I can't stress the importance of this game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

1. It's the Pokes major rivals. Even if this were a crappy season, a win over CSU makes things a little better just for the emotions of the fan base. But there's a more tangible benefit - Wyoming and CSU go after the same players, generally. They both consider Colorado to be the major recruiting base, so it's critical to have that leg up. I'm tired of Wyoming losing to CSU. It pisses me off because I've seen too many Wyoming teams lose to INFERIOR CSU teams. I don't know if its mental or not - but its time to change this so Wyoming owns this series again.

2. It makes the difference between going to a bowl game and not. I don't care if it's the NM Bowl - Wyoming has had some lean years, and going to a bowl game is HUGE.
- More practice time
- Something to recruit players with
- Excites the fan base
- Adds a nationally televised game
- No player on the team has gone to a bowl game. It would be nice to send them off right.
- Going to a bowl game builds momentum behind a program

3. It's very important to win BIG games - rivalry games, games that decide bowl eligibility, games that can enhance the prestige of the program - this is one of those games. I believe a win against CSU gets the program over a hump - not THE hump - but a hump nonetheless, to a place where Wyoming is a bowl team, and we as fans and the Pokes as players should EXPECT to go to bowl games every year. This is a stated goal of DC. A loss? Eh - ok first season for DC. A win? Maybe the start of a new golden era in Wyoming football.

Go Cowboys.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

well put, i couldn't agree more.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

today is the day GO POKES!