2018 recruit Cameron Murray....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

There isn't a 2018 recruiting thread, so I just thought I would drop this here. He has the second fastest 400 time in Colorado and he's just starting his junior year. He's another Overland kid out of that super athletic pipeline that has fed us Prosser, Conway, and Halliburton.

Check it out. This kid has big time wheels and he's 6'2". I think he projects to play somewhere in the secondary.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6792149/cameron-murray
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Here's some of his track stats. He cut a full second off his 200 time between his freshman and sophomore year and 3 seconds off his 400 time.

Burner....

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/A ... 746050#/L0

National Champions 1943.

I do.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:There isn't a 2018 recruiting thread, so I just thought I would drop this here. He has the second fastest 400 time in Colorado and he's just starting his junior year. He's another Overland kid out of that super athletic pipeline that has fed us Prosser, Conway, and Halliburton.

Check it out. This kid has big time wheels and he's 6'2". I think he projects to play somewhere in the secondary.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6792149/cameron-murray
I like taller safties. I think Haliburton is going to be a good one. Hopefully we can get Josh Boyd back too. This guy would be in that mold.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

400 time is blazing.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Impressive, although the 400 is a bit long to translate anything to football.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I was impressed with his improvement from his freshman year to his sophomore year the most. As he's getting stronger his times are getting better. I think it's safe to say, he's not as fast as he will be as a senior, and he's already pretty damn quick.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:400 time is blazing.
He would have finished 5th at last years MW outdoor championships, pretty impressive.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I might have to go watch some Overland games when I go to Denver. That high school has really been good to Bohl and Wyoming. Some of the best athletes on our team are coming from Overland. Thanks Papa Shy.

I wonder of we'll start to see that with Thomas Jefferson as well? Derrick Martin is the head coach there now.

With Bobo at CSU, focusing his recruiting down south where he's from, they've made it a lot easier for Wyoming to clean up in Colorado.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Impressive, although the 400 is a bit long to translate anything to football.
My thought, as well. But his 200 is also very fast so I would guess he can fun a fast 100m and 40 yd dash.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

His size if he turns out to be as good as everyone thinks is going to get him plenty notice from big schools unless we can somehow manage to get him early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:His size if he turns out to be as good as everyone thinks is going to get him plenty notice from big schools unless we can somehow manage to get him early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never under estimate being a part of a pack of wild Overland Dawgs that are already in Laramie. He seems to have some pretty good friends up here. I like our chances with him, regardless of who else pops up on his recruiting list.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I think the best thing Wyoming can do to keep themselves at the top of his list is to win more than lose and make sure his friends are having a good time doing so. :P

If he keeps looking good, CU will inevitably pay attention to him, and as CU's doing really well suddenly (yes, they lost by a few points at USC, but that was without their starting QB), that's obviously going to be a threat.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Welcome aboard to another Overland Cowboy. If we keep getting more athletes out of Overland, we're going to have to start letting their families eat for free in Laramie.

Great way to start 2018.

Go Pokes!!

National Champions 1943.

I do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Is this the kid that's conways cousin?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Awesome. He was 6'2, 175 as a high school junior? Really curious how big he'll be - especially if he redshirts. Guess with a speedster you don't want to pack on too much weight, though.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:59 am Is this the kid that's conways cousin?
Yeah
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo