Indiana vs Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Indiana favored by -3.5

Lower than I thought it would be.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Jackson-Davis is their main guy. Going to be a good matchup. Need to keep Johnson off the boards. Based on his rebound numbers and his 55% FG percentage, he probably gets some put back for his 12 pts per game. Both guards look like they can shoot 3s.

I still don't know why we don't put the irishman in to bang bodies a little. When I've seen him play D, he slides his feet and goes straight up. They score on him but he looks decent playing. Hunter T can't guard anyone without fouling.
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:03 pm Jackson-Davis is their main guy. Going to be a good matchup. Need to keep Johnson off the boards. Based on his rebound numbers and his 55% FG percentage, he probably gets some put back for his 12 pts per game. Both guards look like they can shoot 3s.

I still don't know why we don't put the irishman in to bang bodies a little. When I've seen him play D, he slides his feet and goes straight up. They score on him but he looks decent playing. Hunter T can't guard anyone without fouling.
They call fouls way differently in the tournament. Should be able to bang a little bit.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

You guys all remember when Wyoming was recruiting Parker Stewart a couple years back?

His dad passed away a couple years ago ( who was an assistant at Wyoming) but Parker plays for Indiana. He is their best 3 point shooter.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:26 pm You guys all remember when Wyoming was recruiting Parker Stewart a couple years back?

His dad passed away a couple years ago ( who was an assistant at Wyoming) but Parker plays for Indiana. He is their best 3 point shooter.
Parker used to live here obviously. My little bro was friends with him. He should be playing for us
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:14 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:03 pm Jackson-Davis is their main guy. Going to be a good matchup. Need to keep Johnson off the boards. Based on his rebound numbers and his 55% FG percentage, he probably gets some put back for his 12 pts per game. Both guards look like they can shoot 3s.

They call fouls way differently in the tournament. Should be able to bang a little bit.
I’m going to be a bit of a contrarian and say we may need more whistles to get Ike to the line more. If teams are allowed to bang with him without us getting any calls he turns into a black hole on offense because he can’t get to the line, and leads to those stretches where we go 5 minutes without a basket because we try to get Ike going in the post but nothings happening.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:42 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:26 pm You guys all remember when Wyoming was recruiting Parker Stewart a couple years back?

Parker used to live here obviously. My little bro was friends with him. He should be playing for us
Parker has a better 3pt% than fg%. Amazing.

Did he sport a fro when we were recruiting him? he went to missouri first but never played for them? his bio show a year with Pitt, then UT-martin then Indiana.
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:44 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:14 pm

I’m going to be a bit of a contrarian and say we may need more whistles to get Ike to the line more. If teams are allowed to bang with him without us getting any calls he turns into a black hole on offense because he can’t get to the line, and leads to those stretches where we go 5 minutes without a basket because we try to get Ike going in the post but nothings happening.
I agree with you. Just seems like In the NCAA they let them play a little more but who knows. If Ike can get calls without picking up fouls himself it would be great.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:55 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:42 pm

Parker has a better 3pt% than fg%. Amazing.

Did he sport a fro when we were recruiting him? he went to missouri first but never played for them? his bio show a year with Pitt, then UT-martin then Indiana.
He had a fro for awhile. He still has a tiny one if I remember correctly. He played his freshman year at Pitt then decided to transfer to Tennessee Martin with his dad. His dad passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack or something like that out of the blue. Seems like it was either right at the beginning of the season that year or at the very end of the season. I would have to look it up.

Once that happened he transferred to Indiana. I have watched him a few times this year. He is a good shooter.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I like this matchup as long as we don't worry about whom the front of the jersey says. We will be ok although more of their fans will be there, they don't know alot about us and that should be an equalizer.

Get er done Pokes!!!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

stymeman wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:35 pm I like this matchup as long as we don't worry about whom the front of the jersey says. We will be ok although more of their fans will be there, they don't know alot about us and that should be an equalizer.

Get er done Pokes!!!
We are the easiest team in the country to learn about though, at least offensively we are.

Play our two studs 1-on-1 in the post if you think you can guard them. Or double them and take your chances on our shooters.

It's certainly nothing complicated that a D1 basketball coach can't figure out.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Well the one saving grace to this game is that absolutely nobody and I mean nobody is picking Wyoming to win or cover the spread.

Every person I have seen on TV or YouTube has picked Indiana to win and to cover the spread. Most bets are on Indiana and a lot of money is on Indiana.

It’s basically an us against the world type game. A lot of times when that happens and nobody is picking a team, the other team wins. So maybe Wyoming surprises everyone, including myself and finds a way to win this game.

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

He's played for 4 schools in 5 years. Don't need a player like that.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:52 am

He's played for 4 schools in 5 years. Don't need a player like that.
Not only that, but he entered the portal after his first year at IU and decided to return.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

Well the Pokes don’t have to bus to Denver to catch a flight. They are flying direct from Laramie to Dayton. Burman needs to find money to do this through the regular season if we want to compete against bigger schools and keep coaches/players.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Indiana has been an underperforming program for years. They had only been in the tourney more recently than us by 1 year. They snuck in just like we did but probably more so: If Michigan doesnt blow a 17 point lead in the last 5 minutes of the game, Indiana is prepping for the NIT today. We're going to have to bring our game like we didn't bring to Vegas, but Im not going to call Indiana goliath and us David by any stretch.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am but Im not going to call Indiana goliath and us David by any stretch.
... not by any stretch but still calling it. This is not a good match for the Pokes.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Indiana is very beatable. So is St. Mary's, even more so. UCLA though...that will be a challenge.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:09 am
Poke in New England wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am but Im not going to call Indiana goliath and us David by any stretch.
... not by any stretch but still calling it. This is not a good match for the Pokes.
Stuff and nonsense. The B1G might have been the most overrated conference of the season. Their combined strength-of-schedule OOC is just barely above the MW's. They have no first or second seeded teams, Wisconsin is a very suspect 3 seed, Ohio State is seeded the same as CSEwe, and Michigan and Indiana basically snuck in. Just like we lost immediately after cracking the Top 25, every time a B1G moved up in the rankings, they lost. Our bench may be short, but we're coming off of 3 days rest vs. Indy's 2. I think we match up pretty well with the Hoosiers, and it's going to come down to motivation and coaching. I'll take the 'Pokes and the points...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:01 am Indiana has been an underperforming program for years. They had only been in the tourney more recently than us by 1 year. They snuck in just like we did but probably more so: If Michigan doesnt blow a 17 point lead in the last 5 minutes of the game, Indiana is prepping for the NIT today. We're going to have to bring our game like we didn't bring to Vegas, but Im not going to call Indiana goliath and us David by any stretch.
Agreed, and I would say Wyo shouldn’t have just slipped in. They haven’t played well the last couple weeks of the season. If they return to play like they did earlier in the year they can hang with a lot of good teams. If they play like they did the last 10 mins of the Boise St game, they can hang with a lot of good teams. If not, well it was fun for much of the year. And, this is a great group of kids. They are quality people and it’s been fun to support them.

Go Pokes!

and get Linder a raise.