Thoughts on the game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

1. I don't know how good this team is, but they are finding ways to win - which is huge. (Think it's not? Tell that to UNLV.) It will pay off as the Pokes will likely find themselves in many close games through the end of the year - because they're not good enough to kill teams right now. (Well... maybe New Mexico)

2. This is going to make people a little sick - but ACS reminds me of Bradlee Van Pelt with a more accurate throw. He can kill you with the run or the pass, he's a playmaker, he's a leader on the field and his confidence seems to be making a difference.

3. David Leonard = Ryan McGuffey

4. The defense needs to figure out something different with the passing game. I think its because they're not getting enough pressure on the defense because they're sticking with 3 or 4 guys to go after the quarterback - which isn't working. (If I'm wrong - tell me.)

5. I'm glad Brandon Stewart is making good out on the field. He was one of the few guys last year who made plays on offense.

6. Give Ian Watts a scholarship. Right now. (I believe the players that he made the xtra point)

7. I don't know what to make of the offensive line. One drive, FAU is blowing up the line of scrimmage and sacking ACS twice. Another drive, they're getting a big push and the running backs are getting 7 and 9 yard runs. About the only thing I'm sure of is that if its 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, running up the middle isn't going to work.

8. I think these wide receivers are playing up to their capabilities - which could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it. It is a testament to the coaches, though -

9. I don't remember the last time a Cowboy team had a 10-minute advantage on time of possession.

10. 3-2 fellas... I'll take it!!! Bring on the Lobos for homecoming!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

great post and i will take a bradlee van pelt any day