sheep week: this is demoralizing

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Arguably one of the biggest games of the year and the air has been let out of the fanbase. Evidence is on this board which I'm guessing is reflective of the broader fanbase in general.

What a terrible year and really terrible 2 years. These last 2 years are marginally better than Bohl's first 2.

Anyway, here's hoping we at least get the boot back but I'm not liking our chances.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Get the boot. Re energize the team, find another win, maybe make a bowl game. Come on, Pokes
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:46 am Arguably one of the biggest games of the year and the air has been let out of the fanbase. Evidence is on this board which I'm guessing is reflective of the broader fanbase in general.

What a terrible year and really terrible 2 years. These last 2 years are marginally better than Bohl's first 2.

Anyway, here's hoping we at least get the boot back but I'm not liking our chances.
44-0

That's what this reminds me of and damn I am hoping for a similar result. In 2010, the team was terrible and it won a single conference game...44-0 over the sheep. As terrible as the 2010 season was, it was a great feeling to destroy the sheep.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:46 am Evidence is on this board which I'm guessing is reflective of the broader fanbase in general.
If we are apathetic, the broader fanbase is likely worse. We are supposed to be the die hard, grass is always greener, brown and gold glasses wearing fans.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

I haven't been this indifferent about a Border War since 2010. Hoping for a similar outcome.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:09 am I haven't been this indifferent about a Border War since 2010. Hoping for a similar outcome.
Back then, we had a decent qb in ACS. Levi is getting the start again. He's proven he can make a good throw. But he is guaranteed to make poor decisions like the 2 picks he threw last week. He's been in the program 3 years now and he just can't help himself from throwing into triple coverage. I would go back to Chambers but it probably won't matter who the qb is. We are only a 4 point underdog in this game. And it's not like csewe is some juggernaut. But then again, neither was New Mexico. We are on the cusp of a winless conference season and there are posters on this board cheerleading for us to get to a bowl game. Sad.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

CSU is good at passing and good at defending the run. Pokes are good at running and poor at pass defense. The run stuff cancels each other out. The pass stuff doesn't.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:17 pm CSU is good at passing and good at defending the run. Pokes are good at running and poor at pass defense. The run stuff cancels each other out. The pass stuff doesn't.
They’re #4 in the country in sacks too.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:59 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:46 am Arguably one of the biggest games of the year and the air has been let out of the fanbase. Evidence is on this board which I'm guessing is reflective of the broader fanbase in general.

44-0

That's what this reminds me of and damn I am hoping for a similar result. In 2010, the team was terrible and it won a single conference game...44-0 over the sheep. As terrible as the 2010 season was, it was a great feeling to destroy the sheep.
Was that 2010 game the worst combined record Border War ever? Man, I forgot how bad the bottom of the conference was that year. 9 combined wins between The Cowboys (3), the goats (3), UNLV (2) and New Mexico (1).....and we lost to both UNLV and New Mexico?!?!?! TCU finished #2 that year and beat these 4 schools 186-23. Damn.
Last edited by cowpoke pride on Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowpoke pride wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:50 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:59 am

44-0

Was that 2010 game the worst combined record Border War ever? Man, I forgot how bad the bottom of the conference was that year. 9 combined wins between The Cowboys (3), the goats (3), UNLV (2) and New Mexico (1).....and we lost to bother UNLV and New Mexico?!?!?! TCU finished #2 that year and beat these 4 schools 186-23. Damn.
Off the top of my head that was one of the worst matchups but I’m sure there might have been an even worse year.

Both teams were bad that year but there was little reason to believe Wyoming could beat CSU and CSU was favored. Wyoming was literally in the basement of the MWC. I had checked out on the season but what a fun game that turned into! The players sure showed they cared even in a lost season. I’m hoping we see something similar this weekend.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Be smart out there this weekend, Pokes fans.

https://www.wyomingnews.com/news/local_ ... 4a1d6.html
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This Board is the most negative segment of the fanbase that I encounter. I don't often visit this board anymore as a result.

I also think it speaks volumes about this board when there is virtually no traffic, other than bemoaning a few bad plays and the incompetence of the players and coaches during a resounding, dominating beatdown of the Sheep. It is almost like this board is rooting against this year's team.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

WyoExpat wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:45 pm
This Board is the most negative segment of the fanbase that I encounter. I don't often visit this board anymore as a result.

I also think it speaks volumes about this board when there is virtually no traffic, other than bemoaning a few bad plays and the incompetence of the players and coaches during a resounding, dominating beatdown of the Sheep. It is almost like this board is rooting against this year's team.
Yup. Pretty sad. I love it when we win. This board has a lot of miserable people that crawl out of the woodwork to bad mouth everything about Wyoming when we lose. Go, Pokes!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:47 pm

Yup. Pretty sad. I love it when we win. This board has a lot of miserable people that crawl out of the woodwork to bad mouth everything about Wyoming when we lose. Go, Pokes!!
It’s hard for anyone to be upbeat about the program following 4 conference losses including a shut out at home and another loss to a bad New Mexico team at home. It seems at times that I might be the biggest ‘sunshine pumper’ or ‘homer’ on here.

That said, I’ve never actually seen SDPoke say anything positive ever. He only posts when Wyoming loses. It’s bizarre. I’m sure there are others. I would think that any real Wyoming fan has to be pretty happy about today regardless as to the disappointing conference season.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, the negativity has gotten rather overwhelming in recent times on here.

Yes, the 4 losses sucked. But we did just stomp the sheep at home, in front of quite a large crowd. And this may be the momentum we need to get at least one or two more wins going forward.

And SDPoke deserves to be on everyone's ignore for rather obvious reasons. He's a toxic poster, at the best of times.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I would guess that board traffic is much lower when we have a home game. I would never post at the game and I have a long drive home after. If you want to avoid negativity, stay away from football message boards. I can't even imagine what's going on over at csewe's board right now.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Great win today and we really took it to CSU. Maybe it's what the doctor ordered, but the true test of this team and coaching staff is how do we take this positive energy and win ganes on the road. I know the any given Saturday mantra etc...but now lets see Coach Bohl earn his $$$ and win, the way he is spozed to do in year #8. Because I don't know about you all but let's say we go 1-2 the rest of the way....6-6 and "bowl eligibility" whoopty freakin do....8-4 is the goal let's see em GET ER DONE....good win beeeeeatin the sheeeep
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 pm Yeah, the negativity has gotten rather overwhelming in recent times on here.

Yes, the 4 losses sucked. But we did just stomp the sheep at home, in front of quite a large crowd. And this may be the momentum we need to get at least one or two more wins going forward.

And SDPoke deserves to be on everyone's ignore for rather obvious reasons. He's a toxic poster, at the best of times.
SDPoke most likely isn't even a Poke fan. His avatar is a Cowboy puppet and all he does is troll. Most likely he's just a very obvious SDSU fan that loves winding up people on this board.

There are a lot of those here lately. The football board is toxic.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:19 pm The football board is toxic.
LOL I really hate to see the Green Bay Packer message board right now. :roll: :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Message boards always have a negativity bias... That's kind of what they are for. I'll come in here and do my complaining with you all but, no offense, I'd rather do my celebrating with real people. :D