Let me know if you decide to make the trip down.

Z
Sounds good to me...I am trying hard to see at least 10, maybe 11, UW football games this season...not counting our bowl game in Vegas. Go Pokes!
Dear Karma,

big z
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
big z wrote:Well i'll be around, when the season kicks off not sure how much i'll be on the board until the game gets a little closer. Let me know if you decide to make the trip down.

Z
Sounds good to me...I am trying hard to see at least 10, maybe 11, UW football games this season...not counting our bowl game in Vegas. Go Pokes!
More like maybe the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise. Good Luck on the Season, GO UTES!!!!