NIT or the Big Dance

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Where does Wyoming end up?

The streak of losses to end the season along with the east coast bias in college basketball gives me a bad feeling of ending up in the NIT.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

We all want the big dance. Play in game is in the cards.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

If we would have played better tonight I think the playin game at worst was a lock.

They decided to not show up and although the score ended up somewhat close the game was a blowout.

Don’t know what will happen. Think they deserve the NIT more than the NCAA to be honest. Think if they somehow get in the NCAA they will get embarrassed. Would love to see them prove me wrong though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

NIT!!! Give us a couple more at 7220 then maybe a chance to go to NYC like 1986!!! The playin game is but it isn't the tourney in my eyes!! Either way would be fine tho
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

Before last night's game we were still projected as high as a 10 seed and as a Iast-4-in at the lowest. Those are NOT based on the pending outcome, but on if the season was over prior to it. Odds are, we are headed east.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 224 times

I don’t know how this is really much of a question to be honest. The last 4-in is a huge opportunity as the entire country will be following so that they can make their final bracket picks. The NIT gets pretty much no publicity and the the first 2 games (if at home) would be while students are on spring break.

To me - This is like asking would we rather go to the Potato Bowl to face Western Michigan and have a better chance of winning or becoming the G5 representative to the New Year’s Eve Bowls to face a more traditional powerhouse where we will have many more eyes but a lesser chance of winning.

I like Wyoming’s chances in a last 4-in scenario. The league spent most of the year trying to figure out how to gameplan around Ike. Good luck to any team trying to figure out in a couple days.

Edit - my response was to those discussing their view of the different tournaments. The original question asks where I believe we will end up. I believe that is in the NIT after a conference ‘upset’ that seems to happen every year at this time.
Last edited by OrediggerPoke on Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:34 am Before last night's game we were still projected as high as a 10 seed and as a Iast-4-in at the lowest. Those are NOT based on the pending outcome, but on if the season was over prior to it. Odds are, we are headed east.
Those projections don’t really take into account ‘spoilers’ and unpredicted results such as Texas A&M knocking off Arkansas or Memphis/Tulane winning the AAC. This is why being in the last 4-in at this point is tenuous at best.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

I want NCAAs. Think we get the last four in
CNPOKE
Buckaroo

I think we are in the big dance around an 11 seed. Nothing is guaranteed but vast majority of expert brackets today have us in. Go Pokes!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 124 times

NCAA, maybe Ike can get his mojo back, and figure out how to handle the double team.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:45 am NCAA, maybe Ike can get his mojo back, and figure out how to handle the double team.
Ike seems to be just a half step too slow when the opposition figures out how to handle him.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Selection Sunday and Wyoming is sitting at #50 in the NET. I'll be very surprised if Wyoming gets the play-in game at this point.
CNPOKE
Buckaroo

Richmond upsetting Davidson does not help our cause. NIT, play in or 11 seed all we can do is wait and see. Committee always has some surprises.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:03 am Selection Sunday and Wyoming is sitting at #50 in the NET. I'll be very surprised if Wyoming gets the play-in game at this point.
Wyoming is 11-6 in quad 1 and 2 games. That is one of the very best records in the at large field for those quad games. Plus some of the other “bubble” teams had very very bad OOC SOS.

If Wyoming doesn’t get in the only thing they can use for an excuse is that Wyoming’s BPI from ESPN was 102 which means we shouldn’t even get in the NIT. Not sure what ESPN does with those but that is a complete joke.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:07 pm
DVDA wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:03 am Selection Sunday and Wyoming is sitting at #50 in the NET. I'll be very surprised if Wyoming gets the play-in game at this point.
Wyoming is 11-6 in quad 1 and 2 games. That is one of the very best records in the at large field for those quad games. Plus some of the other “bubble” teams had very very bad OOC SOS.

If Wyoming doesn’t get in the only thing they can use for an excuse is that Wyoming’s BPI from ESPN was 102 which means we shouldn’t even get in the NIT. Not sure what ESPN does with those but that is a complete joke.
I think Wyoming deserves to get in. I just think there are too many factors working against them to get in. Maybe the run into the rankings was enough exposure but other than that we're talking about a small school out west most people haven't heard of.

BPI is trash but at this point I don't even feel the NET is useful considering Wake Forest is above UW with a weak ass schedule and basically one good win. I have very low expectations at this point.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

CNPOKE wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:59 pm Richmond upsetting Davidson does not help our cause. NIT, play in or 11 seed all we can do is wait and see. Committee always has some surprises.
But Tennessee held so that’s good
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lunardi updated and has the Pokes out following Richmond win. I’m not surprised. I’ve been saying all along there will be upsets and this ‘lock’ stuff is far from it. Still hopeful but personally doubtful.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:24 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:07 pm

I think Wyoming deserves to get in. I just think there are too many factors working against them to get in. Maybe the run into the rankings was enough exposure but other than that we're talking about a small school out west most people haven't heard of.

BPI is trash but at this point I don't even feel the NET is useful considering Wake Forest is above UW with a weak A$$ schedule and basically one good win. I have very low expectations at this point.
They don’t use NET for whether you get in or not. It is mainly used for seeding purposes.

I still think Wyoming gets and 11 seed or better. I wouldn’t listen to Joe Lunardi, Andy Katz, Mike Decourcy and all of the talking heads on the major networks. They aren’t very accurate with this and they like to create dram to get clicks.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

I think we’ll get f-word

Boise with 8 and CSU 6
Last edited by laxwyo on Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 124 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:17 pm I think we’ll get f##k[#]
That’s my fear as well……