Bohl=Glenn

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Same poop on offense as Glenn. Need some Christensen type receivers, wasting Allen's abilities.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Time to quit saying "Cowboy Tough" and get rid of that 7220 myth while we're at it.

Very disappointing performance. Time to turn the channel and watch a competitive game.
WyoWrestler44
Buckaroo

Totally agree. Pathetic performance across the board.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

STFU
that is all....
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

he has certainly not demonstrated an ability to recruit quality offensive players other than landing Josh

our receivers are dreadful and the OL is really sad
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bohl is one of the best coaches out there. Prevailing opinion in the off-season was that Josh Allen is superman, therefore all concerns at other positions are N/A. Clearly that's not the case.

Yes, Josh himself said, "it's Fiesta Bowl or bust"...it's good to shoot for the stars, but this loss doesn't kill anything. The MW hasn't impressed. Still plenty of goals to achieve.

Wyoming hasn't been to back-to-back bowls in almost 30 years. That's not the goal many set out for, but it's still better than anything else we've seen 2000-2013. Lots of season left.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:55 pm he has certainly not demonstrated an ability to recruit quality offensive players other than landing Josh

our receivers are dreadful and the OL is really sad
Sadly, this is true. Last week, our receivers could not get open ( except Conway) and the O-line could not open any holes. Gardner Webb gave up 42 more today. We couldn't get 100 yards rushing. So today was far from surprising. And to those who say the defense showed up - what game were you watching? Oregon moved the ball at will in the 1st half. A special teams fumble and another questionable fumble were the only plays that kept Oregon from getting 50 in the 1st half. And yet another horrible punting performance today. There is no excuse for all those 30 yard punts. Bohl should have an open tryout for a new punter starting Monday.

I was starting to believe this program had turned the corner. But Bohl has a lot of work to do in a big hurry or this season is going to start looking awfully or awful familiar.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

J-Rod wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:26 pm Bohl is one of the best coaches out there. Prevailing opinion in the off-season was that Josh Allen is superman, therefore all concerns at other positions are N/A. Clearly that's not the case.

Yes, Josh himself said, "it's Fiesta Bowl or bust"...it's good to shoot for the stars, but this loss doesn't kill anything. The MW hasn't impressed. Still plenty of goals to achieve.

Wyoming hasn't been to back-to-back bowls in almost 30 years. That's not the goal many set out for, but it's still better than anything else we've seen 2000-2013. Lots of season left.
Let's stop with the bowl comparison thing. We won 10 games in 1996 and didn't get a bowl bid. The standard for a bowl bid now is basically a winning record. I know we lost players. But I thought we had the entire offensive line coming back with the exception of Roullier. Now we start 2 freshmen and it's arguable that the O-line is the worst since Bohl got here. Yes, lot of season left. But Josh won't see very much of it if he doesn't get better line play.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

This board is full of some weak-minded prisoners of the moment. A bunch of Skip Bayless hot-takes in here right now. Get off the bandwagon before we start conference play.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

A small part of me is happy we're facing adversity and not quite up to par right now. I wouldn't want Bohl and staff to leave after a stellar 2017 season, because I know they are making great strides for our program as a whole.

They will have this team dialed in when the time is right. We aren't a program that can replace NFL caliber players overnight. Be patient Pokes, we are in good hands.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It is amazing how quickly the tide turned from last season to this season.

I was expecting a drop off but was not expecting this much of a drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:33 am
I was expecting a drop off but was not expecting this much of a drop off.

Me either until the NFL preseason happened. It is not very typical to have many NFL caliber players on a MWC team...and then we lost 4 (Hill, Gentry, Hollister, Roullier) all in one year from the same side of the ball.

That got me thinking that last year might have been more of an anomaly than anything because statistically we can't expect that kind of talent on a consistent basis.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

In the last ten years Wyoming has always had one dependable wide receiver and one good running back and they don't appear to have either this year.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
cfootball16
Buckaroo

Let's be honest, with a program that had its' cupboards emptied just a few years back, it takes time to rebuild a program. In addition, when you take four of those major building blocks and send them to the NFL, there is no way it's not going to sting. The program hasn't had time to reload enough players to replace that kind of talent. You put those four players back on the field last night, I think the game looks significantly different. It is what it is, but it does play into how we have performed on offense this year. That being said, I don't understand the conservatism with Josh. One of his strong suits is the ability to run and keep the defense honest, especially when you have a very young running backs and receiving corp. There have been multiple occasions, including last night, where Josh broke containment and had all sorts of yards in front of him. Rather than take those yards, he elected to throw cross body or tried to throw the ball in a crowd with receivers that have yet to prove they can go get the ball. It's like he has been told not to run, regardless of the positive yards he could make. If Josh would run on some of those plays, the defense has to account for it. I don't care if he makes 5 yards and just slides. That's better than just the yard on first down that we are getting and it at least keeps the defense honest.
If they know he's not going run anymore, defenses will continue to blanket our young receivers. He is a very good qb, but with the young talent surrounding him this year, there just needs to be more creativity. Although the stats may not show it, the defense is a definite step up from last year. That being said, you can't expect them to be on the field for 90 plays a game and not give up yards and points. The offense has to find a way to sustain some drives. I think the longest drive they had last night was 2 minutes. That doesn't bode well for any defense. I believe in these kids, coaches and the program. It's not time for knee jerk reactions, but it is time to continue to support and be positive about the direction the program is going. What is most important is what's in front of us. Conference starts next week and at the end of the day, that's what matters. This team is going to figure it out and I believe it can still be a really good year.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I'm thinking it's more like Vigen=Koenning than Bohl=Glenn.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Did I hear the announcers say that Marcus Arroyo was the OC for Oregon?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

The Glenn/Bohl comparison is an interesting one. Their season by season records in Laramie has been very similar through 3+ years in Laramie.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

WYCowboy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:00 pm Did I hear the announcers say that Marcus Arroyo was the OC for Oregon?
Yes he is the Co-offensive coordintor for them along with Mario Cristabol.

I remember when people used to complain that Arroyo sucked at calling playes here. Now they think he has a diverse offense at Oregon.

Usually what you find out is that it isn't the play calling that is the problem. It is the actual players that execute the plays. If you have good players your play calling looks good. If you don't then it looks bad.

Wyoming unfortunately doesn't have nearly as good of players as Oregon so that is why Arroyo looked bad here and looks like he has a diverse offense at Oregon.

This applies to our current staff as well.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:21 pm
WYCowboy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:00 pm Did I hear the announcers say that Marcus Arroyo was the OC for Oregon?
Yes he is the Co-offensive coordintor for them along with Mario Cristabol.

I remember when people used to complain that Arroyo sucked at calling playes here. Now they think he has a diverse offense at Oregon.

Usually what you find out is that it isn't the play calling that is the problem. It is the actual players that execute the plays. If you have good players your play calling looks good. If you don't then it looks bad.

Wyoming unfortunately doesn't have nearly as good of players as Oregon so that is why Arroyo looked bad here and looks like he has a diverse offense at Oregon.

This applies to our current staff as well.
Exactly. Arroyo (and every coordinator we've had, except Scottie) got killed on here and since then has been at the pros, Oklahoma State and Oregon. Not exactly dinky little programs like a bum.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

I agree with what has been said.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.