Levi....QB's

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Levi played a little better last night. There might be a glimmer of hope with him. I still think a JC transfer or regular transfer needs to be brought in
to compete for the job.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Yeah..he's ... serviceable. He's the type of QB for whom the goal is to not lose the game.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

It doesn’t f-word matter.

We proved that with JA.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

We need a jc transfer next year. If we don't do anything different, we will be lucky to win six games. Levi and Chambers are great dudes, but they won't get us over the hump.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Good for Levi, tonight. Even if he does or doesn't build on this, good for him. This is one for him to remember. We've seen glimpses of what could possibly be. I thought last year he would have had enough reps to take those steps forward but perhaps it really was a bum shoulder that limited any improvement. I thought for sure after the bowl game that he'd be our guy. Maybe last year was truly a lost season for wyoming and levi. We'll find out next week if he's developing that consistency that it'll take to lead this team to new heights.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Man, I hope this Levi is the one we get all the time. Where was this guy?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49 am Man, I hope this Levi is the one we get all the time. Where was this guy?
It may be that he needed some time to work up to this performance. It may be that USU’s defensive strategy wasn’t good. They had undersized guys covering Neyor and Cobbs and they weren’t up to the task. Maybe it was a little of both. Their defensive line seemed to be undersized compared to the Pokes offensive line as well. Whatever it was Levi should be going into the next game with confidence. This was definitely one of the most complete games they have showed us and hopefully they continue with the momentum to a bowl victory and 8-5 record
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times

Levi anticipated receiver routes and had a variety of good throws.. I don't really remember much of that from Chambers.

Great performance!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 am Good for Levi, tonight. Even if he does or doesn't build on this, good for him. This is one for him to remember. We've seen glimpses of what could possibly be. I thought last year he would have had enough reps to take those steps forward but perhaps it really was a bum shoulder that limited any improvement. I thought for sure after the bowl game that he'd be our guy. Maybe last year was truly a lost season for wyoming and levi. We'll find out next week if he's developing that consistency that it'll take to lead this team to new heights.
Well said. That was a hell of a game for Levi. One he'll remember for a long time.