Nick Landess no longer a Poke...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

From the Laramie paper:

"Landess gone — Junior walk-on place-kicker and punter Nick Landess, who has been plagued this fall with a groin injury, has left the team."
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

If he's no better than McCoy or Scott, then good riddance. We used to be known for having elite kickers, now we have guys that wouldn't be able to walk on to a D-II school. Pathetic.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Did Landess ever really kick for the Pokes?
ImageImageImageImage
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Nick got about 5 yards more on his kick-offs than the current kickers. Too bad he couldn't get over injuries this fall. JUST GUESSING, but as a walk on its a lot of work in addition to school if you're pretty sure you won't get another shot at kicking until next fall.....when I'm sure DC will bring in some boomers.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:Nick got about 5 yards more on his kick-offs than the current kickers. Too bad he couldn't get over injuries this fall. JUST GUESSING, but as a walk on its a lot of work in addition to school if you're pretty sure you won't get another shot at kicking until next fall.....when I'm sure DC will bring in some boomers.
I swear we had a new guy kicking off on Saturday. It was a guy with the last name Watts, who is a walk-on. I wonder what happened to Scott?
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote: I swear we had a new guy kicking off on Saturday. It was a guy with the last name Watts, who is a walk-on. I wonder what happened to Scott?
yeah i remember seeing that, and he kicked it way short....worse than quite a few high school kickers ive seen that i thought were bad.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Landess was the strongest leg we had on the team. Sorry to see him go. I don't know how serious the injury was but something more had to be going on for him to just leave the team like this. If you guys remember last year Landess took over all the kicking duties after the Tennessee game.

To bad he wasn't healthy this year as he can get kickoffs to the end zone. Whoever kicked off during the Texas game was worst than Jake Scott and I had never heard of him.
I'm good for 3!
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Another interesting change is Brandon Stewart is now the #3 RB on the depth chart.
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Ok.. I have a question. Are you telling me that there isn't a kid going to school at UW that maybe plays soccer and has kicked before, that isn't on the team? ie(kind of like that kid at Texas Tech last year that won a contest and kicked the rest of the year for them). There has to be somebody down there that can kick, at least for the rest of the year. Maybe DC should have an open tryout to see if there is somebody. Bet you would be surprised!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

7220Fan wrote:Ok.. I have a question. Are you telling me that there isn't a kid going to school at UW that maybe plays soccer and has kicked before, that isn't on the team? ie(kind of like that kid at Texas Tech last year that won a contest and kicked the rest of the year for them). There has to be somebody down there that can kick, at least for the rest of the year. Maybe DC should have an open tryout to see if there is somebody. Bet you would be surprised!!
You are probably right...there surely is somebody. Maybe even one of the soccer twats. :D
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

We need to go the way that the movie Necessary Roughness did. :)
ImageImageImageImage