Transfers...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:56 am I saw on the twitterverse that Cobbs has a bunch of P5 offers. I had to laugh...that guy has stone fingers. Somebody is going to regret that offer...

The purported Ole Miss and TA&M offers are a bit baffling. CSU also offered him.

According to his twitter all of his offers:
Arizona State
Ole Miss
TA&M
Abilene Christian
Prairie View A&M
Colorado States
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:52 pm I see that Alvester Alexander, I mean Brett Smith, I mean Titus declared for the draft.

Best wishes to him, but man, sure seems like a mistake.
Alexander made the right call at RB. Brett Smith made the worst call of all time.

I won't be too sad when Titus goes undrafted. It looks like he has sure tried to burn the house down on his way out.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:56 am I saw on the twitterverse that Cobbs has a bunch of P5 offers. I had to laugh...that guy has stone fingers. Somebody is going to regret that offer...
Cobbs P5 offers??? What in the world
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:39 am
Cobbs P5 offers??? What in the world
Yep, hilarious. Oh well, not our problem.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cobbs has been "alright" at best while here. Which means he'll be riding a bench at his "P5" offers.

Swen going pro was to be expected (only if after the bowl game), but RBs are well, a "dime a dozen", like what was said. But boy, earned or not, he doused the bridge with oil and shot a flamethrower on it on his way out.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:23 am
djm19 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:52 pm I see that Alvester Alexander, I mean Brett Smith, I mean Titus declared for the draft.

Best wishes to him, but man, sure seems like a mistake.
Alexander made the right call at RB. Brett Smith made the worst call of all time.

I won't be too sad when Titus goes undrafted. It looks like he has sure tried to burn the house down on his way out.
Why do you say Alexander made the right call? What was his compensation for never making a roster?
I'm good for 3!
PokesNCider
Buckaroo

I think if a lot of people knew what was said to the team after the Boise St game, you would be less critical of the kids and more understanding of why they left. Good for Cobbs, he isn’t all world but he solid and will fit a role for those teams. Wyoming continues to lose talent bc of themselves tbh.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

PokesNCider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:24 pm I think if a lot of people knew what was said to the team after the Boise St game, you would be less critical of the kids and more understanding of why they left. Good for Cobbs, he isn’t all world but he solid and will fit a role for those teams. Wyoming continues to lose talent bc of themselves tbh.
What was said and by whom?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:04 pm
PokesNCider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:24 pm I think if a lot of people knew what was said to the team after the Boise St game, you would be less critical of the kids and more understanding of why they left. Good for Cobbs, he isn’t all world but he solid and will fit a role for those teams. Wyoming continues to lose talent bc of themselves tbh.
Agreed - if you're going to throw that out there - who said what to the team? If a coach after a heated and close game says "we need to get our heads out of our asses and play with more effort" that is to be expected. If a coach crossed the line, tell us why. I mean 'PokesNCider' recently joined after the Boise game and the posts have only been related to coaching and player departures.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:28 pm

Agreed - if you're going to throw that out there - who said what to the team? If a coach after a heated and close game says "we need to get our heads out of our asses and play with more effort" that is to be expected. If a coach crossed the line, tell us why. I mean 'PokesNCider' recently joined after the Boise game and the posts have only been related to coaching and player departures.
Yep - don't put poop like that out there, that has no support to it...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:12 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:23 am

Why do you say Alexander made the right call? What was his compensation for never making a roster?
He entered into contracts with about 4 teams and made some money. The running back position has a limited shelf life. Another year of college wasn't going to do anymore for him in terms of potential professional success or the draft.

Chicago Bears (2012)*
Indianapolis Colts (2012)*
Tennessee Titans (2012)*
Indianapolis Colts (2013)*
Tennessee Titans (2013)*
Pittsburgh Steelers (2013–2014)*
Ottawa Redblacks (2015)*
PokesNCider
Buckaroo

I joined in October, good try though sport. I have a daughter that attends Wyo and I’ll leave it at that. Ill let everybody connect the dots. I dont support the blaming of players by those who are unaware of the situations. Blame the grown adults. Or dont.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

PokesNCider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:11 pm

I joined in October, good try though sport. I have a daughter that attends Wyo and I’ll leave it at that. Ill let everybody connect the dots. I dont support the blaming of players by those who are unaware of the situations. Blame the grown adults. Or dont.
You're making public allegations that a coach supposedly said something to the team that is so out of line that it in of itself should justify any player leaving the team. Yet you still refuse to identify what was allegedly said. And now you reveal that your source isn't first hand, or even a player or a coach who would be a party to such a conversation, but that it is your daughter who happens to attend Wyoming. Sure, your daughter may work for athletics and may have sat in on a post-game discussion (which may be lacking in context for her) or maybe she heard it from a player, assistant coach, boyfriend or a friend. Regardless, the credibility of the information is completely lacking to throw something like that out there. Think about it.

I hate to break it to you, but there are folks on here with closer contacts to the program than a daughter that attends the University.
PokesNCider
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:26 pm
PokesNCider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:11 pm

You're making public allegations that a coach supposedly said something to the team that is so out of line that it in of itself should justify any player leaving the team. Yet you still refuse to identify what was allegedly said. And now you reveal that your source isn't first hand, or even a player or a coach who would be a party to such a conversation, but that it is your daughter who happens to attend Wyoming. Sure, your daughter may work for athletics and may have sat in on a post-game discussion (which may be lacking in context for her) or maybe she heard it from a player, assistant coach, boyfriend or a friend. Regardless, the credibility of the information is completely lacking to throw something like that out there. Think about it.

I hate to break it to you, but there are folks on here with closer contacts to the program than a daughter that attends the University.
A) never said it was out of line. just explains why players left. again, nice try

B) i dont have to reveal what I know or how I know it. seems like youre just upset that im not. it’s very credible bc…..

C) I dont think many here have closer contacts, but enjoy continuing to be angry about it

BTW, players and recruits read this. So if you care about the product that goes on the field, id be careful attacking the players… bc, you know, we all want the pokes to win.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

PokesNCider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:42 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:26 pm

A) never said it was out of line. just explains why players left. again, nice try

B) i dont have to reveal what I know or how I know it. seems like youre just upset that im not. it’s very credible bc…..

C) I dont think many here have closer contacts, but enjoy continuing to be angry about it

BTW, players and recruits read this. So if you care about the product that goes on the field, id be careful attacking the players… bc, you know, we all want the pokes to win.
I'm not upset. Your credibility is zero and throwing unsubstantiated and potentially defamatory (but for being so vague) crap out there like that certainly does not garner my respect.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

I see now why this board can be so ruthless. I'd recommend everyone step back, realize Wyo is not on TV this week and have a nice cup of tea (or whiskey/whatever you prefer)

We aren't going to solve anything tonight. I haven't heard anything out of the AD's department

A guy that signed up at posted his child is here and heard rumors about it - he should be able to speak without the wolves attacking.

We have one game left this year. We have plenty of head coaches to attack. The anger doesn't have to come out all at once. We all feed off each other. We should be happy someone else joined the pack!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

poop.

Loudest boos come from the cheapest seats.

A bunch of prima donnas rallying the troops. Good to see who the troops are.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
PokesNCider
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:51 pm
PokesNCider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:42 pm

I'm not upset. Your credibility is zero and throwing unsubstantiated and potentially defamatory (but for being so vague) crap out there like that certainly does not garner my respect.
if it was defamatory (which its not, but it was enough to make 2 P5 players leave, another who will get a shot in the League, and another who will most likely end up back in the MW) wouldnt it make more sense to not share it then? Which is what I have done? Im sorry I dont have your respect, im not sure how Ill get to sleep at night without a person on a message boards respect.

tell ya what, how bout I wait till after Craig Bohl leaves and then ill speak on what happened.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

For every 8 that leave, 100 stay. So, yeah, coaches may be archaic in thinking, and may even be complete jerks, but 100+ players either 1) think things are okay 2) tough enough to handle it 3) realize Pokes gave them a chance and realize going to play at Chadron State isn't a viable option

The trend of those leaving year after year are position players from warm weather areas. Don't see lineman from Minnesota leaving.

The guys going to the NFL that have been associated with UW are playing IN Laramie. Not transferring elsewhere and then going to the league.

We will never hear Neyor, Cobbs, Swen's name again unfortunately. So much talent that will be buried by depth and the league.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:01 am.

We will never hear Neyor, Cobbs, Swen's name again unfortunately. So much talent that will be buried by depth and the league.
I believe Neyor will be a really good NFL receiver.