Sheep Prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I think this game is gonna be close. 27 - 23 pokes.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

After the 2nd bye week I think the Pokes are going to wipe the floor with CSU: 39-14. I also think that Ft. Collins will know the name DQ James for a while after this game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

I will say 28-14 with the Pokes getting a late TD to pull away. This one has me very nervous, though! Pokes better be ready. This is their Super Bowl, and we need this one to set up a showdown with Boise. Can't overlook them!!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Being the degenerate gambler that I am, I have to bring the line into this. We are -9 with a 41 pt total.

I think we cover the spread. 16 points seems to be the csewe ceiling. I think we win 27-16.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Norvell is pulling out all stops - this is the superbowl for CSewe football. Lubick spoke to the lambs yesterday on the importance of this game, and the lambs are planning a KKK rally (white out) in the stadium to combat Game Day Gold. They will be ready...we should be as well.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Goat U and the ewes have nothing to lose. I think this will closer than any of us like, and hope the Pokes pull of the win. I think one of the goats score on us early, and go up a touchdown, and add a field goal. The Pokes score the go ahead points late in the game.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:27 am Norvell is pulling out all stops - this is the superbowl for CSewe football. Lubick spoke to the lambs yesterday on the importance of this game, and the lambs are planning a KKK rally (white out) in the stadium to combat Game Day Gold. They will be ready...we should be as well.
Uh, is that your prediction? That both teams will be ready? Mighty bold!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

24-10 Pokes!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:23 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:27 am Norvell is pulling out all stops - this is the superbowl for CSewe football. Lubick spoke to the lambs yesterday on the importance of this game, and the lambs are planning a KKK rally (white out) in the stadium to combat Game Day Gold. They will be ready...we should be as well.
Ya, I know CSewe will be "ready" - after all - this is the only thing they are playing for this year - the Boot! As far as WYO - we will see.

Dickface never lost a border war, until his final year. 4 & 1. Just saying.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

I am always leery when Wyoming is favored by more than a few points. Bohl's team have a habit of letting lesser competition stay in the game or get ahead. I will be happy if Wyoming pulls out a W but would prefer if we won by 10 or more.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:19 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:23 pm

Ya, I know CSewe will be "ready" - after all - this is the only thing they are playing for this year - the Boot! As far as WYO - we will see.

Dickface never lost a border war, until his final year. 4 & 1. Just saying.
I remember that game. Csewe came to Laramie and kicked sand in our face. But that csewe team went to a bowl. This csewe team is 2 plays away from being 0-9. This is probably the worst csewe team since about 3 coaches ago. If we do our thing and don't turn the ball over, they don't have enough fire power to beat us. I'm sure they are going to load the box and make Peasley throw. Hopefully, he'll do just enough to keep them honest.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

We find a way after we struggle with the ewes early...UW 31 Sheep 21
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

It's their super bowl, but they also seem like a team that gets punched in the mouth and realizes they're out matched. I'm sure Norvell will have them amped up and bringing in Lubick to get a little extra fire is great for them, I just don't see this sheep team "getting over the hump" against the Pokes. Probably too close for comfort still and a 17-6 type win for the Pokes.

I'd like to see us really lean on them in the run game and break their spirit. Swen, McNeely, James just pounding the rock, controlling clock, and keeping the ball away from them. When they do get it, tons of pressure up front. Saw something like the sheep QB has been sacked more than anyone else in the league. The front 4 gotta be licking their chops watching game film.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

GoPokes86 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:17 pm It's their super bowl, but they also seem like a team that gets punched in the mouth and realizes they're out matched. I'm sure Norvell will have them amped up and bringing in Lubick to get a little extra fire is great for them, I just don't see this sheep team "getting over the hump" against the Pokes. Probably too close for comfort still and a 17-6 type win for the Pokes.

I'd like to see us really lean on them in the run game and break their spirit. Swen, McNeely, James just pounding the rock, controlling clock, and keeping the ball away from them. When they do get it, tons of pressure up front. Saw something like the sheep QB has been sacked more than anyone else in the league. The front 4 gotta be licking their chops watching game film.
Agree. I think we can , and will, break their will. And I see more than a few sacks in our future
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The Hawaii game scared me - this one does not. They'll be rested and ready to go, and they're getting better as an overall football team as this season continues to run its course. CSU is really down right now and I don't care if they brought back Joey Porter, David Anderson, or Bradlee Van Pelt to fire up this team, it's not going to work. Wyoming is far better on all 3 levels and I expect a beat down on Saturday night, an appetizer for what will be on the docket after that, a 1st place divisional showdown with the blue turf boys at The War. I fully expect the Pokes to chew this Rams team up and then spit them out. Someone should tell the CSU boys to have a few boxes of toilet paper available on their sideline cause they're gonna need it to wipe off all the sheet the Pokes will be throwing at them all game. A statement game of sorts, a game that proves that Wyoming is bringing their season along at a slow boil, but that boil will begin to spill over in the 4 quarters this Saturday night. The Pokes know the deal and they know what's at stake. Also, can someone find the imbecile who decided to kickoff the 4A HS championship game at The War at 4P this Saturday, only 1 hour before the start of the Border War game in Ft, Collins?
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:48 am Also, can someone find the imbecile who decided to kickoff the 4A HS championship game at The War at 4P this Saturday, only 1 hour before the start of the Border War game in Ft, Collins?
The high school state championships are set to be this weekend every year. 4A is always the last championship game on the docket. UW games and times are the very last thing to be determined in this regard.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Anyone know about injuries? Is OL Pregnon OK to go? What about DT Godbout and N Glinton? It would be nice to have those guys back.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Zach Watts is ready to make ground meat out of some sheep Saturday
https://7220sports.com/wyomings-zach-wa ... r-victory/
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

GoPokes86 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:17 pm It's their super bowl, but they also seem like a team that gets punched in the mouth and realizes they're out matched. I'm sure Norvell will have them amped up and bringing in Lubick to get a little extra fire is great for them, I just don't see this sheep team "getting over the hump" against the Pokes. Probably too close for comfort still and a 17-6 type win for the Pokes.

Exactly right. The last thing we want is a re run of the New Mexico or Hawaii game where we get down by 2 scores. Get them down early, make them throw, get a turnover or 2, and break their will. The last time we played down there, in an empty stadium, Levi threw a pick six right out of the gate and we never recovered.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:57 am Anyone know about injuries? Is OL Pregnon OK to go? What about DT Godbout and N Glinton? It would be nice to have those guys back.
Pregnon is good to go. Godbout and Glinton both still out. Swen also ready to roll.