Need a New O-Line Coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

After a year as the offensive line coach at Wyoming, Derek Frazier is headed back to the NFL. Sources tell FootballScoop that Frazier, hired a year ago to run the offensive line for Craig Bohl’s Wyoming Cowboys’ program, will return to professional football with a spot on the Cincinnati Bengals’ coaching staff.

https://footballscoop.com/news/nfl-supe ... ek-frazier
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

303cowboy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:58 am After a year as the offensive line coach at Wyoming, Derek Frazier is headed back to the NFL. Sources tell FootballScoop that Frazier, hired a year ago to run the offensive line for Craig Bohl’s Wyoming Cowboys’ program, will return to professional football with a spot on the Cincinnati Bengals’ coaching staff.

https://footballscoop.com/news/nfl-supe ... ek-frazier
I guess it is a case of "be careful what you wish for" but that area of the team regressed significantly in 2021. Moving on.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

His replacement's already been hired:
https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... line-coach
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Addition by subtraction here. Frazier was...not good.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:24 am Addition by subtraction here. Frazier was...not good.
Agreed. It was mind boggling. That unit had been together for a couple of years, but they regressed under him. Kind of feel bad for Joe Burrow next season now.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:13 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:24 am Addition by subtraction here. Frazier was...not good.
Agreed. It was mind boggling. That unit had been together for a couple of years, but they regressed under him. Kind of feel bad for Joe Burrow next season now.
Next season? Did you not watch the second half of the super bowl? 😂
W-Y, Until I Die!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

This is good and welcome news. Having had fairly detailed discussions about Frazier from a person that has a pretty good understanding of his usual trajectory, our OL was likely heading in a drastically worse direction. The new guy appears to be very much in line with Polasek and a great coach. Carey's tenure at NIU and the lines they had speak well of Coach Tripodi. Between the departure of Chambers, Williams and Frazier and the addition of Peasley and Tripodi, next year is shaping up to be very interesting. I'm not saying we will win the conference - but I am saying that if we can backfill on defense and get more production out of our OL and TE/WR (even without Neyor), this is a team that could make some hay.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Ask and u shall receive
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:35 am This is good and welcome news. Having had fairly detailed discussions about Frazier from a person that has a pretty good understanding of his usual trajectory, our OL was likely heading in a drastically worse direction. The new guy appears to be very much in line with Polasek and a great coach. Carey's tenure at NIU and the lines they had speak well of Coach Tripodi. Between the departure of Chambers, Williams and Frazier and the addition of Peasley and Tripodi, next year is shaping up to be very interesting. I'm not saying we will win the conference - but I am saying that if we can backfill on defense and get more production out of our OL and TE/WR (even without Neyor), this is a team that could make some hay.
Wish I shared your optimism.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Glad to see the new hire. Was talking with some friends about how the o-line should've been so much better than the actually were. Cautiously optimistic.