Anybody else notice....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Boise State barely got past Marshall, 14-7 tonight.

If this season, hopefully, turns out like we all hope.....shades of 1988 perhaps?

But still...tomorrow's game and the Tulsa game still scares me.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wasn't Marshall projected to win their conference? Not that C-USA is an amazing conference or anything, but I'm not sure that game says Boise's bad.

If we beat Boise, I'd rather they had a good season otherwise, though. It'd be amazing if we somehow ended the season ranked. When did that happen last?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:37 pm Wasn't Marshall projected to win their conference? Not that C-USA is an amazing conference or anything, but I'm not sure that game says Boise's bad.

If we beat Boise, I'd rather they had a good season otherwise, though. It'd be amazing if we somehow ended the season ranked. When did that happen last?
1996 P.S. we didn't get a bowl invitation even though we were ranked AND 10-2. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Latest SP+ rankings had Marshall ranked 51st, higher than nearly every Mountain West team.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... makes-leap
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Very weird game. Marhshall got completely dominated in the second half and manage to keep the game close somehow. They had zero second half yards though.. previous Boise State teams win a game like by 40 points.

Side note.. Boise QB is going to be a good player if his O-Line/coached don't get him killed first. He took some huge hits.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

I watched and it was a weird game. Boise has an excellent d and so does Marshall. Boise o is not the Boise of past years, but is still decent. Marshall’s offense was putrid. They are beatable. Do we play them here or there?
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:59 am Side note.. Boise QB is going to be a good player if his O-Line/coached don't get him killed first. He took some huge hits.
Their new QB is very impressive for a true freshmen. He already looks like he's been playing high level football for years.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Boise hangover from big win at Florida State last week?

Y'all are right. Broncos typically put points on the board. Not common to see them win defensive struggles.

Yes I think Marshall was the preseason favorite in C-USA East Division.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:28 am I watched and it was a weird game. Boise has an excellent d and so does Marshall. Boise o is not the Boise of past years, but is still decent. Marshall’s offense was putrid. They are beatable. Do we play them here or there?
We sadly play them on the Smurf Turf.
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Here's another thing... Missouri is crushing West Virginia 31-0 at half... What might that say about our team this year?...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

FarEastPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:09 pm Here's another thing... Missouri is crushing West Virginia 31-0 at half... What might that say about our team this year?...
We'll find out today. Those rankings I posted above rank Texas State 111th. A truly good football team is not struggling with these guys. Pokes should coast.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

FarEastPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:09 pm Here's another thing... Missouri is crushing West Virginia 31-0 at half... What might that say about our team this year?...
Watching this game. I think it shows more about WV than it does about Missouri. I hope, for UWs sake, they win out and play in the SEC championship game. I just dont see it. Kelley Bryant looks totally overrated. Hes made some decent throws but his TDs were both wide open. Hes made some really bad reads and some bad decisions. I hope he gets it together and starts kicking ass but so far Im not buying his hype.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Not much unless we win against Texas State.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 pm
Watching this game. I think it shows more about WV than it does about Missouri. I hope, for UWs sake, they win out and play in the SEC championship game. I just dont see it. Kelley Bryant looks totally overrated. Hes made some decent throws but his TDs were both wide open. Hes made some really bad reads and some bad decisions. I hope he gets it together and starts kicking ass but so far Im not buying his hype.
Missouri CAN NOT play in the SEC Championship game due to probation for academic fraud!!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:07 pm
Missouri CAN NOT play in the SEC Championship game due to probation for academic fraud!!!!
Oh yeah! That’s right. I forgot about that.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

No but they can have a good record to make our win look like it's worth something.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:01 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:07 pm
Oh yeah! That’s right. I forgot about that.
I assume Kelly Bryant decided to transfer there before the probation was levied, right?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

aranderson wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:51 pm No but they can have a good record to make our win look like it's worth something.
And them running over West Virginia is a good start.
coantag_creek_poke
Buckaroo

Florida State almost lost to UL Monroe tonight too
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

coantag_creek_poke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:23 pm Florida State almost lost to UL Monroe tonight too
Florida State's program has been going to the poop in the last few years.