Beat the Sheep

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
brownngold
Buckaroo

This is one topic we should all agree on.

Let's let all of our differences go for a while keep the boot in Laramie for another year.

What sucks is Chambers can't play he could have had the opportunity to win the border war 5 times
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Win at all costs! Come on, Pokes, let's win this one
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

It's truly a very important game for bowl status, righting a 2 game slide and overall to Beeet The Sheeeep, sure hope we have at least 15k in the stands, im dressing warm!!! Get er done Pokes
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

You guys want to feel good about Wyoming again? Go read the sheep message board (if you can navigate that dinosaur). We lost 3 conference road games, all by one score. I'm with the majority here that are pulling their hair out over our offense, but the fact of the matter is that we have a good team. We can all bask in the warmth of an actual dumpster fire when it rolls into Laradise Friday night.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

That's an.. interesting way to motivate your team. Help them visualize losing :lol:
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Before BYU left the conference there was a geographical split on this topic in Wyoming. But the truth is, BYU NEVER considered us a rival. Even CSU thinks of CU as it's rival perhaps more than Wyoming. But there is no ambiguity in our case. It's the SHEEP. 60 miles away, 110 football games, 223 Men's Basketball games, stolen sheep and ponies, painted rocks, fields vandalized with Roundup. And because of all this plus the fact that we recruit the same athletes, I NEVER root for CSU. NEVER. I can imagine a scenario where they were playing BYU and I might actually emotionally be for the Rams, but I know that the best thing for Wyoming is for them to lose. ONLY IF their winning somehow benefited Wyoming in seeding of some sort could it be considered a plus.

GO POKES! BEAT THE SHEEP!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

brownngold wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:44 pm This is one topic we should all agree on.

Let's let all of our differences go for a while keep the boot in Laramie for another year.

What sucks is Chambers can't play he could have had the opportunity to win the border war 5 times
Dang, I didn't know Chambers was out. That stinks. But win anyway. Who is replacing Chambers?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

GOWYO wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:52 am But there is no ambiguity in our case. It's the SHEEP. 60 miles away, 110 football games, 223 Men's Basketball games, stolen sheep and ponies, painted rocks, fields vandalized with Roundup. And because of all this plus the fact that we recruit the same athletes...

GO POKES! BEAT THE SHEEP!
How could you forget the mascot fight (still feel bad for whoever was in the cam suit)? :D

For the record, I'm not making fun of the injured individual. That probably did go a little too far. Just adding to the list of examples about the rivalry.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:47 am It's truly a very important game for bowl status, righting a 2 game slide and overall to Beeet The Sheeeep, sure hope we have at least 15k in the stands, im dressing warm!!! Get er done Pokes
You're right, we've got to stop the losing streak. CSU is awful. They lost by double-digits at Arkansas earlier this season... and Arkansas is TERRIBLE. This could be the letdown of the year if we lose. I don't see it, I think the Pokes come out, fired up, and we retain the boot.

Go Pokes!