Most impressive thing I saw on Saturday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

The Texas kicker.

How much is it worth to KNOW every time you kick the ball off, that there's a 5% chance the kick will be returned, and that's only if the kickoff returner is either really good/really dumb.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Yeah he had a cannon leg, me and my friends marveled at how different the season would be if we had him. I sure hope we had a kicker recruit at the game so he could see how desperately we need them and how they could start right away.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Burt
Buckaroo

Whats up with your punter? Granted, he wasnt dumb enough to call his own number from deep in his own territory, but he had a couple of line drive punts that nearly took a few of the lineman's heads off. Were those on purpose?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Burt wrote:Whats up with your punter? Granted, he wasnt dumb enough to call his own number from deep in his own territory, but he had a couple of line drive punts that nearly took a few of the lineman's heads off. Were those on purpose?
For sure those WERE on purpose...and they worked out pretty well. Texas has a lot of speed in their return game and those punts bounced giving the punt coverage time to get down the field. One time the TX return man made a nice grab of the punt, if he wouldnt have been able to hang on to it, we could have recovered it for a TD.

Look at McCoy's punt average (with the line drives) compared to last year, clearly an improvement.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'll give the Texas kicking game credit, they were head and shoulders ahead of us. On Wyoming's side, I was impressed that Wyoming didn't throw any interceptions. We did throw the ball, but without too much success - I give credit to the Texas defense for that. Wyoming will get this offense going and I hope it is against CU.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Burt
Buckaroo

I can easily see you guys beating CU by double digits. I can also see you guys being a top MWC team in the near future once DC gets a team full of his recruits.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Burt wrote:I can easily see you guys beating CU by double digits. I can also see you guys being a top MWC team in the near future once DC gets a team full of his recruits.
I know you are right Burt (WYO is on its way back to football that we haven't seen for more than a decade). By the way, do you know a poster, or of a poster, from the Texas rivals site, that goes by the name CLohr?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Burt
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:
Burt wrote:I can easily see you guys beating CU by double digits. I can also see you guys being a top MWC team in the near future once DC gets a team full of his recruits.
I know you are right Burt (WYO is on its way back to football that we haven't seen for more than a decade). By the way, do you know a poster, or of a poster, from the Texas rivals site, that goes by the name CLohr?
Sorry, I dont. The only UT forums I frequent are shaggybevo and orangebloods. Why, is he giving you guys grief on your Rivals forum?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Burt wrote:Sorry, I dont. The only UT forums I frequent are shaggybevo and orangebloods. Why, is he giving you guys grief on your Rivals forum?
No big deal, he knows a mutual friend. He said he was a "Texas - Rivals" member. I don't think he was dishing any crap, but I don't ever read or frequent Rivals, so not really sure.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...