Selling Out the War for Boise State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

I hope that the athletic department pulls out the stops to push for a sellout for the BSU game. They haven't made a concerted effort to get a sellout this year (and, outside of AFA, the home slate has been meh). Now is the time. It will help the team and potentially solidify a better bowl for the Pokes.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

We will be bringing 7 of us from Pinedale, if that helps.
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Hope the weather doesn't suck too bad that particular day
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Thanksgiving might be a problem here.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:08 am I hope that the athletic department pulls out the stops to push for a sellout for the BSU game. They haven't made a concerted effort to get a sellout this year (and, outside of AFA, the home slate has been meh). Now is the time. It will help the team and potentially solidify a better bowl for the Pokes.
Thanksgiving games' attendance always takes a hit.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

We will be there. But the Boise State game is pretty much assured to be the lowest attended of the season. Students will be out of town and the weather is unlikely to be great.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

For whatever it's worth (probably nothing) I don't believe it will be the lowest attended game of the season, in fact, I think it will be a pretty good crowd that night. There will be a full moon that evening and night time temps will be in the area of 28 degrees for kickoff according to a weather website I checked with. Yes, I agree there should be an all out marketing blitz for this game, but then again, I don't expect too much from this administration which I believe does a piss poor job in promoting the football program throughout the state. Marketing is one area where Wyoming needs big time improvement.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:19 pm
LawPoke wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:08 am I hope that the athletic department pulls out the stops to push for a sellout for the BSU game. They haven't made a concerted effort to get a sellout this year (and, outside of AFA, the home slate has been meh). Now is the time. It will help the team and potentially solidify a better bowl for the Pokes.
One suggestion I would have is allowing season ticket holder to buy extra seats at a reduced price for family and friends who normally would not attend the game.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

doreno5 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:26 am
Wyovanian wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:19 pm

One suggestion I would have is allowing season ticket holder to buy extra seats at a reduced price for family and friends who normally would not attend the game.
Brilliant. That type of thinking, outside the box is not welcome here in Wyoming.
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

If...big if...WYO beats CSewe, and heads into the Boise tilt for a shot at the title, students will likely stay that day to participate in the festivities. That type of situation rarely happens. It isn't a unicorn (like the Detroit Lions winning a super bowl) but close!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:19 pm Thanksgiving games' attendance always takes a hit.
It's the week before Thanksgiving, though, which will make it better. Also, that's the first day students have off for Thanksgiving, but they'll be in class on Friday. I think this one will be more well attended than most here seem to think.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

It's the week before Thanksgiving, though, which will make it better. Also, that's the first day students have off for Thanksgiving, but they'll be in class on Friday. I think this one will be more well attended than most here seem to think
That should help a lot with classes and I agree we will have a decent student section. Even the sparser crowds this year have been loud and fun.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:11 am If...big if...WYO beats CSewe, and heads into the Boise tilt for a shot at the title, students will likely stay that day to participate in the festivities. That type of situation rarely happens. It isn't a unicorn (like the Detroit Lions winning a super bowl) but close!
I've only missed on the Joser game so far, but had them losing to Rams, Donks and Dogs to end the season but then changed Dogs to a win ( i didn't want to be too pessimistic about how our team finishes the season :lol: ) . Now the Dogs have Haener back and will probably ruin it if we happen to beat Rams and Donks.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:11 am If...big if...WYO beats CSewe, and heads into the Boise tilt for a shot at the title, students will likely stay that day to participate in the festivities. That type of situation rarely happens. It isn't a unicorn (like the Detroit Lions winning a super bowl) but close!
I'm never overly optimistic predicting Wyoming wins. Having said that: I would be shocked if we lost to csewe. They are 2 plays from being 0-8. We will be coming off a bye and they will be playing for the 4th week in a row. Bohl understands the importance of the game and our only loss to them since 2016 was the pandemic game. I expect us to pound them by at least 20.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

For the record pre season I said on this board we win Division and conference ( due to esy conference, improved QB play, and I made that prediction with Sebastian Harsh doing good things pre injury ). I didn’t predict the awesome play of The other young DEs , Harris, Ow, and Siders.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

marcuswyo wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:38 pm
It's the week before Thanksgiving, though, which will make it better. Also, that's the first day students have off for Thanksgiving, but they'll be in class on Friday. I think this one will be more well attended than most here seem to think
That should help a lot with classes and I agree we will have a decent student section. Even the sparser crowds this year have been loud and fun.
Man...I've been to a lot of home games when there was classes on Friday and break the following week...it always hurts attendance.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:17 pm
I've only missed on the Joser game so far, but had them losing to Rams, Donks and Dogs to end the season but then changed Dogs to a win ( i didn't want to be too pessimistic about how our team finishes the season :lol: ) . Now the Dogs have Haener back and will probably ruin it if we happen to beat Rams and Donks.
You have us losing to the sheep?? Why?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:41 pm
laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:17 pm

You have us losing to the sheep?? Why?
preseason picks. can't beat them forever :lol:
W-Y, Until I Die!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Offer the students an incentive to stay. Keep the dorms open. Serve prime rib in the dining halls. Give them t-shirts. Free beer. Whatever. I also like the idea of discounted tickets for season ticket holders. I'd buy them to donate to local youth, military, or whomever. We need a raucous crowd for this game.
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

If it's cold and windy, and IF our running game is cranking, we might spring a big surprise on bs state. Their new quarterback is good, but I don't think he's faced adverse weathr yet. Fingers crossed.