Special Teams

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Any early word on the special teams? Who will likely be kicking fgs and PATs? Who will be punting? Who will be our return guys? I will be very interested to see our first kick-off to see if we can A.) kick the ball into the end-zone and B.) hold the other team to a return of less than 20+ yards. We got KILLED on kick-coverage last year!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Jake Scott has place kicking duties locked down. As of right now Austin McCoy is the punter, but it's not set in stone yet. If last season was any indication, Nick Landess has a shot to take over the punting duties. Landess also has the best leg, so I expect to see him handling kickoff duties.

Special teams didn't get addressed too much during spring ball due to injuries, so I'm kind of curious myself as to how our kick coverage has improved.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Not so fast on Jake Scott.

I heard on the radio the other night that a walk-on who has previously kicked at BHSU will be joining the team once school starts. I might have heard he is from Cheyenne too. Anyway, sounds like he has some thunder. Any other position than kicker and I wouldn't buy into anything but JS hasn't exactly been automatic in past seasons. A little competition wouldn't hurt either way...