Kaligas' Replacement

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

Now that we are through the heat of the early signing period and transfer craziness, does anyone have any daylight on Kaligas' replacement?

Beyond that, is anyone else concerned that our OL regressed so much under new "leadership"?
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Did our O line regress? I don't ever remember them being good in Bohls tenure.

Overhyped, yes. Nearly every year. Especially this year.

I hope you don't think I'm being a smartass... I'm genuinely curious. When we're they good, other than Rouillier?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 pm Did our O line regress? I don't ever remember them being good in Bohls tenure.

I hope you don't think I'm being a smartass... I'm genuinely curious. When we're they good, other than Rouillier?
Let's just say that they were worse than previous years - at least in my view. I don't think you're being a smartass - I think you are telling the truth. I keep hearing that this new guy will implement more zone scheme into the mix - but what I have seen so far doesn't give me much hope. I just remember seeing our QBs running for their lives on passing plays, our RBs forced to make their own holes and, after the play, all of the linemen standing around the RB or QB who just got smoked (as opposed to pulling their carcass off of some D-lineman they just pancaked).

Back to Kaligas...anything? Anyone? Beuler?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 pm Did our O line regress? I don't ever remember them being good in Bohls tenure.

I think it did regress as a whole. Run blocking, when not facing 9 out of 11 defenders, they did okay. Not great, but okay. In passing, well, no team needed to blitz on us. With 3 or 4 man rushes, they would usually get pressure, if not an outright sack.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

The guy that sits in front of me in the War said that he has fairly close ties to someone that has watched Frazier's career from very close range. He said that the simple truth is the O-lines he coaches always regress. Considering how important line play is to Bohl's scheme - I have to say that I am concerned.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:09 pm

I think it did regress as a whole. Run blocking, when not facing 9 out of 11 defenders, they did okay. Not great, but okay. In passing, well, no team needed to blitz on us. With 3 or 4 man rushes, they would usually get pressure, if not an outright sack.
I guess I just don't remember a time in Bohls tenure where our pass protection didn't suck.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:17 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:09 pm

I guess I just don't remember a time in Bohls tenure where our pass protection didn't suck.
Roullier's time here was the last time it didn't suck.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

303cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:23 pm
Solid hire. 9 Seasons as DE coach at Texas.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 242 times

Welcome to Wyo, coach Giles
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I like it, plus the Texas connection for recruiting.
I'm good for 3!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Good on paper. Now needs to show it on the field.