MWC Awards

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Coach of the Year:

I would have thought Linder would get it but since Wyoming faltered down the stretch losing 4 of the last 6 I don’t think he will get it. Wyoming was picked 8th and finished 4th.

Boise was picked 4th and finished 1st. They also don’t usually pick a 4th place coach as coach of the year.

So Rice probably wins it.

Player of the year: Roddy

Defensive Player of year: Kigab or Mensah

Freshman of the year: Degenart
1st Team:

Roddy CSU
Kigab BSU
Hamilton UNLV
Ike WYO
Bradley SDSU

2nd Team:

Maldonado WYO
Shaver BS
Bean USU
Stevens CSU
Robinson Fresno

I think Maldonado deserves first team more than Ike but I’m pretty sure the coaches and media will put Ike up there and Maldonado will end up 2nd team. Too much talent this year and hard to figure out who should be first or second team.

Boise didn’t have any one outstanding player but they got 1st place so they will probably get a couple guys on it so I threw them on there.

What do you guys think?

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

That looks about right. I doubt Linder gets coach of the year. It's probably a crapshoot which Poke gets first team. Roddy is probably player of the year. Csewe would be nothing without him.

Since we have not signed Linder to a new deal, I have to assume he will be listening to offers once the year is over. I hope I'm wrong about this.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Since we have not signed Linder to a new deal, I have to assume he will be listening to offers once the year is over. I hope I'm wrong about this.
[/quote]

Well, it was fun while it lasted.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:26 pm Since we have not signed Linder to a new deal, I have to assume he will be listening to offers once the year is over. I hope I'm wrong about this.
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
[/quote]

Everyone all doom and gloom. What do you know?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I heard Linder would not negotiate in season. I am hopeful he will be here next year!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Kigab doesn't deserve first team but he will get it. That team has no top end talent for being the number one team. Rice deserves coach of the year for what he accomplished this year.

Ike faltered down the stretch when Wyoming needed him to step up. I'm not blaming the kid but that's going to cost him and Maldonado any chance they had at player of the year. I don't see how anyone gets it besides Roddy.

I think Kigab gets defensive player to reward that team for winning the conference.

Roddy and Ike should be first team locks. Kigab should be second team but will get first because Boise won the conference. SDSU will need representation so I think Bradley is a lock for first team. The fifth spot is more of a toss up. There are a lot of guys deserving of that spot that will end up on second team. Overall I think you listed the 10 guys they'll pick.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

Maldo will get 1st team and Ike 2nd, which is truly amazing compared to where this team used to be in years past. COY-Rice, but Burman better sign him for as many years as he (Linder) wants to be at 7220. POY: Unfortunately Roddy, sure hope we get another shot at them in LV!!! Cmon Pokes, clean slate let's Get er done!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

https://amp.idahostatesman.com/sports/c ... 48878.html

2021-22 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST MEDIA

FIRST TEAM

F David Roddy, Jr., Colorado State (161 points)

C Orlando Robinson, Jr., Fresno State (132)

G Bryce Hamilton, Sr., UNLV (131)

F Graham Ike, So., Wyoming (131)

G Hunter Maldonado, Sr., Wyoming (128)

SECOND TEAM

G Matt Bradley, Sr., San Diego State (119)

F Abu Kigab, Sr., Boise State (104)

F Justin Bean, Sr., Utah State (83)

G Marcus Shaver Jr., Sr., Boise State (77)

G Isaiah Stevens, Jr., Colorado State (69)

THIRD TEAM

G Grant Sherfield, Jr., Nevada (65)

G Jamal Mashburn Jr., So., New Mexico (37)

F Nathan Mensah, Sr., San Diego State (22)

G Jaelen House, Jr., New Mexico (21)

G Desmond Cambridge, Sr., Nevada (12)

HONORABLE MENTION

A.J. Walker, Air Force (9); Brandon Horvath, Utah State (8); Emmanuel Akot, Boise State (6); Tyson Degenhart, Boise State (2); Omari Moore, San Jose State (2); Anthony Holland, Fresno State (1).

Player of the Year: David Roddy, Colorado State (8)

Coach of the Year: Leon Rice, Boise State (8)

Defensive Player of the Year: Nathan Mensah, San Diego State (9)

Newcomer of the Year: Matt Bradley, San Diego State (11)

Freshman of the Year: Tyson Degenhart, Boise State (11)

Sixth Man of the Year: Donovan Williams, UNLV (6)

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Good for Ike and Maldonado!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Congrats guys
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Great to get that recognition! Well done!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Two of the top five players in the MWC on the same team. But the team finishes only fourth in the MWC. Where does that put the other three starters on that team?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:00 am Two of the top five players in the MWC on the same team. But the team finishes only fourth in the MWC. Where does that put the other three starters on that team?
There’s only so many possessions in a game and when 2 people take all the shots, it doesn’t leave much. When Ike was hitting 50% we’d win games. When maldo and Ike started to struggle, we lose.
W-Y, Until I Die!