More DEVIN MOORE news

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Upon further review: Mora pleased
By Clare Farnsworth
Posted Aug 17, 2009
AA
The film has been reviewed and the Seahawks rookies had plenty of things to be excited about and things the rookies need to work on.

Several times during his post-game session with the media Saturday night, Seahawks coach Jim Mora said he wanted to wait until after reviewing the video of his team's victory in its preseason opener to critique the efforts of certain players.

So while the players had their first day off Sunday since training camp opened on July 31, Mora and his staff didn't just watch the video of the 20-14 victory over the San Diego Chargers, they scrutinized, analyzed and categorized every players' performance on every snap.

“Just like most preseason games - or, for that matter, most games - there were some good things, and there were some things that we need to work on,” Mora said Monday after a brisk, one-hour, 45-minute practice in full pads.

“I was pleased with the effort, which is one of the things that I was focusing on. Fundamentals, I thought we did a nice job there. I think we're on the right track.”

Among the elements that pleased Mora and his coaching staff:

Max Unger: The team's second-round draft choice from Oregon played all 68 offensive snaps - the first half at right guard, the second half at center.

“It's a heck of a lot,” Mora said of the rookie's wire-to-wire effort. “And he did a heck of a job. A lot to learn, but that's how you learn - by being thrown into the fire.

“I think it's rare to see a guy that young be as effective as he was in his first preseason game when you ask him to play two positions like we were.”

That's not to say that Unger was perfect when thrown into the eye of the NFL storm.

“He's a smart guy, and he'll learn from his mistakes,” Mora said. “But we saw a lot of good things.”

Devin Moore: The rookie free agent from Wyoming played a lot in the second half, when he carried the ball eight times for a game-high 32 yards - but somehow was not among the 17 Seahawks who caught passes in the game.

“You know what was impressive about Devin?” Mora said of the 5-foot-9, 191-pound back. “He's small in stature, but he broke tackles.”

Five, by Mora's count. And Moore also came up big in pass protection.

“He stepped up and he thumped some guys,” Mora said. “He stood out to me.”

Nick Reed: By now, anyone who was paying any attention knows that the rookie defensive end from Oregon had a sack and an interception. What you might not know is that Mora's predicted just such an outing by the team's undersized seventh-round draft choice.

“As we talked going into the game Saturday night - I was talking to my dad, as a matter of fact - I said, 'Watch Nick Reed. I bet you that he does a couple of things,' ” said Mora, whose father also coached in the NFL.

“And he did. So no, he hasn't exceeded expectations. He keeps living up to them, though.”

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

SEAHAWKS TRAINING CAMP: Day 15One practice, Open, Pads, 2 hours Moore gives more: The biggest hit of the Monday's practice came courtesy of one of Seattle's smallest players. Undrafted free agent Devin Moore collided with cornerback Kevin Hobbs, who ended up taking a seat on the turf.Moore led the Seahawks in rushing in Saturday's exhibition game, gaining 32 yards on the ground."He's small in stature, but he broke tackles," coach Jim Mora said. "I think he carried the ball eight times, and we counted five broken tackles."Roll call: RBs Julius Jones and T.J. Duckett did not practice Thursday. Their injuries? "Nothing serious," Mora said. Offensive linemen Cory Withrow and Grey Ruegamer also sat out the practice. Guard Mansfield Wrotto returned.Wallace proves wily: The play was a naked bootleg. It was Seattle's second-string defense, however, that ended up totally exposed as Seneca Wallace tucked the ball, got outside of defensive end Baraka Atkins and was rolling downfield when it was whistled dead.Butler back to return: Receiver Deon Butler wasn't among the four players fielding punts during Monday's practice, which could have been construed as a commentary on his performance after returning two punts and two kickoffs in Saturday's exhibition opener in San Diego."He was average, at best," Mora said. He's going to get more chances, though."He's going to keep doing it," Mora said, "because he's got that element of speed, and I think we all know now that he's got an element of toughness, after that wicked hit that he took, and just popping right back up."Strong-arm approach: Matt Hasselbeck had Deion Branch wide open down the sideline during 7-on-7 pass-coverage drills, but overthrew the open receiver.Teel's got the feel Mike Teel's accuracy on his 18-yard touchdown pass Saturday isn't what impressed offensive coordinator Greg Knapp the most, it was that Teel completed the pass against a different coverage than he prepared for."Mike did a very good job for a rookie," Knapp said.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Great articles, thanks for the post! Hope the coaches see what an asset Moore would be if he earned a spot on the squad. Even if the RB depth chart is a little full, D-Mo is an outstanding kick returner. I didn't catch the game on Saturday, did he get any special teams touches?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:Great articles, thanks for the post! Hope the coaches see what an asset Moore would be if he earned a spot on the squad. Even if the RB depth chart is a little full, D-Mo is an outstanding kick returner. I didn't catch the game on Saturday, did he get any special teams touches?

Yes , he returned two kickoffs with the first one going for about 27 yards and he ran into a defender and knocked the defenders helmet off of him . The second kick return was a little shorter but I think he averaged 18.5 yards per return so he did well in that regard also . I want to watch him against Denver this week and hopefully he will get "Moore " touches lol .

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Like I've said before, Seattle has one of the weakest RB corps in the NFL. Chances are Moore makes this roster, and maybe has a chance at seeing some PT.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I hope he gets to play and a decent chance at doing something, that would be great. He is a good guy, and a great player. Go D-Mo!

GO POKES!!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

great posts, i am very interested, would love to see a highlight of him knocking off defenders helmet. He deserves a chance, success will follow.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!