Well look at the bright side...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

we might beat Air Force at home!!!!!!

Two things to say after that loss.

#1. Stop that press. Sure it creates 3-4 dunks every game, but in return we give up 30 easy baskets on the other end. Nobody gets back in time. We have 4 guys pressing their 2 guards, who eventually break the press so we get to play 1 on 3.

#2. Learn how to rebound the basketball. CSU is not a big, physical rebounding team, yet they can out rebound us????
superpoke
Buckaroo

terrible performance on the court and terrible coaching! we continue to be porous on defense when we are supposedly coached by a "defensive" coach. It's been 3 years and the program is not improving, all the schroyer supporters can spew their young team bull crap all they want, I AM NOT BUYING IT! TIME FOR A CHANGE!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

ridiculous wyoming teams do not lose at home to teams like this
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Let us see what he does in the next game. If he doesn't start Waddell and Bouedo we know why his head has a brown tinge around the ears. Sylla can't get out of his own way and Davis can certainly be and has been an asset, but if he is having a bad day you know it right away, so sit him down sooner, not later.
superpoke
Buckaroo

Adv8RU12 wrote:Let us see what he does in the next game. If he doesn't start Waddell and Bouedo we know why his head has a brown tinge around the ears. Sylla can't get out of his own way and Davis can certainly be and has been an asset, but if he is having a bad day you know it right away, so sit him down sooner, not later.
While over on the other side of the court, Tim Miles seems to be getting the most out of what he has, csu obviously is not a real talented squad but atleast there players scrap and play hard and play with fundamentals
Portlandpoke
Buckaroo

What is with Afam and Jackson sitting the pine almost the entire second half. Is Schroyer a complete Jackass? I am trying to be patient but every time I seen them play they are more pathetic from the last time. The coaching is unbelievably poor. Keep pressing after you get burned for twenty straight points. Sure they made at least 4 points off of the press and got torched for 20 or 30. This guy does not get it, he needs to buy the book Coaching Basketball for Dummies. This was disgusting getting drilled at home by the Sheep(which are comprised of a bunch of unathletic walkons). We are doomed again, hopefully a big doner will step up and buy him out. Hopefully, I am completely dead wrong but i am not feeling optimistic.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I agree about Jackson sitting out but no Afam. Sure he is the high scorer on the team but its only because he shoots more than anyone. He has to be the laziest basketball player I have EVER seen. Stand around like a jackass 90% of the game and then most of the time when he drives he makes a dumb move and gets a charge or turnover. He was better last year and I didn't really like him then either.
Bubs is just astounding to me. How can a SEVEN FOOT TWO INCH guy lose a rebound to a guy a foot shorter? And his hands are as big as tables yet he cant grab a lose ball? Can he even jump? Its pathetic. On top of that I know he can shoot as he proves in warm ups every game but when it comes time to get the ball inside during gameplay its like he has never been on the court in his life.
And maybe Heath can squawk a bit more at his players and throw a few more childish temper tantrums.

Fire him and lets start again because he has proved we cant improve to the level it takes to compete in the MWC with him in charge.
Does Dave Christianson know anything about coaching basketball? ;)
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

One thing I did agree with was sitting Afam. That guy does nothing but sit around the perimeter waiting for the ball. If he only developed the slightest resemblance of a post-game...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

calpoke25 wrote:One thing I did agree with was sitting Afam. That guy does nothing but sit around the perimeter waiting for the ball. If he only developed the slightest resemblance of a post-game...
Maybe all the press about how great Afam is went to his head. Maybe Schroyer should keep Afam from reading the papers (if he CAN read)
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote:#1. Stop that press.
Agreed - sort of. Stop the press when it stops working. If you rattle a team with it, keep it up. If they consistently beat it for easy buckets, let it go.
calpoke25 wrote:#2. Learn how to rebound the basketball.
YES!! It pisses me off to no end to watch our guys get pushed out of position EVERY time!

This team has a lot of groiwng up to do, which is sort of funny because the average age is pretty high. Not a good way to start the conference season.